Reload this Page >

Sex and the City Season 6 Part 2

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-26-04, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had done a search for this, and nothing came up so I apologize profously if this has been adressed before.
My aunt asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her, "Sex and the City Season 6 Part 2". She(being the fan that she is) told me that it wasn't out til the 28th. Does anyone know why this was schedule AFTER CHRISTMAS. Logically it doesn't make any sense to me. It seems they could have cleaned up evewn more by bumping it up 2 weeks time.
Old 11-26-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because DVDs sell like hotcakes after X-Mas. Especially when everyone is going back to the stores to return what they don't want. Plain and simple.

xXx, S.W.A.T., Fast and the Furious, and numerous others sold millions of copies when they were all released after X-Mas.
Old 11-26-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because they're banking on you spending that HMV voucher you got from uncle Joe.
Old 11-26-04, 05:09 PM

It also worth bearing in mind that with it being the 7th release in the Sex and the City Series, the audience is already there, so scheduling it for after christmas means they don't have to compete for shelf space with the big releases
Old 11-26-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went into the Orange County marketplace today. I actually went there looking for the first year of CSI, but was shocked when I saw Sex in the City Season 6 Part 2 for sale!! Not only was it on sale, it cost me only $15 with no tax included. Any amazing deal. The box is different than Sex in the City Season 6 Part 1. The overall picture quality is very good and the audio is outstanding. I couldn't believe I got this thing nearly a month early. WHOHOO!!!!!!!

If you have any questions about the set I'll try and answer them. I will also try and go to my friends house and scan some picturtes in to show you.

You should get down there fast. Everybody that wants it for Christmas will be snatching them up!
Old 11-27-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Just Lurking
I went into the Orange County marketplace today. I actually went there looking for the first year of CSI, but was shocked when I saw Sex in the City Season 6 Part 2 for sale!! Not only was it on sale, it cost me only $15
Would this not be a bootleg?
Old 11-27-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kayak99
Would this not be a bootleg?
Should have put a in.

See this Dalvin thread
Old 11-27-04, 10:53 AM
Banned

Do they have any more left? I can think of two actual stores in Orange County that are selling this one, but you got it for $15???? There's no way. I know the guy that works there . He charges for a 3 -disc set of Futurama $25.00(no tax). I would be in utter shock if you got this for $15.00 no tax. That seems a little odd to me.

Also, your post was yesterday(Friday) at night. You said that," I went to the Orange County Markeplace today". That's impossible that you could have gone to the Orange County Marketplace and got it then, because they aren't open on Friday.

I am also skeptical becuase the gentleman and I do buisness quite often there and he said he would hold it for me if he got it in. I want to believe you, but its not adding up.

Last edited by Dalvin; 11-27-04 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-27-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I deal with a guy named Yuri. Sometimes he is not there so I deal with his brother, Jest. Between the two of them they care take care of every need that I have. I believe that they call themsleves Jaknoff Traders. Be careful there is some else than honest people in this world.
Old 11-27-04, 04:02 PM
Banned

Questions

Just Lurking: That's not the name of the guy that I go to there. You also said the packaging is different, how so? Could you please scan some pictures from what you have. I'd appreciate it.