DVD Talk
Who is the most unattractive female actor Hollywood tries to pass as beautiful/sexy? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most unattractive female actor Hollywood tries to pass as beautiful/sexy?

taa455
10-07-04, 12:37 PM
I was watching The Sting last night (great movie, btw), and could not help noticing how physically unattractive Loretta was. Yet, the movie obviously is trying to portray her as a sexy temptation to Hooker.

I realize Loretta is supposed to be a cold-blooded assassin, but even so, couldn't they find a more beautiful woman to fit the role? Maybe I've just never been that desperate/lonely, but I thought she was ugly.

Another question about the plot of the movie. Do not read if you haven't seen it. Why would Lonnegan want to try to kill Hooker at that point? Was he wanting to screw him out of his share of the money? If so, why not wait until after the money was won? Wouldn't Lonnegan risk blowing the whole deal by killing Hooker before it went down?

fumanstan
10-07-04, 12:38 PM
Julia Roberts.

Groucho
10-07-04, 12:41 PM
Barbra Streisand

PixyJunket
10-07-04, 12:42 PM
Dawn Marie and Sable.. but that's WWE not Hollywood. BARF.

FantasticVSDoom
10-07-04, 12:49 PM
Kathy Bates

dtcarson
10-07-04, 12:50 PM
Uma Thurman and Angelina Jolie. They're not 'ugly', they're just funny-looking, in a not-so-good way [imho].

Kal-El
10-07-04, 12:51 PM
Thandie Newton

Daytrip
10-07-04, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by fumanstan
Julia Roberts.

i agree

MahatmaPetey
10-07-04, 12:56 PM
one more for julia roberts.

devilshalo
10-07-04, 12:59 PM
Lucy Liu

Cock-eyed asian girl with freckles. -ohbfrank-

dick_grayson
10-07-04, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Kal-El
Thandie Newton

Are you insane? She's cute as a button! And hot! (in my opinion)

Dr. DVD
10-07-04, 01:04 PM
Just about any supermodel they try to turn actress.

AGuyNamedMike
10-07-04, 01:06 PM
Julia Roberts and Lucy Liu were my two top choices as well.

PixyJunket
10-07-04, 01:08 PM
Lucy Liu.. yup, though I like the freckles. -biggrin-

dick_grayson
10-07-04, 01:10 PM
Again, you are all insane! :D Lucy Liu is hot to trot! I can't believe people think he's unattractive! To each his own, I guess......more for me though. (wink)

reverie
10-07-04, 01:10 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker.. dog woman (see Mars Attacks! ;) She is just hideous!

Groucho
10-07-04, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dick_grayson
Again, you are all insane! :D Lucy Liu is hot to trot! I can't believe people think he's unattractive! To each his own, I guess......more for me though. (wink)More for you, indeed!

devilshalo
10-07-04, 01:14 PM
Kirsten Dunst - Big head, little teeth = freakier than Kyra Sedgewick.
If she didn't have a nice rack, more people would notice her freakishly huge head. :p

dick_grayson
10-07-04, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
More for you, indeed!

It's weird because I thought that everyone thought she was hot. I had no idea. Anyway, Joan Cusack and Lili Taylor. Ewwww!

Kal-El
10-07-04, 01:17 PM
Are you insane? She's cute as a button! And hot! (in my opinion)

No, just a person whose opinion does not agree with yours. :)

chente
10-07-04, 01:17 PM
Mena Suvari. We call her alien head around these parts.

dick_grayson
10-07-04, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Kal-El
No, just a person whose opinion does not agree with yours. :)

No, I know, it's all good. Maybe because she reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.....but black.

devilshalo
10-07-04, 01:20 PM
It's weird because I thought that everyone thought she was hot. I had no idea.

I think that 80% of Lucy's attraction can be attributed to the roles she plays and their attitudes. She doesn't play this submissive little asian girl, she plays the naughty hardcore wench. But on looks alone, she's the cock-eyed, freckle-faced asian girl. :p

Geofferson
10-07-04, 01:21 PM
Julia Roberts
Lucy Liu
Kirsten Dunst
Gwyneth Paltrow
Cameron Diaz

Me007gold
10-07-04, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by dtcarson
Uma Thurman and Angelina Jolie. They're not 'ugly', they're just funny-looking, in a not-so-good way [imho].

yep!

