Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Danny Hoch's Jails, Hospitals & Hip-Hop

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny Hoch's Jails, Hospitals & Hip-Hop

I got an e-mail from the executive producer of this film, Michael Skolnik. He asked me to help promote the release of this DVD. In the e-mail he says:

"I am manufacturing a very small run of DVDs that we are selling exclusively through our website, www.jhhthefilm.com or www.amazon.com
As we have next to no money for marketing and publicity, we are counting on those who have respect Danny's work in the past to help us get the word out to his fans that the film is now available.
"

I had never seen this film or caught his live show, but I do own the CD and it is really good. I'm also a huge fan of his other film "Whiteboyz," hopefully that'll get released on DVD soon. Even though Michael didn't work on "Whiteboyz" I will be returning an e-mail to him about its eventual DVD release. I'll post on here if he knows anything.

Also included in the e-mail, was a note from Danny himself.

A Message from Danny Hoch:

Peace All,

I've got some exciting news to share amidst all the craziness happening these days. After much hardship, threats, censorship, unnecessary legal battles and exasperation, my film "Jails, Hospitals & Hip-Hop" shot on location in New York, LA & Havana is now available on DVD. The few of you who have seen it during its brief appearance in theaters during the month after Sept 11, know that this film is still timely, and that the issues addressed in the film, such as U.S. militarism, police brutality, racism, the prison industry, media collusion, etc.; none of these situations have ended, in fact they have only worsened.

As we are all working in our individual and collective ways for peace and justice in this world, I ask that you please support this film in its uncensored (finally viewable) form, by purchasing it, and urging your friends, colleagues and comrades to purchase it and share it with as many people as possible. Many professors and teachers in High Schools and Universities have requested it, so have several community based organizations, Hip-Hop youth groups, and of course the Office Of Homeland Security already has it. I hope they enjoy it too.

I promise that none of the money you spend on this film will go to any corporation (except maybe amazon.com- depending on how you purchase it), as the film is being distributed independently by the brave producer at Soze Productions who has fought tirelessly to get this film out, and continues to produce media projects that challenge, provoke, educate and broadcast the realities of the voiceless.

Many of you who have asked me about this film over the past few years have received a reply of hopeless uncertainty as myself and the film have struggled through...well, a lot. It's taken me this long to tell you anything definitive, and that is: THE FILM IS OUT YA'LL! Please support it however you can.

In sincerest thanks and nuff solidarity in these challenging times,

Danny Hoch

For more info check out:
www.jhhthefilm.com