Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where to buy Korean R3 Twin Peaks Season 1 DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-13-04, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy the R3 Korean version of Twin Peaks Season One. What is the best site to get it? Thank you!
Old 10-14-04, 04:19 PM
Cool New Member

i'm also searching this out, although i have yet to uncover it from any of the usual online korean retailers i go through...

the main question i have about this set, though, is whether or not the included pilot episode has improved picture quality and sound in comparison to the taiwan region 0 pilot that's available in the u.s. as a matter of fact, if anyone knows about this, i'd love to hear about which version of the pilot is the best to get, since i've also heard rumors that the pilot episode on the region 2 and region 4 twin peaks season 1 sets uses the same washed-out transfer as the taiwan version, albeit w/o the crappy sound mix. can anyone confirm or deny?
Old 10-15-04, 01:04 AM

After doing some research I am pretty sure this is the best all around Twin Peaks DVD you can get. I hear it's better then the UK version.
Old 10-15-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What about the set that has Seasons 1 and 2 in it? I saw it in the PAL section of a rental store here, and I think it had Asian characters on it, but it seemed to be 4 discs for both seasons, which is a tad ehh.
Old 10-15-04, 04:32 AM
Cool New Member

are you referring to the region 2 PAL version from spain? reviews i've encountered say that it has really poor picture quality (vhs-style bad) and isn't worth it...
Old 10-15-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered Season One from KoreanDVDs.com. It includes the pilot and it's NTSC.
Old 10-15-04, 08:23 PM

Richard, which of the two box sets that koreandvds.com has is the one with the pilot? There are two of seemingly the same ones on there but they have different release dates and a different price. Also, how is the Korean Twin Peaks set? Thank you for your help.
Old 10-17-04, 01:52 AM

Anyone?
Old 10-17-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really not sure what the difference is in the two listings on their website. I've noticed in the past that sometimes there are multiple listings for essentially the same product. I actually haven't watched any episodes yet, but I did read a review online somewhere which said the set was the best way to see the pilot on DVD without buying the PAL version from the UK.
Old 10-19-04, 09:08 PM

They look like the same set. It's true that they sometimes duplicate products that come from different stock. I'd probably just get the cheaper one. Speaking of which, they have FWWM for a good price while you're at it.

I also got this from koreandvds.com a while back. As long as you calculate in the high shipping charge, they're a good store.
Old 10-20-04, 02:13 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna order the cheaper one and I'll let you know how it goes.