Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ALCS to bump programming??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALCS to bump programming??

Last year when the ALCS was the Yankees vs. Red Sox, I remember a bunch of Thursday shows got bumped (I think friends was switched with a rerun at the last minute and coupling was replaced with a rerun of whoopi, or something like that).

With the Sox stretching the series out to game 7 tonight, will other networks alter programming again? Will Lost compete with game7 of a Sox/Yankees ALCS?
Old 10-20-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would hope they'd have enough sense to run from this game. Hell, I thought they'd run from last night's game. This is building to be one of the greatest series in baseball history; bring on the Whoopi repeats!

das
Old 10-20-04, 09:18 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I bet the competing shows get bumped tonight.
Old 10-20-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope not. I hate this time of year for precisely this reason. Baseball can suck it.
Old 10-20-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
It would be nice if the programming got bumped since my DVR can only accomplish two things at a time. If the networks are making a change they haven't said a peep about it yet.
Old 10-20-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris
If the networks are making a change they haven't said a peep about it yet.

I'm checking zap2it and thefutoncritic periodically to see if there will be any bumping.

Last edited by Red Dog; 10-20-04 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by TracerBullet
I hope not. I hate this time of year for precisely this reason. Baseball can suck it.

I'm sure there's about 50 million fans that would disagree.
Old 10-20-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Red Dog •

I'm checking zap2it and thefutoncritic periodically to see if there will be any bumping.
Did you see Zap2it this morning when they had a bunch of news items for March on the front page? For a moment, it read like Wonderfalls was returning to Fox. However, when I saw that pink-haired Amy had been booted from American Idol last night, I knew something was up.

das
Old 10-20-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by das Monkey
Did you see Zap2it this morning when they had a bunch of news items for March on the front page? For a moment, it read like Wonderfalls was returning to Fox. However, when I saw that pink-haired Amy had been booted from American Idol last night, I knew something was up.

das

I did see that - I thought maybe I was a player in the Temporal Cold War. Then I went to futon, and I was suddenly back in the present.
Old 10-20-04, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I don't watch anything on NBC on Wednesdays, nor on CBS (well, except CSI:NY - but only if I'm folding clothes), so I only would wonder about "Lost" on ABC. I'm pretty sure the WB will show "Smallville" and "The Mountain", and UPN will show "Kevin Hill", so I'm good.
Old 10-20-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CBS shows bumped tonight - http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...gi?action=home
Old 10-20-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Sweet, now I don't have any DVR issues since CSI:NY has been bumped.
Old 10-20-04, 05:51 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
oh well csi:ny sucks anyway
Old 10-20-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was hoping the NBC stuff would get bumped. It's a crowded night. Lost, Smallville, West Wing Finale and Premiere, and the ALCS. Maybe its an omen to not give The West Wing one more chance.
Old 10-20-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i won't be watching lost even if it is on. this game is #1 on the priority list.
Old 10-20-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Deftones, Esq

and I'm sure there is just as more of those who dislike it that disagree. Doesn't make his opinion worthless. I personally hated it when Futurama was pre-empted because of Fox's NFL coverage.

In saying that, it looks like some stations are working around it. ABC will re-air tonights LOST on saturday.
Old 10-20-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hate sports. Lots of other people do, too.
Old 10-20-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
and I'm sure there is just as more of those who dislike it that disagree. Doesn't make his opinion worthless. I personally hated it when Futurama was pre-empted because of Fox's NFL coverage.

In saying that, it looks like some stations are working around it. ABC will re-air tonights LOST on saturday.
Post again when you see the overnights for this game.

Originally posted by TracerBullet

I hate sports. Lots of other people do, too.
I am not saying there isn't. But when you see the overnights for the Yankee/Sox game, you'll understand why all networks preempted their regular programming.
Old 10-21-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Post again when you see the overnights for this game.

I am not saying there isn't. But when you see the overnights for the Yankee/Sox game, you'll understand why all networks preempted their regular programming.
Yeah... but not all of them did. I watched Lost tonight at its regular time.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 10-21-04 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-21-04, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or at least all the Networks except the WB and NBC and ABC (and possibly even UPN, I didn't pay any attention to them).

