Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Father of the Pride 10/12/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Father of the Pride 10/12/04

Ok, I know the general consensus is this show is a real stinker, and for the most part it has been, only a few good laughs per episode if that. But Ive stuck with it because, lets face it, how many animated shows are there in high-def? . But tonights episode was pretty good....it was actually funny pretty much throughout. The Deer Hunter spoof was especially great, once I figured out what it was . Is anyone else still watching this, or am I the last one holding on?
Old 10-13-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still watch every week, and find it consistently funny. It's kind of baffling with the wide appeal of Shrek that this isn't more popular. The S&R parts are hilarious. It's a nice opening act for scrubs too.

I know its dead in the water, but i'll gladly buy the series on DVD when it becomes available.

I am kind of sucked into reality with all the Sienfeld alums doing voice work. And Bender as the antelope was hard to look past.
Old 10-13-04, 12:48 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the show, but I thought tonight's was one of the worst. S&R are the best part of the show and they definitely weren't as funny as usual tonight. Also, maybe I missed the Deer Hunter part, but I thought they were parodying Apocalypse Now.
Old 10-13-04, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure about Apocalypse Now...but The Deer Hunter spoof was when Hunter (the kid lion), had the rat on the wheel that spun around and had 6 mousetraps on it, and Hunter was yelling at him just like the guys in the Russian roulette scene in The Deer Hunter.

I realize what youre saying ClarkKent, but with someone like John Dimaggio (Bender/The Antelope), at least they are getting some real voice actors for some of the parts. Its also kinda fun to see if you can guess everyones voice.
Old 10-13-04, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought all the Hunter parts were pretty funny.

The show either isn't gawdawful anymore or I'm just used to it. I'm not sure which.
Old 10-13-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They still have a problem with the "crude" humor not being funny. For example, the Carl Reiner grandfather says "Are we still pretending he's not gay?" There is a funny way to express that sentiment - that is not it.

As always, S&R are the only salvagable moments. They are hilarious.
Old 10-13-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
I agree, S&R are the best.
S - Why can't we get zem a gift card?
R - Because it is tacky!

And when S rebuilt the slurpee machine with the laser show, that was great.
Old 10-14-04, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

strange how 2 people can watch the same show and disagree entirely... i thought that line by Reiner was great.. and S&R annoy me every time they come on the screen

Originally posted by Meatpants
They still have a problem with the "crude" humor not being funny. For example, the Carl Reiner grandfather says "Are we still pretending he's not gay?" There is a funny way to express that sentiment - that is not it.

As always, S&R are the only salvagable moments. They are hilarious.