TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Pokemon! when it's gonna be over?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 12:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pokemon! when it's gonna be over?

I CHOOSE YOU, (please insert name) !!!

How is it possible that Pokemon has been playing for over 5 years! i have just realized that every Saturday they have atleast one new episode, not to mention all the different video games they are coming out with! Wtf is up with that? you dont see like digimom or uhhh Powerpuff Girlz doing that! Lol I wonder when the series is actually gonna be over.... Evetually they are going to have to run out of ideas
Old 12-01-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you noticed new episodes? Just ignore it.
Old 12-01-04, 01:43 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Try two new episodes every Saturday!.

Pokemon went for 8 seasons in Japan, and currently, they are about half way through Season 7 (episodes 335 and 336 are this weekend).

There are 381 episodes total. Seasons 1-7 had 52 epsiodes each and Season 8 had only 20 episodes. Plus there were 12 specials and 7 movies...

So yeah, I guess it has an end!
Old 12-01-04, 10:03 AM
Banned

but when????

Kidz are so like into it, that the Pokemon company can just keep creating new pokemon, and continue the story line!!

hahahaha

I wonder how old Ash Catchem is now.... He hasnt aged a bit!

Laterz
Old 12-01-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
They can join the Power Rangers
Old 12-01-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by krobo
but when????

Kidz are so like into it, that the Pokemon company can just keep creating new pokemon, and continue the story line!!

hahahaha

I wonder how old Ash Catchem is now.... He hasnt aged a bit!

Laterz
See the answer above. If they only made 8 seasons and they are showing season 7, new episodes will end in a year or so. They will probably be shown in reruns for years so Pokemon won't be gone for the forseeable future.

Question: Why does it bother you that it is still going? Does it somehow effect your life? Ignore it if you don't like it. Since people obviously like it still, it makes them happy. Let them watch and enjoy it. You probably would hate it if your favorite show ended because some people didn't like it so don't do it to Pokemon.
Old 12-02-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
"Eventually they are going to have to run out of ideas"

Haha! You make it sound like they take shows off the air when they run out of ideas, not when they get lower ratings... the same basic premise of catching and using different Pokemon and battling at different gyms has been the staple of the series, and that doesn't change. But kids still watch, there are still episodes left in Japan to translate (unlike say, Digimon), and it's still a viable videogame franchise for Nintendo... in fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't commission another series just to keep the name popular with the kids.
Old 12-02-04, 03:06 PM
Suspended

How long will it run? The easiest way to answer that is look to the past and to two other powerhouse children's franchises: Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Both shows, at the heights of their powers dominated the landscape of children's culture. I remember the days Toys R Us had the TMNT isle. It wasnt action figures - but Turtles. Nothing but Turtles as far as the eye could see.

Both shows eventualy wained in poopularity and fell from public eye (not counting Japan, where Transformers was going strong for the last 20 years - but Japan is weird anyway). And suddenly with the retro-craze in full swing, all the shows from our youth are coming back with a vengance.

So, Pokemon` will fade and lose it's luster, replaced by The Next Big Thing. However, given enough time - say, 15 to 20 years for the fanatics to grow up (and get all kinds of disposable income), we will see a resurgance. So we'll get Neo-Picachu in 2015? More than likely.
Old 12-02-04, 09:28 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Krobo... that sounds like a good name for a Pokemon.

[Ash]I choose you KROBO![/Ash]

Old 12-04-04, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll end.... when Japan sinks into the ocean...
Old 12-04-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think it's ended in Japan yet. At least there are still episode descriptions for new ones in Newtype.

But the Game Boy Pokemon games are still great.