Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Man from Uncle/Wild Wild West (question)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this has already been discussed somewhere on the board, my apologies for the second thread.
Does anyone know if these two shows are scheduled for release on dvd? I have been unable to locate any information on them. I suspect that the rights are controled by some club, but would like to get a confirmation.
Austin
Old 11-26-04, 09:30 AM

The Wild Wild West tv show from the 60's is available on dvd but only through Columbia House DVD Club. I'm not sure how many episodes/seasons are available so far, but you have to join the club, which means you're committed to a certain number of purchases, etc. Oh, it occurs to me that these dvds also sometimes show-up on ebay. Don't know about The Man From Uncle. You might try looking it up at tvshowsondvd.com. Or maybe the Columbia House Club offers them--they do have Rawhide, Gunsmoke, and a bunch of other classic tv shows on dvd, if you're ok with having to join the club. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-04, 10:50 AM

I tried that web site. No listing for either show. Thanks for the suggestion of ebay. I rather not join the club, I have most of what they offer.
Austin
Old 11-26-04, 03:15 PM

I guess since you don't want to join the club, this is irrelevant, but maybe just for future reference: On the Columbia House site, click in the green lettering on the right that says, "get your favorite tv shows now...", then, on the next screen, click on "DVD Classics" in the upper left corner. When the next screen comes up, Wild Wild West is listed, with a few other shows, under the shows with pictures of the DVD covers, on the bottom right of the screen. (No DVD cover pic for Wild Wild West, though.) If you click on "Wild Wild West", it doesn't tell you anything, except that you've just put that title in your shopping cart. Ebay is probably your best bet, though.
Old 11-26-04, 03:57 PM

Been waiting for season sets for Wild Wild West it seems like forever now. Also, Batman and Addams Family round out my top 3 fav TV shows - none of which have even been hinted at getting DVD releases.
Old 11-26-04, 05:39 PM

The only dvd release of Man from UNCLEthat I know of is the R2 movie set.
Man from UNCLE
Old 11-27-04, 07:10 PM

I have checking ebay. No man from Uncle except for the movie set that was mentioned.
WWW is available, but becareful. Prices are all over the place.
Austin
Old 11-27-04, 08:25 PM

I won't touch em until formal season sets are available everywhere. These are classics that should have been FIRST on the list to get on DVD.
Old 11-28-04, 02:17 PM

I'm not especially interested in whole season sets of Wild Wild West, but I suspect that it'll eventually come out that way. I'm hoping for a Dr Loveless Collection eventually, maybe by seasons, with just those episodes. That's all I'm really interested in.