Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the craziest thing you've done in GTA:SA?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious to see what crazy stuff people have been doing in this game? I haven't gotten too far into it yet (still in Los Santos). Craziest thing I've done has probably been riding a bike to top of a skyscraper and jumping it off the top with a parachute. It's nice that you can do that sort of thing in the game. Good escapisim. Sneaking on to the other areas of the game and running from the cops in a monster truck was a lot of fun too.
Old 12-08-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I liked derailing trains.
Old 12-08-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ride my bike, then get hit by a drive-by.

Couldn't even finish the first mission, but I only played it once. got fed up with the first mission and decided to explore.
Old 12-08-04, 05:38 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like causing a major freeway pile up (this usually only works in Las Venturas), then shooting the gas cap on one of the cars with a sniper rifle from afar.

Plus it's fun to stick satchel explosives to pedestrians and blow them up with the remote as they run away.
Old 12-08-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I liked derailing trains.
Oooh! Really? I'll have to try that...
Old 12-08-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Found this long ramp up in the hills in the north west. Drove down it with a Hotring Racer and jumped this huge cavern to the other side.

Still haven't parachuted and that train thing sounds like a must.
Old 12-08-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The train derailing is alot of fun. The faster you go, the more the train vibrates, and you eventually just derail. One time I lost 2 of the train cars on a bridge and the other 2 and the locomotive about45-75 seconds farther down the track.
Old 12-08-04, 08:06 PM

The craziest thing I have done? That has to be not opening the game yet.
Old 12-08-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, what will power....
Old 12-09-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I like causing a major freeway pile up (this usually only works in Las Venturas), then shooting the gas cap on one of the cars with a sniper rifle from afar.

Plus it's fun to stick satchel explosives to pedestrians and blow them up with the remote as they run away.
Me too. I stumbled upon this by accident. Was on one of the freeways, going too fast, hit a car, and all of a sudden, cars behind me just started crashing into one another. It's also fun to throw a grenade from afar and watch them all blow up.
Old 12-09-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I flew a leer jet into Los Venturas (before I was allowed) and tried to land on the military base. I wanted to steal a jet, but was killed immediately when landed. I don't even know if there is a jet on the military base.
Old 12-09-04, 01:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Also, there are several missions that allow you to enter certain areas you can never access otherwise. I think it's fun to save some of those in separate memory card saves so you can go back and just screw around in those places later on, without having the mission based concerns.

A few I can think of are:
Spoiler:
The underground area of Area 69
Big Smoke's crack palace (last mission of game)
Aircraft carrier you steal the harrier from (or is it open?)

And some of open (or partially open) but lack the enemies to shoot:
Spoiler:
Caligula's vault area
The Russian mob warehouse
The Vietnamese gang's ship
Old 12-11-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Re-taking over 100% of Los Santos with the jetpack and the gimp suit

Vigilante mission with the tank

And when I get bored...killing everone I see and find out how long I can last

Hockey mask and chainsaw spree
Old 12-11-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Running over Balla's with my vehicle.
Old 12-11-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Running over Balla's with my vehicle.

When I first read this I thought it said "running over Santa's balls with my vehicle"
Old 12-11-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
A few of my favorites;

Getting a tow truck, picking up another tow truch which picked up another tow truck which finally picked up a car, and driving down the street. I don't know why that is so fun but it is...

My favorite moment was causing a pile up and seeing a taxi nudge a cop car. The cop jumped out of his car and shot the taxi driver. I was
Old 12-12-04, 05:15 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Another favorite I just thought of. Get a lot of ammo for your sniper or assault rifle. Wait by a train track until the freight train comes by. Hop on back of the flat bed car (you may need to position a car to jump off of, depending on where you are). Then simply ride on the train car, shoting pederestrians and cars as you go. This also works atop smaller vehicles, but it's a lot easier to fall off.
Old 12-12-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
Another favorite I just thought of. Get a lot of ammo for your sniper or assault rifle. Wait by a train track until the freight train comes by. Hop on back of the flat bed car (you may need to position a car to jump off of, depending on where you are). Then simply ride on the train car, shoting pederestrians and cars as you go. This also works atop smaller vehicles, but it's a lot easier to fall off.

Can the cops get you?
Old 12-13-04, 09:17 PM

Smackin the Ho's with the Double-Ended Dildo
Old 12-13-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Not buy it yet
Old 12-14-04, 02:02 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Can the cops get you?
They can shoot you, but they can't physically get to you (i.e. arrest you). The speed the trains goes, though, the cops on foot usually don't have time to react... the game spawns them and they run towards you, but by the time they stop and fire off shots you're usually past them. The helicopter is still a pain, though, so you might want to get a rocket launcher or bazooka. Besides, those can be fun on the train as well simply for blowing up cars. Hell, the molotov cocktails and grenades are fun to toss from the train as well.
Old 12-14-04, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
They can shoot you, but they can't physically get to you (i.e. arrest you). The speed the trains goes, though, the cops on foot usually don't have time to react... the game spawns them and they run towards you, but by the time they stop and fire off shots you're usually past them. The helicopter is still a pain, though, so you might want to get a rocket launcher or bazooka. Besides, those can be fun on the train as well simply for blowing up cars. Hell, the molotov cocktails and grenades are fun to toss from the train as well.

Can you spawn a tank on the trainbed?
Old 12-16-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Me too. I stumbled upon this by accident. Was on one of the freeways, going too fast, hit a car, and all of a sudden, cars behind me just started crashing into one another. It's also fun to throw a grenade from afar and watch them all blow up.
Same here, caused the big freeway wreck by accident. It was funny as hell watching cars keep smashing into the back of me as i'm running away looking over my shoulder watching all of the cars blow up. I just beat the game, so I don't know if I'll pick it up again for a while, but derailing trains sounds cool.
Old 12-17-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the craziest thing will be actually beating the game which I should do today. There were a few missions especially the flying ones that I thought I would never beat. I'm pretty sure I beat the steal the Hydra one by pure luck and that NOE one took me about 40 tries to finally finish. I straight up suck at flying in this game.

Definitely a game that will test your spirit.
Old 12-17-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Checkout this insane stunt video that some guy made. Looks like it took a lot of time. He's obviously played the game more than I have!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.