Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Cold Case - Season Two Discussion ('04-'05)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Cold Case - Season Two Discussion ('04-'05)

Old 10-03-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
"Cold Case" Premiere, Oct 3, 2004

Remember it premieres new season tonight
Cold Case
CBS Oct 03 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
Series/Drama, 60 Mins.
"Factory Girls"
Spoiler:
A reunion of World War II factory workers stirs up memories of a mysterious death, and a friend of the deceased begs Lilly to investigate the killing.

Cast: Kathryn Morris, John Finn, Jeremy Ratchford, Thom Barry, Danny Pino, Michele Hicks, Chad Morgan, Jenna Fischer, Shirley Knight, Stacey Scowley, Anne Bellamy, Lois Smith, John Marzilli, Rance Howard, Lukas Behnken, Myndy Crist, Joseph Campanella, Ian Bohen, Tony Cicchetti, Curt Lowens.
Old 10-03-04, 11:02 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Hopefully this will start at the scheduled time and not get pushed back because of football. I'm not betting on it though.
Old 10-03-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I may just have to record this on tape (*gasp*) if I have something to be recorded in the next hour timeslot on my ReplayTV.
Old 10-03-04, 03:25 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
I still have the last two or three episodes from last season on my Tivo, but have not watched them. Do I need to? Can I simply watch tonight, which will be my preference?

With that in mind, does anybody want to give a brief recap of last season's end?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The cases pretty much stand alone. To be honest, I don't remember anything from last episode that you need to know. Tentative relationship with boyfriend bombed but I think that was a few episodes earlier.
Old 10-03-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crap, I forgot about how this show always gets delayed because of Football. I'll need to record it on my bedroom DirecTivo with an hour padding since I already have both tuners occupied at 9:00 with Desperate Housewives and Jack & Bobby.
Old 10-03-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrX
Hopefully this will start at the scheduled time and not get pushed back because of football. I'm not betting on it though.
Football is running well over with 7 minutes to play. CBS will probably be a half hour behind. With 2 things to watch at 9, this leaves me backed up. Guess I'll record L&O:CI, and catch repeat of Desperate Housewifes, Saturday at 10:00 PM (or record it then)
Old 10-03-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It started 30 minutes late apparently. I recorded it, but guess I only got the first half hour. So no point in really watching it. This crap happened almost weekly last year too.

CBS needs to just put some kind of filler show in at 7pm that doesn't need to run for a full hour so the rest of the sunday schedule doesn't get thrown out of whack.

Last edited by Jeraden; 10-03-04 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-03-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The episode they aired beared no resemblance to the description listed here and on my Tivo. I only watched the first half hour; I'll have to watch the rest when I'm upstairs.

From what I saw, the episode is kind of "meh". The murder took place a whole YEAR ago (9/27/2003) so it was kind of funny how they were still doing the flashback thing on all the characters as they talked. Oh, gee, is that what person looked like last year? Thankfully they were able to cast actors who really pulled it off, the resemblance was uncanny.

And the music they chose just really fit, last fall just came rushing back to me.
Old 10-04-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jadzia
The episode they aired beared no resemblance to the description listed here and on my Tivo. I only watched the first half hour; I'll have to watch the rest when I'm upstairs.

I finally watched my tape. You are right; it was nothing like the TV Guide description. However, it was what they promo'd all week, the promos showed the court scene where they concluded they had wrong person. So it was what they intended to show, and the tv guide had it wrong.

Has Lily run out of old Cold Cases? This was her last case as regular detective before she took Cold Case assignment.
Old 10-04-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this was more like a Lukewarm Case.
Old 10-04-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought at least the first half was very good (I didn't catch the second half as Cold Case ran into my ReplayTV recording of Desperate Housewives and I only have on receiver ).

