Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 09:50 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The One & Only Halo 2 Gameplay/Tips/Help Discussion Thread

Old 11-09-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry that this doesn't have to do with the gameplay, but...

Does anyone know if I can take a LAN party and go Live with it? This Friday I plan on having 3 XBoxes connected with a hub and was wondering if I can bring all 3 of them live to play some friends who can't make it.
Old 11-09-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by rabbit77
Sorry that this doesn't have to do with the gameplay, but...

Does anyone know if I can take a LAN party and go Live with it? This Friday I plan on having 3 XBoxes connected with a hub and was wondering if I can bring all 3 of them live to play some friends who can't make it.
Couldn't you just hook them all up to a router and take each one on Live with their own Live account? Even if they were in the same room, you'd all be playing over Live.
Old 11-09-04, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Yeah, I'm curous if this is doable. If 3 accounts went live on the same router, then is there enough bandwidth to do this? Or is the bandwidth amount the same.

What would be interesting, like Rabbit inquired, would be have 3 or 4 xbox's networked in a home, and then take them all live under 1 account to play LIVE with other friends that are not in the same location. I would love to be able to pull that off.

SPY
Old 11-09-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Doubt you'd be able to just use one Live account... they do want to sell as many Live subscriptions as possible, right? Still, anyone know for sure?
Old 11-09-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm' pretty sure that you'll need one live account per xbox.
Old 11-09-04, 05:13 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by goLUCKY
I'm' pretty sure that you'll need one live account per xbox.
Any idea if 4 people playing on 1 Xbox can get online with 1 Live account?
Old 11-09-04, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by trigun
Any idea if 4 people playing on 1 Xbox can get online with 1 Live account?
I'm just about positive you can do this. There were tons of people last night with the same gamer tag with a suffix behind it. Like Killer, Killer I, Killer II
Old 11-10-04, 12:03 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
You can do it, but only three people. That's maximum number that can share one Live account. They are called 'guests', and you can't play ranked games with them. But you can all three be on Live with one account. Pretty sweet feature.

X
Old 11-10-04, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
Played coop with a friend last night and we got stuck on 1st level where:
Spoiler:

...you encounter those giant mosquitoes. After killing those, you go down a wide steep ramp and kill the bad guys below but the door at the end won't open. In that area there are two pedestal type things with a screen showing a flashing red hand but these didn't seem to do anything. We went around in circles for 30 min. and never found a way out of there. Any tips?
Old 11-10-04, 02:55 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by eXcentris
Played coop with a friend last night and we got stuck on 1st level where:
Spoiler:

...you encounter those giant mosquitoes. After killing those, you go down a wide steep ramp and kill the bad guys below but the door at the end won't open. In that area there are two pedestal type things with a screen showing a flashing red hand but these didn't seem to do anything. We went around in circles for 30 min. and never found a way out of there. Any tips?
Spoiler:
Don't you have to ride the giant lift on the ramp down to the door? I think the lift has to be at the bottom to get the door to open.
Old 11-10-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally posted by Flay
Spoiler:
Don't you have to ride the giant lift on the ramp down to the door? I think the lift has to be at the bottom to get the door to open.
Spoiler:

Ok, the ramp was already completely down so we had to go down on foot. That might be it, maybe we spent too much time killing those giant mosquitoes and looking around afterwards. Maybe you have to make a run for that ramp when it starts going down.
Old 11-10-04, 04:23 PM

I just played for the first time last night, after getting royally Pwned by the bigger enemies with the laser rifles (not sure of names) I've found that when dual weilding it's most effective to use a laser rifle and pistol, charge the pistol up to knock out their shields while hammering em with the laser rifle.