Michael Corvin
10-07-04, 01:39 PM
I agree with every name in this thread except for angelina jolie.

Maxflier
10-07-04, 01:42 PM
Another vote for Julia Roberts.
Sarah Jessica Parker is another.

dtcarson
10-07-04, 01:50 PM
Not to get name calling, but SJP reminds me of a horse.
Lucy Liu is very different looking. I don't know how much of that is due to her lineage, and how much is *her*. I just saw Kill Bill, and there were a lot of closeups of her, and she is not traditionally attractive, but is very unique looking. Plus, like someone said, the attitude can help make or break it.
Mena Suvari definitely does have 'big head syndrome' which is definitely distracting.

B.A.
10-07-04, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by chente
Mena Suvari. Agreed.

Red Dog
10-07-04, 02:05 PM
Gwenyth Paltrow
Uma Thurman

Red Dog
10-07-04, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I agree with every name in this thread except for angelina jolie.

And I agree with you.

fumanstan
10-07-04, 02:10 PM
I agree with Lucy Liu. I think she's ugly.

Also dislike Julianne Moore.

tofu
10-07-04, 02:14 PM
I agree with Mena Suvari and Gwyeneth Paltrow. I'll also add Lindsey Lohan.

garolo
10-07-04, 02:15 PM
Tori Spelling, woof, woof
Angelina Jolie, woof
Sara Jessica, agreed.

But Lucy Liu , No!
:drool:

To each his own I suppose.

Drop
10-07-04, 02:27 PM
Another vote for Sara Jessica, eww. Those GAP ads make it very apparant to anyone who didn't realize it already.

Also Julia Roberts and Lucy Liu.

I quite like Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, and Gwenyth Paltrow (especially since she's packed on a few pounds since having her baby.)

Drexl
10-07-04, 02:28 PM
The other 2 Charlie's Angels

kcbrett5
10-07-04, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by FantasticVSDoom
Kathy Bates

Who is claiming that she is sexy?

Despite her nude scene in About Schmidt, I don't think anyone is trying to promote her as sexy.

I vote for Cameron Diaz, Kirsten Dunst.

TheCurse9
10-07-04, 03:23 PM
Michelle Rodriguez
Sara Jessica

Mordred
10-07-04, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by AGuyNamedMike
Julia Roberts and Lucy Liu were my two top choices as well. You stole my post.

Supermallet
10-07-04, 03:31 PM
Mena Suvari was the first person that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread.

The second person I thought of was Genvieve Bujold. She's not really around any more, but in the film Dead Ringers she's supposed to be this to die for actress, and she's not. Not to die for or much of an actress, for that matter. The only weak part of the film. -ohbfrank-

Shannon Nutt
10-07-04, 03:33 PM
Another vote for Sarah Jessica Parker.

adamblast
10-07-04, 03:35 PM
Bette Midler

j123vt_99
10-07-04, 03:38 PM
Drew Barrymore

eisenreich
10-07-04, 03:48 PM
More votes for Drew Barrymore and Kirsten Dunst. I usually start gagging when I see them in movies

PixyJunket
10-07-04, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by tofu
I'll also add Lindsey Lohan. She was really cute 16 and under.. but she's really tramped herself out. I agree with you at this point.

DRG
10-07-04, 04:15 PM
Penelope Cruz

cultshock
10-07-04, 04:52 PM
I agree with virtually everyone's choices, except Kirsten Dunst. I can see where she might not be beautiful in the most traditional sense, but there is just something about her I really like (and I don't just mean the boobs :lol: ).

I especially can't stand Julia Roberts, Sara Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz and Mena Suvari. Ick.

Rivero
10-07-04, 05:46 PM
Kirsten Dunst - Man-ish face

Julia Roberts - Horse Face.

Sarah Jessica Parker - she was very sexy around L.A. Story but for some reason she got reeeaaal ugly .

Cameron Diaz - When she smiles she looks like the fuckin Joker and just seems like a stupid ditz in interviews.

Lindsay Lohan - from up-and-coming teen star to overexposed tramp in eleven months flat. This future basket case has set a new record.

shill66
10-07-04, 05:46 PM
Minnie Driver !

