Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HALO 2 clan question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HALO 2 clan question

I've been playing alot of online, but I don't understand what the clan is all about. Can someone explain a little bit of it to me? Do you only fight clan vs. clan? How can a clan have 100 people, but only play 16 at a time? Other questions too, but you get the idea of where I'm coming from.

Thanks,

~steve
Old 11-18-04, 08:56 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well.. its a way for all of us to get together, when people are online.
Having everyone in the clan makes it easier to find people here that you post with online and play games with them. They also show up in Halo 2 friends list in a clan tab, not on your actual friends list. So, that makes it so you don't have to have all the DVDTalk members on your friends list so your list doesn't get huge.

You can play games against other clans, play seperately or play with as many as you can get.
The games so far have been

-Minor Clan matches - 2-4 dvdtalk clan members against 2-4 clan members from another clan
-Major Clan matches - 6-8 dvdtalk clan members against 6-8 clan members from another clan
-Big Team battle - up to 5 dvdtalk clan members + up to 3 random people against up to 8 other people. Its a team based game

You can matchmake with a couple clan members and play against whomever the servers pit you against.
You can get 16 clan members and make your own games, ie team slayer, slayer, CTF, etc.

All 100 people could be online and playing Halo 2 at the same time, though only 16 people can play in a game at the same time.

Hopefully my post made sense.
Old 11-18-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, and yeah, it makes sense. I'll look for you guys online!

~steve
Old 11-18-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Can you join a clan game already in progress or do you have to wait for the "up to 16" people to be waiting around for a game to start?