TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dateline NBC: Diana Revealed 11/29/04 & 12/06/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dateline NBC: Diana Revealed 11/29/04 & 12/06/04

"Diana Revealed" to offer sneak peak into her life
Those in awe of Princess Diana will get yet another chance to take a sneak-peek into her life, for NBC will soon be coming up with a new Di special.

According to Zap2it, the programme titled "Diana Revealed" will feature extensive videotape footage shot by Peter Settelen, a communications consultant, who worked with Diana in the 1990s for 16 months.

Settelen recorded several interviews with her on a wide range of subjects, including her childhood, her marriage and separation from Prince Charles and her struggle with bulimia. It will be anchored by Ann Curry who will interview Settelen about the tapes, which he recently regained possession of after a legal battle.

Did anyone here watch this? I watched for the "train wreck" factor, I guess. The tapes themselves don't paint Diana in an unflattering light, but it seemed like NBC wanted to just sex it up a bit more than it needed to be. I think there was probably five to ten minutes of actual tape footage and the rest was stuff that everyone knows unless they've been under a rock for 20 years. I'll be skipping next week and wait for the DVD of the tapes....

Last edited by SMB-IL; 12-01-04 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-30-04, 01:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
It was facinating to see all the footage and such but on the whole, there wasn't anything new I hadn't heard or known about Diana before this program, though I still plan on checking out next week's installment.
Old 11-30-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diana ultimately turned into just another celebrity nitwit.

If she spent less time jetting around the world to appear at parties and premiers while showcasing designer gowns, and more time with her children she would still be alive today.

She was maybe a step above Paris Hilton.