Penelope Cruz
Sarah Jessica Parker
Salma Hayek
Julia Roberts

Trigger
10-07-04, 05:58 PM
Another vote for Cameron Diaz and Kirsten Dumpst... Sara Jessica Parker is hideous alot of the time, but sometimes I've thought she was kinda cute.

The worst of all though has got to be
Tara Reid - most hideous beast and terrible actress ever.
Melanie Griffith - she is also an awful actress and fugly as well.
Sara Michelle Gellar - I don't know what people see in her, but she can go away forever.

LasVegasMichael
10-07-04, 06:00 PM
Two names popped into my head after reading the title:

Sarah Jessica Parker (mentioned several times over)

&

Paris Hilton (I realize she is really not an actress, perse, but that whole Simple Life fiasco had to have gotten her a SAG card to qualify).

matome
10-07-04, 06:04 PM
Another vote for Lucy Liu and Sarah Jessica Parker.

dom56
10-07-04, 06:13 PM
Renee Zellweger. :yack:

smirnoff
10-07-04, 06:14 PM
julia roberts, renee zelwiger (or whatever), and sarah michelle gellar.

NoxHaveN
10-07-04, 06:46 PM
There should definitely be a poll / running tally on these votes. :D

Agree with most of the names mentioned so far...

Tori Spelling - :yack:

Rene Zellwigger - Was decent once (Jerry MaGuire), but has really gone down hill.

Drew Berrymore - Was cute when she was young, but not so much now.

Sarah Jessica Parker - I never thought she was attractive until I watched some episodes of Sex and the City, in which she sometimes looked decent.

did I mention :yack: for Tori Spelling?

Rivero
10-07-04, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by garolo
Angelina Jolie

http://www.celebrity-fansites.com/images/stars/angelina_jolie/miscellaneous/angelina_jolie_miscellaneous_0084.jpg

http://www.celebrity-fansites.com/images/stars/angelina_jolie/miscellaneous/angelina_jolie_miscellaneous_0049.jpg

http://www.imadethis.org/designsbyisa/AJGQMarch2004Cover.jpg

http://www.efanguide.com/~ajolie/news/gq3.jpg

http://www.imadethis.org/designsbyisa/AJGQMarch2004_03.jpg

http://www.imadethis.org/designsbyisa/AJGQMarch2004_04.jpg

DonnachaOne
10-07-04, 08:11 PM
Rivero, you can't change the opinion of a man who doesn't find Angelina attractive. It's just the way they are.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

EDIT: I think my joke was too subtle...

Jeremy517
10-07-04, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by taa455
I was watching The Sting last night (great movie, btw), and could not help noticing how physically unattractive Loretta was. Yet, the movie obviously is trying to portray her as a sexy temptation to Hooker.

I realize Loretta is supposed to be a cold-blooded assassin, but even so, couldn't they find a more beautiful woman to fit the role? Maybe I've just never been that desperate/lonely, but I thought she was ugly.

Another question about the plot of the movie. Do not read if you haven't seen it. Why would Lonnegan want to try to kill Hooker at that point? Was he wanting to screw him out of his share of the money? If so, why not wait until after the money was won? Wouldn't Lonnegan risk blowing the whole deal by killing Hooker before it went down?

I don't think Loretta was supposed to be considered good looking. I think she was just supposed to be an average waitress.

Regarding your other question:

Lonnegan didn't know it was Hooker that his men were trying to kill. The two hit men were tasked with killing the second grifter that conned Lonnegan's man at the start of the movie. If Lonnegan knew that Hooker was the other grifter, there is no way he would have fallen for the con.

Playitagainsam
10-07-04, 08:33 PM
Kyra Sedgewick = barf!

JimRochester
10-07-04, 08:48 PM
Barbara Streisand ugly on the inside as well as outside :yack:
Uma Thurman not an attractive person in most things I've seen her in
Julia Roberts not unattractive, just way overrated, don't see how people go so ga-ga over her

Giantrobo
10-07-04, 08:57 PM
another for Julia Roberts

Sarah Jessca Parker
Jessca & Ashley Simpson
Cameron Diaz

JustInsane
10-07-04, 09:45 PM
And another vote for Sarah Jessica Parker

Plus Paris Hilton

Roto
10-07-04, 10:18 PM
Since when were Kathy Bates, Joan Cusack, and Bette Midler passed off as sexy? Did you guys not even bother to read the entire title of the thread, or do you think just because someone does a kissing or nude scene that it was intended to turn you on?

