Reload this Page >

The Apprentice - 10/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 10/21

Old 10-21-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The Apprentice - 10/21

Let's get this party going for the best reality show on TV.

Three things:

1) There's a corporate shuffle tonight

2) It's got something to do with dogs

3) John was fired last week, Maria's got immunity, and let's see what happens THIS week.

(Cue "For the love of money" by the O-Jays...)
Old 10-21-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to say, I wasn't sorry to see Stacey go. She reminds me of every spoiled psuedo-sorority girl I met in college.
Old 10-21-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She was annoying, but I did think she had a really good idea with the photographs. I think Wes was being a bit unreasonable in refusing to entertain the idea. Sure, he went in to look at costumes, but you could tell he had no intention of actually pursuing it.
Old 10-21-04, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there was any way they could make a profit doing it for just one day. They would have had to buy all the outfits AND the camera and film. I think it was obvious that Wes did not lead well. I'm not surprised Stacey got fired. She was all talk and no work.
Old 10-21-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good, now Stacey can go back to her old job of scaring children underneath bridges. I hate the little troll.
Old 10-21-04, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
Good, now Stacey can go back to her old job of scaring children underneath bridges. I hate the little troll.
Ouch.

The challenge itself this week was a little lackluster. It seemed like Trump/Burnett and co. had something else lined up, but it fell through at the last minute, so they had them do this instead. Opening a resturaunt, designing toys, creating a fashion line, launching a product & washing dogs. Which one of these doesn't belong? Not that it wasn't fun to watch mind you.

I like how they had Carolyn give her take of how things were going as it was happening, instead of her just pacing around looking stern. I wish they would do more of that.
Old 10-21-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
http://www.stacyrotner.com/
Old 10-21-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
http://www.stacyrotner.com/
Oh. My. God.

The "Feistiness Counts" seminar? Riiiiight.
Old 10-21-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm sure this has been discussed in previous threads...but why can't they make Trump's voiceovers sound more real? It's absolutely horrible and they use this disembodied voice over and over again.

Ding dong...the witch is dead (or gnome as I've been calling her)...
Old 10-21-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"The last thing dogs want to know is that they are helping cats"

Other than that line I was underwhelmed with the show. I can agree with Stacy getting the boot and wouldn't be suprised to see Andy the next one gone from the team.
Old 10-21-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

• Dating Lessons Learned from the Apprentice
Ha!
Old 10-22-04, 12:07 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wasn't impressed with this episode. I'm not really into the 'small' type tasks, especially one as limiting as this one. I had started off liking Stacy, but she's progressively got on my nerves each episode. Losing the phone was careless, but I'm not sure it's the type of mistake that warrants a potential firing. In reality, it didn't hurt their team.

I agree about the disembodied voice thing. It sounds so flat and obviously not from the same footage. What makes it worse it that it usually happens as Trump is making some grand, eloquently stated remark... which jus ends up sounding forced. I would prefer to hear his natural, off-the-cuff comments, even if they aren't as 'quoteworthy'.
Old 10-22-04, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this was definitely the most boring episode of the season. The only interesting part was the corporate shuffle.

It was interesting seeing the PM's get rid of the 3 ppl that they didn't want.

I could see why Jen M. got rid of Maria and Stacy, but I was kind of surprised to see her get rid of Sandy. I thought fo sure that she would get rid of Elizabeth since everyone says that she overanalyzes stuff.

I was surprised that Wes kept Andy. Although he kept talking him up, he still brought him into the boardroom. I think he should've kept Kevin instead.

I was happy to see the lil lawyer Troll Stacy go. Her voice was annoying and as a lawyer she definitely talked way too much.
Old 10-22-04, 12:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Stacy was hot. And you can do a lot of things with small chicks.
Old 10-22-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trelach24
Stacy was hot. And you can do a lot of things with small chicks.

she looked like she was 13
Old 10-22-04, 01:17 AM

i think jenn kept elizabeth since they were pretty chummy when the heat was on elizabeth as project manager.
Old 10-22-04, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by Dabaomb
I was surprised that Wes kept Andy. Although he kept talking him up, he still brought him into the boardroom. I think he should've kept Kevin instead.
Old 10-22-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kind of a dull episode.

Bye bye Lil' Stacy
Old 10-22-04, 08:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
After the new teams were picked, I turned to my wife and said "Apex has the stronger team by far" and she agreed.

I couldn't believe that Wes gave away Raj FIRST. And then he gave away Kevin too? What a bonehead.
Old 10-22-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
WOW!! did you see that shot of stacy after they lost the challange and were sitting on the balcony?

I wish I could take a screen shot - she looked just like Mr. Burns!

Talk about the villian edit!
Old 10-22-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
No surprise here. I liked this competition more than the fashion designing and restaurant ones though, which basically came down to 3rd parties and how good they were.
Old 10-22-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
After the new teams were picked, I turned to my wife and said "Apex has the stronger team by far" and she agreed.

I couldn't believe that Wes gave away Raj FIRST. And then he gave away Kevin too? What a bonehead.
It was either Kevin or Kelly: he couldn't keep both and stay in the game. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to Wes, but I think he may have let go of Kevin in order to remove some of the "golden boy" halo the guy may have started to project if anybody noticed how good he is. By saying "I don't need Kev and I'm giving him away", he stops the situation from turning into a whole "Amy - Part II" scenario.
Old 10-22-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm personally very disappointed that Stacy was fired last night. I think it would've been a whole lot of fun to see her completely melt down as a PM. Oh well.

Am I the only one curious to know what "dating lessons" she learned on the Apprentice?
Old 10-22-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love Andy's line about just wanting to eat his taco

Ok episode. I actually thought Apex was going to get bogged down by Raj and Elizabeth doing a lot of talking but it seemed like (at least from the editing ) that there wasn't as much of that this time.
Old 10-22-04, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Blaming a team member for not taking responsibility? how about asking the project leader taking responsibility? Wes didn't take any more responsibility than lil Stacy.

She maybe annoying, but Trump simply just made a decision based on his emotion rather than facts. That is not a good leader quality either!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.