TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 12/01/04

Old 12-01-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Smallville - 12/01/04

"Scare", Episode #410.

Spoiler:
Lex's experiment at Luthorcorp goes awry and releases a dangerous toxin into Smallville; hoping to find a cure, Clark offers a blood sample to Lex and is stunned by what Lex does with the antidote.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover.
Director(s): David Carson.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson.

Original Airdate: December 1, 2004.
Old 12-01-04, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to tonight's show. The preview of Lana shirt being unbuttoned gives me the hot.
Old 12-01-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
nice use of T3 footage
lucky for clark rapid heating was what was needed and not slow heating
Old 12-01-04, 07:44 PM

Hmm, Terminator 3 footage was a weird touch.
Old 12-01-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Best episode this season.
Old 12-01-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is about the only show I've ever seen that can't consistently pump out new episodes for a full season. They take a week off here, a month off there, 2 months here, etc. Keeping track of when a new episode comes on is frickin' tough. Why are the episodes released in such a sporadic nature. Or maybe there are other TV shows that I don't watch that are done the same way. It's aggravating as hell.
Old 12-01-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

you didn't miss today's episode, did you?
Old 12-01-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish there was more insight to Lex's subconscious, rather than using the footage from the first season where the old woman could see into the future by touching people. But maybe that's just his aspirations.

And was Lionel playing mind games all this time?
Old 12-01-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"Scare"

I liked the last half this episode more than the setup. At least we get a decent attempt at scratching underneath the character facades of Clark, Chloe, Lana, Lex, and even Jason.

Chloe was just begging for Clark to spill his secret to her after revealing her mom being in the mental institution and stricken with a hereditary illness, causing Chloe concern that she'll be afflicted as well.

So who sprung Lex? For some reason, I thinking it was Jason's mom, but perhaps it's Bridget (Margot Kidder).

I did like the way they showed Clark's fear of why he feels that he could never tell Lana the truth because of his presence on earth is why she lost her parents in the meteor showers. Saying it is one thing, but seeing his dread and the re-enactment of the meteors bombing the hell out of the Smallville brought back memories of the Smallville pilot.

Lex in the white presidential suit amidst so much destruction from the missile bombings brought back visions of scenes from the ending of Terminator 3. That Lex fears that his rise to the presidency would be so disasterous to the world is a very strange and extraordinary fear, delving deeper into his psyche and fear of never being able to turn away from what is his pre-conceived destiny, no matter how hard he tries otherwise.

Lana's fears were of abandonment, which is to be expected for someone who lost her parents at a young age due to catastrophic events.
Old 12-01-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
but lex is john connor, how can he be bad?

Last edited by mikehunt; 12-01-04 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Of Clark telling his parents about really wanting to tell people the truth about himself and then deciding not to because of what he envisioned, it seemed to foreshadow events that will pay off in the final episode. Clark will probably spill it out to Lana if the show goes by the current DC continuity. The ending between Clark and Chloe of the episode might imply that she will know, too. I've always felt that Chloe is a tragic, doomed character, so if and when she finally knows, it will be brief. (I've always pictured her dying in Clark's arms in the final episode, but I'm probably way off on that.)
Old 12-01-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Wouldn't a Kryptonite meteor just disintegrate Superman?
Old 12-01-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the 30 min mark.

pretty good so far.

edit- pretty good episode overall.

but since when did they start showing in Widescreen format?

Last edited by Mole177; 12-01-04 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I liked about the show was the little things that had nothing to do with the main story.

1. Who got Lionel out of prison?
2. Will Clark tell Chloe. He has to tell someone now that Pete is off the show.
3. Is Lionel good or bad?

The rest of the show was ok.
Old 12-02-04, 12:02 AM

Yea...I liked the reused Terminator 3 footage.

Pretty good episode. Not the best and not the worst.

I was screaming at Clark at the end when Chloe was giving him a good reason to share all secrets.

Since episode one I have always liked the idea of Clark and Chloe better than Clark and Lana.

Yes...Lana is hot as all get out but with Chloe's character and personality she seemed to me to be a better fit with Clark.

Besides...she would have no problem dealing with Clarks extra abilities and other worldly origin.

But...then there is LOIS!!

I hope she shows up again pretty soon!!

Take care all!!
Old 12-02-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
My first thought on who freed Lionel was Morgan Edge .. or did they kill him off?
Old 12-02-04, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bronkster
My first thought on who freed Lionel was Morgan Edge .. or did they kill him off?
Lex capped his ass in Season 3's "Shattered" or "Asylum," one of those two. At the end Edge tries running over Lex in his car but Lex puts a couple bullets in him, and Clark proceeds to absolutely demolish Edge's car (one of my favorite special effects on the show).

Heh, it seems I'm not the only person to immediately think of T3's ending when seeing the nukes in Lex's fear. There was also footage recycled from "Hourglass" from season 1. The limo seems similar to Bridget's in one of the previous episodes where she picks up the nerd guy from prison.

As to the possibilty of Chloe learning / Clark telling her his secret, that would really drive Chloe to the mental institution, having the story of the world and not being able to publish it because of your friendship.

Last edited by SuprVgeta; 12-02-04 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-02-04, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
So that WAS footage from T3?! I guess since they're both WB.. interesting. The space shot seemed longer than in the movie.
Old 12-02-04, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
My guess is that Jason's mom sprung Lionel from prison.

So Lex's worst fear is also his actual future?

Chloe is the wildcard as far as knowing Clark's secret. Personally, as my favorite female character on the show, I'd like for her to know/figure it out. On the other hand, given her cut throat reporter mentality, what would she do with the info? That makes her dangerous. I'd like to see her find out, be tempted to publish the explosive "ALIENS WALK AMONG US" headline, & then redeem herself by keeping the secret.
Old 12-02-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by ytrez

Is this what the current Superman comics have? He becomes President?
Old 12-02-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

Lex in the white presidential suit amidst so much destruction from the missile bombings brought back visions of scenes from the ending of Terminator 3.

The first thing that came to my mind was from the original film version of The Dead Zone and Christopher Walken's vision of the future when he grasped the arm of candidate Martin Sheen.
Old 12-02-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by marty888
The first thing that came to my mind was from the original film version of The Dead Zone and Christopher Walken's vision of the future when he grasped the arm of candidate Martin Sheen.

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.
Old 12-02-04, 11:23 AM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Originally posted by ytrez
I don't think that Lex's greatest fear was that he would bring on the end of the world, it's that he would ENJOY it.

Am I the only one that noticed the smile on his face when he was standing among all the skeletons?
Old 12-02-04, 11:26 AM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Originally posted by Red Dog
Is this what the current Superman comics have? He becomes President?
Lex became President Lex in 2000. He disappeared about a year ago during the first arc of the new Superman/Batman book.

He is expected to have a huge impact in DC's upcoming "Crisis" that they've been hinting at for about a year.
Old 12-02-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JEStinson3
I don't think that Lex's greatest fear was that he would bring on the end of the world, it's that he would ENJOY it.

Am I the only one that noticed the smile on his face when he was standing among all the skeletons?
Good point, I was thinking the same thing as well.

The first nightmare scene was Jason's? During the first few moments I knew it had to be a dream, but the way Lana was hitting on Clark, I thought it was Clark's dream.

Jason/Clark/Lex are tied for having the best nightmare.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.