shill66: Salma Hayek? Are you sure you like women? :D

cruzness
10-07-04, 10:28 PM
Sad I'd probably do most people's choices without a second thought (Penelope Cruz, Lucy Liu -have something exotic about them)
But I wouldn't touch Sara Jessica Parker with a stolen [email protected]&.
And the absolute grossest chick who tries to pass HERSELF off as sexy - Sandra Bernhart. She acts like she is sexy when she is SSSSOOOOOOOOO NNNNNAAAASSSSSSTTTYYYYY. BLECHH

Spy021
10-07-04, 10:48 PM
I would have to say:

Drew Berrymore & Uma Thurman are the ones that immediately come to mind. As for Angelina Jolie, I'd drink her bath water...

Count Dooku
10-07-04, 11:11 PM
Angelina Jolie is so goddawn frelling sexy that after Spy021 drank her bath water I'd drink his piss!

B.A.
10-07-04, 11:19 PM
Angelina has gotten even better looking since she split up w/ Billy Bob.

Mountain Biker
10-08-04, 12:23 AM
Dogs:

Kirsten Dunst
Gwyneth Paltrow
Julia Roberts
Tara Reid
Mena Suvari

Drexl
10-08-04, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Roto
Since when were Kathy Bates, Joan Cusack, and Bette Midler passed off as sexy? Did you guys not even bother to read the entire title of the thread, or do you think just because someone does a kissing or nude scene that it was intended to turn you on?

Or, someone forgot to turn on the sarcasm detector. :)

SeekOnce
10-08-04, 01:47 AM
No vote for J.Lo yet eh?

Chim
10-08-04, 03:59 AM
RENEE ZELLWEGGER

Soapstreet
10-08-04, 04:23 AM
I love Gwyneth Paltrow. I can't beleive that. She is not the prettiest. But certainly without a doubt the cutest. Lucy Liu is beautiful. You people need to read the title of this topic. "unattractive female".

But we all have opinions!

thegame370
10-08-04, 04:26 AM
Renee Zellwegger
Julia Roberts
Jennifer Garner
Kirsten Dunst
Sarah Jessica Parker
Cameron Diaz
Tara Reid
Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie
Janet Jackson

And the one person who said Salma Hayek must be banned, IMMEDIATLEY!!! She is all that is woman and beautiful!!!

flixtime
10-08-04, 06:33 AM
I'm not on board with the nominations of Angelina Jolie or Salma Hayek in this discussion so I'll submit a couple of fresh replacements:

Kate Hudson
Helen Hunt

And though off-topic, I pray that Tony Kornheiser (PTI) and the rest of ESPN would stop forcing down my throat how drop-dead gorgeous Venus and Serena are. Every time they catch themselves drooling over the visual splendor that is Maria Sharapova it seems the mandated follow-up is to fawn over the Williams sisters as well. It just seems so....hollow. While I'm at it, Serena's "designer fashions" don't help matters - stick to playing tennis. And in regards specifically to ESPN......oh never mind, wrong forum.

Meowza
10-08-04, 07:07 AM
I have never gotten over Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. I mean my god, more freightening then the plot. She's got grandmother written all of her.

Other than that I am with Sarah Jessica Parker gang.

gmal2003
10-08-04, 08:57 AM
Is it ok to officially disregard the guy who said <b>Salma Hayek</b>. Im all for that everyone's entitled to their own oppinion thing but that is completely ridiculous. Maybe he thought the thread title read "Most attractive woman alive".Id also like to defend Angelina Jolie and Lucy Lui. Anywho, heres mine:

Penelope Cruz
Kirsten Dunst

Perkinsun Dzees
10-08-04, 10:38 AM
Jennifer Aniston - Buttahface!

I also have to agree with Sarah Jessica Porker and Kirsten Dunce.

Tarantino
10-08-04, 10:48 AM
Julia Stiles or Kirsten Dunst.

Green Jello
10-08-04, 10:48 AM
If this goes long enough, every hollywood actress is going to be named here.

