Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mission Impossoble(tv),Get Smart,Man from UNCLE,Girl from UNCLE?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mission Impossoble(tv),Get Smart,Man from UNCLE,Girl from UNCLE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Mission Impossible(tv),Get Smart,Man from UNCLE ,Girl from UNCLE ?

The 60's seem to be lacking in tv boxsets.I thought that Paramount said that Mission Impossoble was on the drawing board(no news,since then).Get Smart has been talked about time and time here and Paramount has turned upon deaf ears.What about Man or Girl from UNCLE,do these only have a cult following and the interest isn't there?

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 11-15-04 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Interesting! A friend and I were talking about the Mission: Impossible TV series just 2 nights ago, when they showed the first Mission Impossible movie on TV here in Japan! At that time I checked out tvshowsondvd.com and their only news item on it is this:

Mission: Impossible - This news item will self-destruct in 5 seconds
Posted by David Lambert
10/22/2003

As you probably know, TVShowsOnDVD site owner Gord Lacey spent today at the TV DVD Conference in Los Angeles.

During the conference, Paramount had a recorded presentation about their TV-to-DVD properties, and Mission: Impossible was mentioned. There was no release timeframe given (though it may wait until the theatrical bow of Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible 3, projected for a 2005 release). Stay tuned, and we'll have details for you when they become available.

Please notice the date of the release - over a year ago - nothing since then. Yeah, why can't we have Mission: Impossible??
Old 11-15-04, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon Paramount get on the ball! Give us some info on M:I

...and MGM ... how about some info on the UNCLE series

please

ok, pretty please
Old 11-16-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been asking for Mission Impossible for the longest time.
Old 11-16-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can get an UNCLE box set in the UK (or import). It contains 5 of the "movies" edited from the series, including some additional footage not seen on TV.
Old 11-26-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
What about the newer version of Mission Impossible?I never watched it-so I don't know if there is any interest.
Old 11-26-04, 09:07 PM

Man From U.N.C.L.E. is currently showing on Goodlife so if you've got that channel you can at least see syndicated versions.

I'm surprised that A&E hasn't licensed this and released DVDs. They've done similarly themed shows from the same era (Avengers, Saint, etc.). Of course, if U.N.C.L.E. is a Warners property, then A&E is outta luck.

There is a big screen SMART! movie in development so the chance to do a tie in will probably spur Paramount to release at least the first season (I would buy all 5). Paramount does a good job on classic TV releases so I would expect them to get SMART! released at some point.
Old 07-24-05, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any update on Mission Impossible? I just finished the Space:1999 Mega set and it got me thinking about it...
Old 07-25-05, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would assume if it is going to happen it will happen with MI3 in theaters
Old 07-26-05, 04:09 AM

Get Smart due soon......

Get Smart should be released in the next 12 months, There have been comments about a release date of (Oct 2005-May 2006)

So cross your fingers it's closer to Oct 05 then May 06.
Old 07-27-05, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by jezza01
Get Smart should be released in the next 12 months, There have been comments about a release date of (Oct 2005-May 2006)

So cross your fingers it's closer to Oct 05 then May 06.
Thanks. What is your source? This would be great news if it pans out.
Old 07-28-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
One thing I'm worried about with MI is that it ran seven seasons with approx. 170 episodes. Will Paramount be willing to invest the time and money in an older, hour long show with this much product. I hope so. I've been tracking down episodes on tape from this source and that one for years. Only lately been able to complete the first four seasons. And let's pray to God that Paramount owns the theme song outright. Trivia: Did you know that Sam Elliot was a member of the IM Force one season(fifth I think)?
Old 07-28-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait to get the original MI on dvd. I'm patiently waiting. No i didn't know Sam Elliot was a member at all. Good Trivia.
Old 07-28-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
Elliot played a doctor. He was usually giving people shots to fake heart attacks and then revive them and the like.
Old 07-28-05, 03:56 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
regarding "M.I.":
My "source" at Paramount said the following: Seasons 1 & 2 will be released around the same time as M.I. 3 hits theaters, and season 3 will be released when the movie hits home video.
Old 07-29-05, 02:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the 2 LD box sets and have been watching them after work.

Boy, talk about dated, but loads of fun to watch.

James Bond sure did cause T.V to churn out some fun secret agent series, i.e. "Wild, Wild West, Get Smart, etc."
Old 08-01-05, 11:59 AM

Mission Impossible (1980's style)

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
What about the newer version of Mission Impossible?I never watched it-so I don't know if there is any interest.
I saw ithe 80s M:I series back when it first aired. I really enjoyed season 1. IIRC the early episodes were remakes of episodes from the original show. The show started up during a writers strike in Hollywood. Apparently, making a show with recycled scripts got around the strike.

The show went downhill in Season 2. I think I even stopped watching before it was cancelled.

I taped most of the shows of season 1 and rewatched it from time to time for a few years. But I haven't seen it for 15+ years now. I don't know how well it has aged. Not sure if I'd buy it on DVD.
Old 08-01-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
regarding "M.I.":
My "source" at Paramount said the following: Seasons 1 & 2 will be released around the same time as M.I. 3 hits theaters, and season 3 will be released when the movie hits home video.

Best news i've heard. I hope your sources are correct, i can't wait. As for the 80's version, i also enjoyed them. I have all the 80's version on VHS and enjoy looking at them often.
Old 08-01-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
regarding "M.I.":
This is great news regarding the original Mission Impossible. As far as the theatrical release of M.I. 3, I couldn't care less about it.