Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Season 1" coming to DVD?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-12-04, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2448

The folks at The Digital Bits website posted yesterday to their Rumor Mill section a long list of Paramount titles that they said would arrive in the first half of 2005. They state that they "(got the)...information from both industry and retail sources. I want to emphasize that this is very tentative and is absolutely subject to change. Also none of the dates you're about to see are officially announced."

One of the titles they listed was The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Season 1, which their info showed would be out on May 14, 2005. Yes, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, who's motto is "Where more Americans get their news than probably should". This hilarious series would be a welcome addition to store shelves!

However, we'll re-emphasize that this is a rumor, not from the studio, and could be subject to change. But we DO know from the studio that this title is definitely coming, and info of this sort at The Digital Bits' Rumor Mill, in our experience, turns out to be correct most of the time. A day after The Digital Bits posted this info to their Rumor Mill section, they have now removed it from their list along with several films from the same release timeframe. However, Pandora's Box is already open, and other DVD news websites (such as IGN) are now reporting this as well, so we want to be fair to our readers and let them know what The Digital Bits had said. Kudos to them for digging it up in the first place. Stay tuned for the official announcement, just as soon as Paramount makes it!
Awesome.
Old 11-12-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds awesome... but i would also welcome craig kilborns season as well
Old 11-12-04, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by raven56706
sounds awesome... but i would also welcome craig kilborns season as well
He hosted for 3 seasons, actually.
Old 11-12-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Given that this is a four-day-a-week show (with some days, and often full weeks off), and many of the segments are closely tied to that day's news, I think I'd actually prefer a "best of" set for The Daily Show. Typically I prefer season sets, but I think a season set would be overkill for this show.

Also, I don't really care for the Craig Kilborn era. It was too much like a long version of SNL's "Weekend Update" back then. I prefer the current incarnation, which is much more political. I'd only get Jon Stewart sets. But that's just me.
Old 11-12-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

good stuff! can't wait!
Old 11-12-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 179 Posts
This has got to be a "Best of". There's simply way too many episodes to realistically release them all, not to mention that much of the topical humor won't be as funny out of the original context.
Old 11-12-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ What he said.
Old 11-12-04, 11:21 AM

It must be a best of. I agree here..
Old 11-12-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's kind of obvious that it would be a best of. A lot of their shows use older pieces as filler. Most of the dvd will be the same stuff that's on the website, I'd imagine.
Old 11-12-04, 11:28 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Walter Neff
Given that this is a four-day-a-week show (with some days, and often full weeks off), and many of the segments are closely tied to that day's news, I think I'd actually prefer a "best of" set for The Daily Show. Typically I prefer season sets, but I think a season set would be overkill for this show.

Also, I don't really care for the Craig Kilborn era. It was too much like a long version of SNL's "Weekend Update" back then. I prefer the current incarnation, which is much more political. I'd only get Jon Stewart sets. But that's just me.
Agreed on all counts.
Old 11-12-04, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Walter Neff
Yeah, I'm wondering exactly how they're going to do this. Will they have the scrolling date graphic for a particular day followed by the Jon at the anchor desk and the stories filed by the “field” reporters? Even within new episodes, they sometimes re-run the field reports since they don’t have enough content to fill the entire half hour.

Also, how the inclusion of interviews going to be affected? Actors doing their promotion tours may not want the inclusion, but the political interviews may be more relevant. It makes me wonder if there are going to be season sets of the late night talk shows. I read at one time Johnny Carson sold individual episodes of the Tonight Show to viewers who requested them, but quickly stopped the practice due to the buyers selling pirated tapes.
Old 11-12-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I prefer season sets, not best ofs, and definately loved the Kilborn years much more then the Stewart ones, but that is just me.
Old 11-12-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best of? Damn! I guess that means they probably won't include all those great interviews with Madeline Albright?
Old 11-12-04, 11:41 AM

i'd love to get the kilborn episodes on dvd, but i'll pass on the jon stewart ones.
Old 11-12-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd just be happy with all Lewis Black's "Back in Black" segments.
Old 11-12-04, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by pinata242
I'd just be happy with all Lewis Black's "Back in Black" segments.

No way this can be the whole season. It would be a huge set. They could cut out the interviews for all I care and just put in all the news stuff.
Old 11-12-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
When is "ABC World News Tonight -- The Complete 2003 Season" coming out?
Old 11-12-04, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
When is "ABC World News Tonight -- The Complete 2003 Season" coming out?
What bout a dvd of CNN news?
Old 11-12-04, 07:32 PM

Soon in stores next, Jeopardy!: The Complete Ken Jennings.

Later.

RJS
Old 11-12-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would buy a complete, comprehensive collection of the funny special reports they do, but the day to day news items and all the interviews? I would want those on a pure case by case basis.
Old 11-12-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still waiting for this:

Old 11-13-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts
Not to say that I don't like The Daily Show, but I just don't see the replay value in this one, mainly because, as has been stated, it is so reliant on today's news. I'm sure I will probably Netflix it, just can't see myself buying it.
Old 11-13-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I never really thought this would happen. If it did, I would be all over it. I love my Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Old 11-13-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
The Daily Show doesn't even really have "seasons," does it? Not like there's a season premiere each year or anything, and it runs year-round. Wonder if this report is bogus somehow. More likely it's a best of as others have said.
Old 11-14-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
The Daily Show doesn't even really have "seasons," does it? Not like there's a season premiere each year or anything, and it runs year-round. Wonder if this report is bogus somehow. More likely it's a best of as others have said.
All shows have seasons. Some that run all year long, like Jeopardy, are only noticed when somebody like Ken Jennings carries over to a next season and gains publicity for it. But for the most part, they don't have season finales and premiers like regular shows.

And tvtome.com lists the different season episodes for the Daily Show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.