DVD Talk
Does anyone remember High School U.S.A.? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember High School U.S.A.?

littlefuzzy
10-12-04, 10:27 PM
High School U.S.A. (1983) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085679/) starring Michael J. Fox, Nancy McKeon, Todd Bridges, Crispen Glover, and a huge list of sit-com regulars.

I have been looking for this film for 2 years, ever since I heard that it was found in a Wal-Mart $5 bin somewhere, and I finally found a used copy, and noticed it was available online now.

I haven't seen this for at least 5-10 years, and I found it to still be very enjoyable. Sure, it was a made-for-TV movie, so it doesn't have Oscar-quality production values, but it is an all-around fun movie.

J.J. Manners, driving to the race - "Sorry I'm late, but I had to stop for gas... Three times!"
Ba-dum-bump! :D

SPiRAL
10-12-04, 11:08 PM
That movie ruled ! Anthony Edwards played the William Zabka-type role, and Todd Bridges played the nerdy scinetist.

iggystar
10-13-04, 10:56 AM
Was I a teenager in the 80's, yes! Of course I remember this movie! It was the bomb.

Hokeyboy
10-13-04, 11:22 AM
Robot my behind....

Lorrie F
11-11-04, 05:25 PM
I remember the movie. It was funny!

Rivero
11-11-04, 05:32 PM
Is this the one where Fox plays a camp counselor or somthing and McKeon plays the camp nurse?

littlefuzzy
11-11-04, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rivero
Is this the one where Fox plays a camp counselor or somthing and McKeon plays the camp nurse?
No, but I find myself strangely intrigued...

Actually, I think I remember that, but I don't recall the name.

High School USA had MJF playing an average joe kid in a face-off between the Elite and the less-than perfect.

Mountain Biker
11-11-04, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rivero

Your thinking of Poison Ivy.

areacode212
11-11-04, 09:36 PM
I caught this on TV late one night in the late 80s, and I remember being blown away by the all-star cast. Yeah, many of them are now considered jokes and/or has-beens, but back then, it was like, "wow--Jo, Willis AND Alex P. Keaton in the same movie???"

I'd like to get a copy of this--I remember it being pretty good.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0