Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

All games should have cheat codes and codes to unlock everything

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All games should have cheat codes and codes to unlock everything

OK I'm playing DOAU right now and I want all the costumes god damn it. However you have to beat story mode 137 times to do it that way or you can play survival for hours on end and collect items that people drop when you beat them.

I damn sure don't want to beat the game 137 times and truth be told I just suck at this game and have a hard time getting 50 wins in a row in survival. The most I got was 42 I've only trued it like 3 times. However that was enough times for me being as I'm not into survival modes on fighting games.

I don't feel like learning 800 combos for this game. I just pop in fighting games for a quick 30 min play time. I paid my money gave me everything that is on the game disc damn it.

Also I want no die codes in all types of games I don't feel like learning a level so I can beat it and learning the pattern of a boss so I can kick his ass. I play games for fun not so I can feel good about beating the things.

So the people who want a beat a game fair fine they don't have to use the codes don't change anything about the game just let people use cheats if they would like too.

If I cheat to win I don't care long as I had win with it. I don't think this is to much to ask damn it.

I don't get it if your car is hard to start it's not fun once you get it going and if your PC is acting up it's not funner cause it's harder to use so why is it OK for video games?

Looking at this post all I did was want on a bitch rant nothing to really talk about. OK may as well add to it would you like to see codes in all games and have the option to have everything unlocked? I know some people don't want codes in games even if they don't use them they don't want them in the games.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 11-19-04 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-19-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Problem I have seen with people that cheat with Action Replays is they will blow through the game and then complain the game is too short or too easy.

However, if you want everything unlocked I bet someone has posted a save for it. You can buy one of those Action Replays for the Xbox and download the saves online.
Old 11-19-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a special group of people who believe they deserve something simply because they want it. They are called babies, and you cannot reasonably argue with them.
Old 11-19-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=289621
Old 11-19-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
never was a fan of codes in general. If you pay 50+ bucks for a game, its more satisfying to beat it yourself. having codes is like paying someone 50+ bucks to beat the game for me.
Old 11-19-04, 09:38 AM

Yes, and all movies should have happy endings and all food should taste good by good.

Or developers could decide how to make the games and allow the market to dictate how necessary such a code should be. If you're so adament about games have everything-unlockable codes, only buy games that do it. Then you'll get the kind of games that you want, and use your money to vote.

I'll use my money to vote for what I think games should deliver and, coincidentally, neither of us would buy DOAU.
Old 11-19-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the OP has a point. I don't want a no die code or anything (I never use god modes, cause what is the point really?), but I think there should be unlockable codes when appropriate. There have been a few games over the years when I was just completely stuck and would have liked to see some of the later levels. Only to be used in last resort kind of situations.

THPS for example. I'm not unlocking all of the secret characters, but it's nice to have a code to do so.
Old 11-19-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they should be available. I've given up playing many games (Ninja Gaiden, for example) simply because it felt like I was working when I was playing. Splinter Cell is another example: great game but with two kids and a wife, I don't have 17 hours to constantly replay and finally beat one level.

Maybe a better solution is to just offer a wider degree of difficulty like Halo did. Halo on Easy was truly that, easy. halo on Legendary...that's a different story.
Old 11-19-04, 11:23 AM
RVP

Re: All games should have cheat codes and codes to unlock everything

Originally posted by TOPDAWG

I don't get it if your car is hard to start it's not fun once you get it going and if your PC is acting up it's not funner cause it's harder to use so why is it OK for video games?

I agree with the OP with things like costumes or extras there should be a way to get them without completing ridiculous objectives. Some times it seems like the objectives arre to difficult even for hardcore fans of the game.
Old 11-19-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Hiro11
I think they should be available. I've given up playing many games (Ninja Gaiden, for example) simply because it felt like I was working when I was playing. Splinter Cell is another example: great game but with two kids and a wife, I don't have 17 hours to constantly replay and finally beat one level.
Hear ya. I was having a blast playing "Gunvalkyrie" and after trying 25 times to get through one level I bagged it. I really would have enjoyed trying the future levels, but with no midlevel saves and no cheats (that I'm aware of) it's just not worth it. There are too many games out there and I'll just move on.
Old 11-19-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Yes, I think all games should have some sort of unlock code! For example, I tend to suck at racing games and would not have been able to race with the fastest cars had I not had the code.
Old 11-19-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uh...

You said funner.
Old 11-19-04, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Tarantino
Uh...

You said funner.
You no like how I type with bad grammar? If you think it bad you should see some of me other post in this here forum.