I'll have to catch this in rerun as I enjoyed it up until Replay changed channels. I couldn't imagine turning on the VCR at this point.
Old 10-04-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can anyone recap the end? didn't realize it was only a partial until the tivo cut out with about 20 minutes to go
Old 10-04-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The brother/military guy did it. He was high on drugs. He came in while his brother was closing up, and started taking money from the till. The owner came out front and the guy shot him. Then the woman came out and he shot her, but she was still alive. The kid wanted to call for an ambulance to help her, but instead the brother made him drag them into the bathroom. The kid was crying that the couple was his "family" and the drugged out brother got mad and slit the woman's throat. The kid didn't think his own brother would shoot him and was going to call the cops. The brother murdered him but I guess felt so bad that he got clean and joined the military.

At the end, the couple's daughter re-opened the restaurant.
Old 10-25-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cold Case 10/24

All around a pretty good episode (maybe I'm just a sucker for Johnny Cash music)...

Atypical in that there was no murderer to slap the cuffs on at the end of the episode, although they were cuffing the warden. For abusing the inmates, I guess. I'm not certain if that's realistic. I doubt that he'd be arrested for anything that happened back in '65. Fired, maybe.
Old 10-25-04, 11:40 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was good too.

Who was that getting on the motorcycle at the end when Lily was looking out the window?
Old 10-25-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Who was that getting on the motorcycle at the end when Lily was looking out the window?
I think it was just a generic "happy couple" to illustrate that she still just has her cats.
Old 10-25-04, 01:48 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

pretty good episode, she is so cute
Old 11-08-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cold Case 11/07/04

I am enjoying this show less and less, as the whole investigation seems to follow the same pattern every week, with Rush and co interviewing the same witnesses over and over again, each time learning a new detail that pushes them back to other suspects that they have already dealt with. Getting old pretty fast, IMO. However.....

....the last minute or two when they are leading away the suspect with the music playing in the background always gets me, so I will probably keep watching it just for that.

As for the case, how did the girl end up with the markings on her? I am assuming that the girls did it, but I must have missed the part. Can someone explain?
Old 11-08-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as for the the 'new' victim, the brother of one of the sisters did the markings (he killed the 'new' victim)

as for the little girl who was killed, the trio were 'having fun' with her and drew the markings on her (calling them her fat parts or whatever) ..the brother saw the markings on her, and the 'new' victim reminded (he thought it was her, whatever) him of the little girl so he duplicated the markings

(and him saying 'it was my first time' over and over, he was referring to the first time (only?) he ever kissed a girl, that being the younger one who's case was "cold")

I like this show, it's not my favorite, but I still tune in ..the football delay pisses me off to no end..it's not the best, but i've definately seen worse.
Old 11-14-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I figured that with the lack of responses in this thread, there is no need to post a new one for tonight's episode.

I saw the episode last night. Surprised to see Jay Karnes from The Shield guesting. Won't post anything too specific beyond saying I thought that it was pretty obvious who the murderer was.
Old 11-15-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I figured that with the lack of responses in this thread, there is no need to post a new one for tonight's episode.

I saw the episode last night. Surprised to see Jay Karnes from The Shield guesting. Won't post anything too specific beyond saying I thought that it was pretty obvious who the murderer was.
Vic Mackey was right. Dutch-boy is gay.
Old 11-15-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Cold Case 11/07/04

Originally posted by movieking
I am enjoying this show less and less, as the whole investigation seems to follow the same pattern every week, with Rush and co interviewing the same witnesses over and over again, each time learning a new detail that pushes them back to other suspects that they have already dealt with. Getting old pretty fast, IMO. However.....

....the last minute or two when they are leading away the suspect with the music playing in the background always gets me, so I will probably keep watching it just for that.
I can't disagree about the formulaic nature of this show but every once in awhile a repetitive formula show works (Columbo comes to mind). I know the program isn't realistic but it almost always comes up with a compelling case and there's something extremely satisfying about justice being done even if (maybe especially if) it's after many years.

I love the ending sequences also.
Old 11-15-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I wish that once in awhile they actually found evidence to catch the killer. Usually they just go to killer at the end and accuse them, and the killer breaks down and confesses.

You would think with all the technology and DNA they might occasionally use old evidence to crack the case.

I do like the show, though. I would just like to see them mix it up a bit.
Old 11-15-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jadzia, as a mod, can you change the title of this thread to reflect it being for the full season, like LAX? It is probably better, since there is not much discussion.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.