Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Recommend some Anime

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Recommend some Anime

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-04, 06:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommend some Anime

Ok.....if this has been posted, i apologize.....but i would like some recommendations for some anime with violence like
1) Blood- The Last Vampire
2) Ghost in a Shell
3) In Kill Bill vol 1: The anime part of O-Ren Ishii childhood.

I guess, the more stylish violence, the better. Any suggestions??
Old 11-28-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Production IG did Kai Doh Maru (they also did Blood and the Kill Bill section) it uses alot of the same techniques BLOOD did, feels short but has some great scenes. They also did Jin Roh which has a great story and some cool violence. If you love Ghost in the Shell (i found both movies boring) I highly recommend the Ghost in the Shell:Stand ALone Complex tv series, it has great streamlined stories and cool action scenes. Ninja Scroll for some great action and blood and when it comes out, the Appleseed movie from this year, it has some truly groundbreaking animation and action.
Old 11-28-04, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by harosa
Production IG did Kai Doh Maru (they also did Blood and the Kill Bill section) it uses alot of the same techniques BLOOD did, feels short but has some great scenes. They also did Jin Roh which has a great story and some cool violence. If you love Ghost in the Shell (i found both movies boring) I highly recommend the Ghost in the Shell:Stand ALone Complex tv series, it has great streamlined stories and cool action scenes. Ninja Scroll for some great action and blood and when it comes out, the Appleseed movie from this year, it has some truly groundbreaking animation and action.
Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah, Ghost in a Shell was bit boring but i guess the gadgets and action make me like it. Ninja Scroll and Appleseed looks great though. Saw Stand Alone Complex, again, the gadgets and techno stuff intrigues me, but i rather must have the violence. Any other recommendations is appreciated.
Old 11-29-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I was making and maintaining a couple of anime threads for awhile, but eventually nobody cared anymore so I gave up.

This link should pull up the threads...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/search....der=descending
Old 11-29-04, 01:37 AM

Ninja Scroll is good, I really liked Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust and I have heard good things about Hellsing (action wise) but haven't personally seen it.
Old 11-29-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dead Leaves is pretty violent and bloody.
Old 11-29-04, 08:53 AM

Yeah Trigger, saw your anime thread. Its a great thread and as you said, after a while, the attention just "kapoofed". In any event.....i am going to check out some of the titles mentioned. I find the problem with anime sometimes is that there are so many of them and even though the cover looks good...the story sometimes is a bit boring(I call it beauty in the eye of the beholder effect). Since i like violence...i sure am going to give these a try.
Old 11-29-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like the amount of new anime has doubled since I quit making that list as if anime is growing exponentially. It's impossible to keep up... so I haven't been. Although, I've seen a few that are worth mention - Dead Leaves and Read Or Die (the movie).