Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Axis of Justice CD, anyone getting it?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

full of potential, I anticipate buying it just for the quality recording of MJK and Chris Cornell doing "What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding."

1 CD one DVD, retail $18.99

from axisofjustice.com

-----
Recorded at the Avalon in Los Angeles, this concert was one in a series of benefits for Axis of Justice, the non-profit organization founded by Serj and Tom Morello in an effort to bring concerned musicians, fans of music and grassroots political organizations to fight for social justice.

The companion DVD will contain footage of the Palace show as well as some excerpts from past Axis shows which include appearances by artists such as The Coup and Wayne Kramer. Audio excerpts from the Axis of Justice radio show which include interviews with Michael Moore and Janeane Garofalo are also featured on the DVD.

Track Listing:
1. "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2: Flea (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), Tom (Acoustic guitar), Pete Yorn (guitar and vocals), Tim Walker (elect guitar), Serj (vocals), Maynard James Keenan (vocals), Johnny Polonski (keyboards)
2. "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" by Nick Lowe; performed by: Chris Cornell and Maynard James Keena
3. "Alice In My Fantasies" by Funkadelic: Flea (Bass), Brad Wilk (drums), Tom (guitar), Pete Yorn (guitar), Serj (vocals)
4. "Piano Impovisation" by Serj Tankian
5. "Charades" by Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian; performed by Serj Tankian
6. "Until The End" by The Nightwatchman
7. "I Feel Good Again" by Junior Kimbrough; performed by Pete Yorn
8. "Get Up, Stand Up" by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh; performed by Serj Tankian,Tom Morello,Wayne Kramer, Flea, John Dolmayan
9. "Union Song" by The Nightwatchman
10. "Free Jam" performed by Flea, Brad Wilk, Serj Tankian
11. "What's Golden" by Jurassic 5
12. "Freedom" by Jurassic 5
13. "Speak On It" by Knowledge, Serj Tankian
14. "Chimes Of Freedom" by Bob Dylan; performed by: Tom Morello, Serj Tankian, Pete Yorn, Flea, Brad Wilk
15. "Jeffrey Are You Listening?" By Serj Tankian, Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Brian O'Conner
Old 11-16-04, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning on it, but probably not tomorrow. I'm a little short on cash ;(