DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New Classic Disney Shorts series...Chip and Dale here

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-04, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Classic Disney Shorts series...Chip and Dale here

From the digital bits.

The studio will also release a new series of Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites DVDs on 1/11 (SRP $14.99 each). Volume 1: Starring Mickey Mouse will include the shorts Mickey's Circus, Mickey's Garden, The Little Whirlwind, On Ice, Hawaiian Holiday, Moving Day and Orphan's Picnic. Volume 2: Starring Donald Duck will include Inferior Decorator, Don Donald, Golden Eggs, Bee at the Beach, Donald's Dog Laundry, Donald's Vacation, Old MacDonald Duck and 8 Chef Donald. Volume 3: Starring Goofy will include The Art of Skiing, How to Fish, How to Swim, Baggage Buster, How to Dance, Lion Down, The Big Wash, Hold That Pose and Father's Day Off. The last set, Volume 4: Starring Chip 'n Dale, will include Chicken in the Rough, Chip 'n Dale, Out of Scale, Two Chips and a Miss, Food for Feudin', Working for Peanuts, Out on a Limb, Three for Breakfast and Dragon Around.
Old 11-22-04, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woah, Chip 'n Dale, loved those little rascals, hopefully, the Disney dvds will be popular and we get more of these shorts...
Old 11-22-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of old news, but The Digital Bits is rarely on top of things anymore.
Old 11-29-04, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

your right, strange no one had posted on this...even stranger no one seems to care, used to be all kinds of hub bub about chip and dale on this board
Old 11-29-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Cameron
your right, strange no one had posted on this...even stranger no one seems to care, used to be all kinds of hub bub about chip and dale on this board
This thread mentioned these releases. A few people in that thread believe this is the end of the Disney Treasures line.
Old 11-29-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish "Working For Peanuts" would be released in 3-D as shot.

I saw it at the World 3-D Film Expo last year and it was pretty cool to see. They ran a number of 3-D cartoons in between movies.
Old 12-20-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
I wish "Working For Peanuts" would be released in 3-D as shot.

I saw it at the World 3-D Film Expo last year and it was pretty cool to see. They ran a number of 3-D cartoons in between movies.
where do they hold this expo
Old 12-20-04, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't this signals the end of the treasures. Remember I said that shorts would probably be released for the mainstream but the treasures themselves would not be re released? This is an example of Disney making more money from these shorts.

Are the treasures done for? Maybe, maybe not. But this is not an indication of it.

Also, Eisner is leaving in 2006. So hopefully we'll have Song of the South as a treasure for its 60th anniversary.
Old 12-20-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 3-D WORKING FOR PEANUTS was screened at the World 3-D Film Expo in Los Angeles in September of 2003. The films were shown at the Egyptian Theatre.

They also ran Disney's MELODY in 3-D.
Old 12-20-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Class316
I don't this signals the end of the treasures. Remember I said that shorts would probably be released for the mainstream but the treasures themselves would not be re released? This is an example of Disney making more money from these shorts.

Are the treasures done for? Maybe, maybe not. But this is not an indication of it.

Also, Eisner is leaving in 2006. So hopefully we'll have Song of the South as a treasure for its 60th anniversary.
then we all raise our drinks and send em off with a drenken rendition of the mickey mouse club theme....C you real soon...in hell
Old 11-28-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

just a note for you packaging collectors. The number 4 on the spine of the chip and dale release has been changed from blue to yellow to match all the other titles in the line.