Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

questions about the wonderswan

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about the wonderswan

I was thinking about getting the wonderswan crystal, does anyone here have one? is it difficult playing the import games?
Thanks for the help
Old 12-07-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Playing import games is really no more difficult than playing a game in your own region. Language barrier being the only real issue, but that depends on the game. Obviously an arcade or platform game requires little reading, but an RPG would be difficult without a guide. What are you looking to get one for? I didn't think there were any exclusives worth getting one for, especially that Final Fantasy I&II has been improved and released on GBA (and in English).
Old 12-07-04, 04:03 PM

No game in paticular...I just like handheld games. Do you have one? Maybe I should just save up and get a gp32 or Zodiac. Although there is a Mr. Driller game for the wonderswan
Old 12-07-04, 05:05 PM

I own the Wonderswan Color. The only game I have on it is Final Fantasy. Since the screen isn't lit, it's pretty dark at times. There really aren't many import friendly games for that system. Most are garbage games made by Bandai or just RPGs with lots of text.
Old 12-07-04, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by junkie
No game in paticular...I just like handheld games. Do you have one? Maybe I should just save up and get a gp32 or Zodiac. Although there is a Mr. Driller game for the wonderswan

I LOVE my Tapwave Zodiac! The free LJZ Emulator alone is worth Price of admission! Now that I can use wi-fi with it; it's even better! And worse case scenario; if no more games come out for it; You have a Palm that Is the equivalent of High End Tungsten!

more info:

www.tapland.com (there's a link to the LJZ emu)
www.tapwave.com
www.zodiacgamer.com
Old 12-07-04, 07:39 PM

Not meaning to hijack or anything but everytime I read the name of this handheld, I think of Chevy Chase's quote in Caddyshack 2.

Too funny!!
Old 12-07-04, 08:03 PM

which Tapwave do you have? could you tell me more about it?
Old 12-08-04, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by junkie
which Tapwave do you have? could you tell me more about it?

I have the Zodiac 1 32mb internal. I have a 256mb SD card in it holding majority of my games, apps, movies etc... The other slot has a 32mb SD that I had lying around. I hope to get a 1 GB SD for xmas to really LOAD TONS of stuff on it.

If you want to learn more about it be sure and go to the websites I listed above. In short it's a Multimedia PDA that is PALM based. It has bluetooth.
TWO SD slots with one being SDIO. Analog joysticks 6 face buttons plus a right and left trigger button. 320 x 480 Bright Screen. Stereo Yamaha Speakers. 8 Mb Video card built in. Touch screen of course. Headphone jack because of course it's an MP3 player.
Here's some reviews
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/tapwave...c2-review.html
http://www.brighthand.com/article/Zapwave_Zodiac_Review

As far as games go. The Zod has a handful of ZODIAC Specific Games
The graphics are on Par with I'd say a playstation 1 or N64 or Saturn era of games. THE LittleJohnZ emulator is INCREDIBLE. It emulates SNES NES GB NGP Genesis TG16 and Wonderswan too! You could essentially Load up 1000's of old school games to an SD card. Best yet LJZ is Free! and Only for the Zodiac (sorry other Palm users)

It's a great gaming gadget that is by far one of the Best PALM's out now!
Old 12-09-04, 09:34 AM

thanks, I think I will add this to my christmas list instead of the wonderswan