I'm a noob BTW, anyone else having a hard time transitioning to the funky left hand right hand controls? I miss ducking and jumping more often.
Old 11-10-04, 04:33 PM

I just wish Co-op was on LIVE!!!!!!
Old 11-10-04, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by bothanspy
Yeah, I'm curous if this is doable. If 3 accounts went live on the same router, then is there enough bandwidth to do this? Or is the bandwidth amount the same.
I have some friends that had 3 live accounts all playing on the same router. They had no problems at all. Later in the night they had 5 people playing on the same router (2 xboxes) , they didn't have a problem at all.
Old 11-10-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On a DSL/cable connection?

Not too shabby.
Old 11-10-04, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by BigDave
On a DSL/cable connection?

Not too shabby.
They were playing on a cable connection. I don't remember what our up/down speeds are though off the top of my head.
Old 11-11-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Anyone have the level names/listing?
Spoiler:
I'm playing as the Arbiter for the second time
And am wondering how much farther I have to go. Since it's only taken me about 4 hours to get here I'm wondering how much farther I've got (especially since many are complaining about the games length).

I know when I look at my level select screen there are 11 listings to choose from, but the first looks to be the opening movie so does that mean I'm on the 10th level already?
Old 11-11-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Can anyone look into these questions???

If someone has figured out how to work the Xbox live
system for Halo 2, please let me know. We're having
big problems...

1) We don't know how to create a game with a few of us
in a party and then open it up to the public.

2) We don't know how to form a party and then join a
slayer game. We can only figure out how to get into
team games, and even then we seem to have no control
over the type of game we are put into.
Old 11-11-04, 01:30 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll post more when I am home and can sit in front of Halo 2.

If you are using opitmatch, or matched gaming, your party will be matched up with a number of other players and the game play is varied each time it seems.
You can create your own custome games and specify the exact type you want to play.

I think that covers #1 as well. if You create a custom, unranked game, anyone can join in if they select it from the game list screen.

Not sure if that makes sense or not. The game creating/joining is a bit different then any other game out currently.
Old 11-11-04, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by SmackDaddy
Anyone have the level names/listing?
Spoiler:
I'm playing as the Arbiter for the second time
And am wondering how much farther I have to go. Since it's only taken me about 4 hours to get here I'm wondering how much farther I've got (especially since many are complaining about the games length).

I know when I look at my level select screen there are 11 listings to choose from, but the first looks to be the opening movie so does that mean I'm on the 10th level already?
15 levels....that's counting the first level. You're almost done pal!
Old 11-11-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Wow!! I hoped that was not the case...it took me a lot longer to finish Halo. It seems the pace of the game tends to drive you forward. In Halo there were breaks in the action where you could wander around and explore, not so much in Halo 2.

I guess I'll have to run through it again on Heroic or Legendary (I'm playing on normal which seems a bit too easy).

This really does bite since I don't have Live (I have no broadband available in my area) and LAN parties are few and far between.
Old 11-11-04, 07:41 PM

Halo 2: What's your best weapon combination?

I've been having lots of luck dual-wielding a Brute's plasma rifle and an Elite's plasma rifle while having the Marine's shotgun in reserve for those "close-encounters".

Plasma rifles I use for long range.
The reason I like the two different plasma rifles (one is the red one while the other is blue) is because they actually have different firing rates. You can squeeze both triggers simultaneously and what ends up happening is you'll overheat with the red plasma rifle first while the blue is still firing away. Once the red cools down, the blue overheats so you only have a short period between without firing.

Picking a short-range/melee weapon was almost a tie between the plasma sword and the Marine's shotgun. I end up using the shotgun more because it seems to be just as devestating up close like the sword but does not "rush" you forward which can sometimes disorient you (point of view out of wack) in a heated battle.
Old 11-12-04, 11:05 AM
Cool New Member

Can someone tell me if and where there are BOTS in multi-player, not on XBOX LIVE. Dont have live so I need some multi-player action when no ones is around to play with...
Old 11-12-04, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by sambo777
Can someone tell me if and where there are BOTS in multi-player, not on XBOX LIVE. Dont have live so I need some multi-player action when no ones is around to play with...
NO BOTS

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.