Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R3 sold in singapore, where made?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 01:58 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know where R3 DVDs that are sold in Singapore are manufactured? Solely from Korea or?

Has anyone mail-ordered DVDs from Amazon.com shipped to Singapore? Any problems with customs? How does it work?
Old 12-10-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... Singapore is Region 3... don't know whether any R3 DVDs are actually manufactured there (or in Malaysia? or in Indonesia?)... but a few made-in-Hong Kong DVDs that I used to own were coded Region 3 - however, these were discs featuring Japanese or Korean movies, not HK movies (which afaik are all coded "Region: All", or "All Region", or R0)...

. . . . . .
Old 12-10-04, 02:23 PM

not HK movies (which afaik are all coded "Region: All", or "All Region", or R0)
There are many Hong Kong releases that are Region 3.
Old 12-10-04, 06:50 PM

I assume R3 DVDs are made either in HK or South Korea. I'm from Indonesia, and I think official R3 DVDs in Indonesia are also manufactured from those countries.

I've ordered from amazon.com - no problem with custom in Indonesia as long as you use DHL (express shipping - of course it is costly - but maybe not for you Singaporeans). Regular airmail can be an option but I won't take it. I've tried only once and it took 6 months to arrive in Indonesia.
Old 12-11-04, 02:12 AM

Yes Amazon to Singapore no problem. Done many times.

enjoy.
Old 01-06-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Not sure if this is relevant to the question since I didn't really follow what it was asking, but the DVDs I've purchased in Singapore have all been R3, and I'm pretty sure at least a couple of them were domestically produced. I know that the "Tears of the Black Tiger" R3 that I bought in the airport was not the Thai version (which I don't yet own) or the R2 UK edition (which I do own). Different cut, different features, different cover from the others. Unfortunately I don't have the cover with me at the moment -- not yet featured in DVD Afficionado or DVDcompare.net. From a quick glance at my "One Leg Kicking" and "Home Run" dvds -- I'd say they were produced locally -- not any HK or SK company that I recognize.