With another Game 7 tonight, will we be seeing CBS pre-empt again?
Old 10-21-04, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

funny, ABC showed it's brand new episode of LOST with no problem and considering the shows ratings, I'm sure those die hard fans took the hour off to see it. WB also offered up a brand new episode of Smallville with the flash as part of it. I'm not sure what NBC did and from what I recall, only CBS decided not to show it's regular programing. But considering that is the only station that I know of NOT showing it's programing because of sports, I think it's safe to say that the other networks felt confident enough with their program to show up.

I don't think the world stopped for the ever so important sox/yankee game. The overnight ratings for the sox/yankee game are bound to be strong, it would be stupid to say it wont. Game 6 brought in something around an 18.3 household rating. That is strong figures. The strongest figures for a nondecisive League Championship Series game in 13 years. But you have to factor in that this is because it's the Yankees vs the Red Sox. You have a lot of blood and history behind it and the way you make it out to sound, everyone loves baseball is silly. No, everyone loves a fued. You really have to be crazy to think that there is a blanket love for baseball across the U.S. or atleast not be able to admit that there is a large group that dislikes or couldn't give a shit about the game or baseball in general.

That's TracerBullet's point. That even though there is a large crowd that loves the sport, there is an equal number of those who dislike the sport and they have a just opinion to not enjoy this time of year because fox puts Baseball on over regular schedule programing. That is there opinion. You can all you want, it wont make you right when it's someone's Opinion.

I doubt that the Card/Astro game 7 will cause any worry. The whole point of why the yank/sox game was so big was because the sox have that curse over its head and they forced a game 7 when they started out 3-0 against the yankees. Hell, even the folks in the sports thread don't care about the Card/Astros game enough with the ranging comments they made about not posting in the days MLB thread. I'm confident that CBS will be showing new Survivor and CSI.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-21-04 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-21-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

I noticed that CBS chickened out at the last second.

I'll never understand why people get upset about this. It is one or days where programming gets bumped. There are a fixed number of episodes for every series so it is not like you are actually missing something. This is different situation than how FOX mishandled Futurama.
Old 10-21-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

funny, ABC showed it's brand new episode of LOST with no problem and considering the shows ratings, I'm sure those die hard fans took the hour off to see it.
Well, they are also showing an encore on Saturday night, so I figure they can make up some of the rating loss then.

When will King of Queens season premeire air???
Old 10-21-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

funny, ABC showed it's brand new episode of LOST with no problem and considering the shows ratings, I'm sure those die hard fans took the hour off to see it. WB also offered up a brand new episode of Smallville with the flash as part of it. I'm not sure what NBC did and from what I recall, only CBS decided not to show it's regular programing. But considering that is the only station that I know of NOT showing it's programing because of sports, I think it's safe to say that the other networks felt confident enough with their program to show up.

I don't think the world stopped for the ever so important sox/yankee game. The overnight ratings for the sox/yankee game are bound to be strong, it would be stupid to say it wont. Game 6 brought in something around an 18.3 household rating. That is strong figures. The strongest figures for a nondecisive League Championship Series game in 13 years. But you have to factor in that this is because it's the Yankees vs the Red Sox. You have a lot of blood and history behind it and the way you make it out to sound, everyone loves baseball is silly. No, everyone loves a fued. You really have to be crazy to think that there is a blanket love for baseball across the U.S. or atleast not be able to admit that there is a large group that dislikes or couldn't give a shit about the game or baseball in general.

That's TracerBullet's point. That even though there is a large crowd that loves the sport, there is an equal number of those who dislike the sport and they have a just opinion to not enjoy this time of year because fox puts Baseball on over regular schedule programing. That is there opinion. You can all you want, it wont make you right when it's someone's Opinion.

I doubt that the Card/Astro game 7 will cause any worry. The whole point of why the yank/sox game was so big was because the sox have that curse over its head and they forced a game 7 when they started out 3-0 against the yankees. Hell, even the folks in the sports thread don't care about the Card/Astros game enough with the ranging comments they made about not posting in the days MLB thread. I'm confident that CBS will be showing new Survivor and CSI.
Thanks for proving my point.
Old 10-21-04, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for proving my point.
Your points seems to be that baseball trumps all... when that clearly isn't the case. Only CBS preempted their regular programming because another network was showing a silly baseball game that only about 10% of the population cares about.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.