Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Vanuatu 12/09/04

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Vanuatu 12/09/04

One Survivor is alienated from the tribe after an outburst that jeopardizes any chance of being in the Final Four.

Tempers flare when one tribemate refuses to tell another the whereabouts of some buried provisions.

When a tribemate catches two Survivors talking strategy, an altercation erupts that makes everyone realize what's at stake.

Working both sides of a divided camp, one Survivor makes conflicting promises going into Tribal Council. Which way will the tribe member vote? And who will make it to the Final Four?

Well, hopefully that bitch Ami will be gone toni.....what, oh yeah, her evil scheming ways finally bit her in the ass last week.

I guess that means that Julie Chickenbones (cute as she is) should be next up on the chopping block.

We'll see tonight. I'm still rooting for Chris. He would be one of the most unlikely male winners ever.
Old 12-09-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope Twila or Scout get blindsided!
Old 12-09-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
"Divided camp" sounds like it will be Julie/Eliza vs Scout/Twila, with Chris in the middle.
Old 12-09-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree with Jeremy

I'll take it one step further and predict he'll side with the "old women" to the final 3. Why wouldn't he?

The women in the jury won't like Twila OR Scout and he's got Sarge and Chad's vote. His best odds are with the older women.

Julie or Eliza would probably get Ami and LeAnn's vote.
Old 12-09-04, 02:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mosquitobite
I agree with Jeremy

I'll take it one step further and predict he'll side with the "old women" to the final 3. Why wouldn't he?

The women in the jury won't like Twila OR Scout and he's got Sarge and Chad's vote. His best odds are with the older women.

Julie or Eliza would probably get Ami and LeAnn's vote.

I agree. This episode looks exciting!!
Old 12-09-04, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
"Divided camp" sounds like it will be Julie/Eliza vs Scout/Twila, with Chris in the middle.
Or Eliza/Chris vs. Scout/Twila with Julie in the middle since she is the odd person out of the alliance.

Anyone have any guesses as to who those two are that get "dangerously close to an active volcano?" To me it looks like Scout and Eliza, but I have a hard time believing they'd be together.
Old 12-09-04, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vonner
Anyone have any guesses as to who those two are that get "dangerously close to an active volcano?" To me it looks like Scout and Eliza, but I have a hard time believing they'd be together.
Unless, of course, one is trying to push the other in.
Old 12-09-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
If Chris was smart he would have Eliza ousted tonight...she has proven she can win in both mental and physical challenges.
Old 12-09-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He should try to devide the old farts. You know those two would stick together so it's 2 against 1 vote for the final challenge. He would have to beat them both and he's already proven that he can't take them on.
Old 12-09-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
If Chris was smart he would have Eliza ousted tonight...she has proven she can win in both mental and physical challenges.
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
He should try to devide the old farts. You know those two would stick together so it's 2 against 1 vote for the final challenge. He would have to beat them both and he's already proven that he can't take them on.
NO NO NO!!!

Julie must go tonight. She is far too much of a threat. She is a far too well liked and therefore a GUARANTEED winner if she makes the final two.

Let her go tonight and you risk her taking the last two immunity challenges and ending up in the final two.

Chris vs. Julie
Twila vs. Julie
Scout vs. Julie
Eliza vs. Julie

Any way you look at it, Julie probably wins on good looks alone. Think about it. Wouldn't you rather end up in the final two with any of the others?
Old 12-09-04, 08:17 PM

I'm not telling any of you where my bananas are.
Old 12-09-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Crap. Scout is one step closer to the most useless winner in Survivor history.
Old 12-09-04, 08:43 PM

Scout's been hanging with Vecepia?
Old 12-09-04, 09:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Chris is another step closer to winning this!!

Greatest men in history...

1. Thomas Edison
2. Chris from Survivor
3. Abraham Lincoln
4. Alber Einstein
Old 12-09-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Crap. Scout is one step closer to the most useless winner in Survivor history.
Yup
Old 12-09-04, 09:20 PM

Question: Would Julie have been a worthless winner?
Old 12-09-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm conflicted as to whether Chris made the right choice or not. It seems like he's now counting on winning the challenges, because he's totally isolated now. He made an agreement with Eliza to go to the final 2 and that's blown away since he already was exposed as lying to her about Julie. And Scout and Twila are basically one person. Chris, by keeping Twlia and keeping his promise, will certainly help him win in the final 2 if he makes it, but his chances of making it just slipped a bit. Scout and Twila have the power of 2 and Chris and Eliza are on their own now that this group has to vote out each other. If I'm Eliza and I win the next immunity, Chris gets the boot. And Eliza would be crazy, if she wins once or twice not to keep Scout who can't beat anyone at anything and won't win with the jury. Chris has to be thinking of taking Twila to the end, knowing he has two male votes in the bag and that the girls hate Twila too much to give her the title. But he might just have lost Julie and Eliza's vote, even if it is Twila and Chris in the end. If Chris had kept Julie, he'd have had total control with both Julie and Eliza doing anything he told them to do and, if he moved forward, he could have brought Eliza, still not pissed off Julie, and with Eliza in the final, he'd have had a hard time losing. Tough call tonight. Sure seems like Ami got knocked a lot for being arrogant, but Twila and Scout are just as bad. If Eliza or Chris don't win, I will be very sick and want to crawl under a rock and die.
Old 12-09-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by TwineTime
Question: Would Julie have been a worthless winner?
At least Julie competes. A thinking challenge is what Scout needs to excel at but she hasn't even done that.
Old 12-09-04, 09:36 PM

Scout competes. She's just not as fast as the others.
Old 12-09-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Thinking about it, I think Chris made a bad move.

If he would've knocked out Twila, it would've been Chris, Eliza, Julie, and Scout in the final four. With Scout as the obvious boot.

Chris is a threat because he has two solid votes on the jury, and I assume the remaining women know this.

Now it's Scout, Twila, Chris, and Eliza, with Eliza being a wild card. Depending on who takes immunity, Scout and Twila are probably a solid voting block that could turn on Chris, the sole man left. With a final four of Scout, Julie, Eliza, and Chris, it would probably be easier for Chris to get the girls to unite against Scout. (Unless the remaining members would want to keep her for the final three because she wouldn't pose any competition in the challenge.)

I think that if Chris wants to survive, he's going to need to win the next two ICs.
Old 12-09-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
What a stupid show.
Old 12-09-04, 10:22 PM

How so? Is it because Chris didn't consider the Final 4 Hotness Factor?
Old 12-09-04, 10:46 PM
Cool New Member

I think Chris was okay going either way.

Keep Julie = Leaving Scout as an easy target and pretty much guarantees final 3, meaning he just has to win one immunity.

Keep Twila = As long as Eliza does not win immunity in the final 4, Chris will have an easier time winning immunity into the final 2, and it will be easier to beat either of those women in the final 2.

I think Chris was perhaps thinking of who he would rather have in the final 2, instead of which route there would be easiest.

The worst thing that could happen to Chris is if Eliza wins immunity Sunday, then it will probably be the end of the line.

-Adam
Old 12-09-04, 10:49 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
What a stupid show.

I was thinking about you. You have my condolences.
Old 12-09-04, 11:01 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
My initial thougts were that Chris made the wrong decision. Having reconsidered, I don't believe he did. I think Chris is safer with Twila and Scout, than with Eliza and Julie. I could easily envision Julie orchestrating Chris's ouster with Eliza and Scout. I don't think Twila, along with Scout, will attempt to get rid of him before they boot off Eliza. Of course if Eliza wins the first immunity, then Chris could be in trouble. Overall, I think he made the right choice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.