Put me down for Melanie Griffith. (Total bimbo)

adamblast
10-08-04, 12:54 PM
Don't know how old you are, but Bette Midler was definitely trying to pass for a bombshell for the first half of her career, and Hollywood was eager to help her. Needless to say, it never really worked. Careful makeup and lighting can only go so far.

And I'm shocked, shocked to hear that every kissing scene in every movie isn't supposed to be all about the cheesecake for horny men.

PixyJunket
10-08-04, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
Angelina Jolie is so goddawn frelling sexy that after Spy021 drank her bath water I'd drink his piss! :lol: Eww..

dick_grayson
10-08-04, 01:18 PM

shill66: Salma Hayek? Are you sure you like women? :D

Yeah, disregard Joan Cusak.....that was a mistake. I thought the thread was just talking about ugly Hollywood women. I don't think anyone tries to pass her off as attractive.

scroll2b
10-08-04, 01:30 PM
I actually think the bottom three always light up the screen for me. Even on regular tv, Gwyneth is soo hot.... Kirsten in Eternal Sunshine in her panties is amazing to see.... And, ever since There's Something About Mary, I've always had a thing for Diaz, though she hasn't looked as great since....

Originally posted by Geofferson
Julia Roberts
Lucy Liu
Kirsten Dunst
Gwyneth Paltrow
Cameron Diaz

trigun
10-08-04, 01:38 PM
Don't feel like reading the thread but Brittany Murphy.

Michael Corvin
10-08-04, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by flixtime
I'm not on board with the nominations of Angelina Jolie or Salma Hayek in this discussion so I'll submit a couple of fresh replacements:

Kate Hudson
Helen Hunt

And though off-topic, I pray that Tony Kornheiser (PTI) and the rest of ESPN would stop forcing down my throat how drop-dead gorgeous Venus and Serena are. Every time they catch themselves drooling over the visual splendor that is Maria Sharapova it seems the mandated follow-up is to fawn over the Williams sisters as well. It just seems so....hollow. While I'm at it, Serena's "designer fashions" don't help matters - stick to playing tennis. And in regards specifically to ESPN......oh never mind, wrong forum.

I'll go with the above, Kate & the Williams sisters, just not Helen. She is gorgeous in that girl next door way. I don't think I have ever seen an actress in sweats(lounging about on Mad About You) more attractive. That and I don't think Hollywood is trying to sell her as the hottest thing going.

UAIOE
10-08-04, 02:02 PM
My "Trilogy of Terror"

Sarah Jessca Parker
Julia Roberts
Tori Spelling

:yack: :yack: :yack: & double :yack:

slax
10-08-04, 02:43 PM
Julianne Moore-Big head syndrome,can look good with the right hair style,ie one that doesnt make it look any bigger :D

Salma Hayek has an incredible body but I think her face is just average.

5 million airbrushed pics are not going to make me think otherwise like the guy who tried with Jolie.

NoxHaveN
10-08-04, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
Angelina Jolie is so goddawn frelling sexy that after Spy021 drank her bath water I'd drink his piss!

:lol: -eek- :yack:

Marco1
10-08-04, 04:37 PM
Angelina Jolie is Beautiful

Mark me down for Sarah Jessica Parker

Mena Suvari is hot in a slutty looking way

My choice is Selma Blair plus she is built like a man

Rivero
10-08-04, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by shill66

Salma Hayek

http://www.moono.com/viewnext.asp?picnow=112_6414_big.jpg&secloc=celebz1600lol6441

http://www.moono.com/viewnext.asp?picnow=112_6412_big.jpg&secloc=celebz1600lol6441

http://www.moono.com/viewnext.asp?picnow=112_6443_big.jpg&secloc=celebz1600lol6441

island007
10-08-04, 07:49 PM
Ok, I can understand and agree with most of the names mentioned; however, I think both Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie are BABES! How did their names get mentioned in this thread.

Rypro 525
10-08-04, 10:10 PM
i am guessing the angelina haters haven't seen Gia yet?

UAIOE
10-08-04, 10:55 PM
It's threads like these that make me wonder just how many (if any) movie stars read these forums.

Michael Corvin
10-09-04, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by island007
Ok, I can understand and agree with most of the names mentioned; however, I think both Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie are BABES! How did their names get mentioned in this thread.

I with you. The rest are dogs, or at least have a butter face.

Autotelik
10-09-04, 01:26 AM
<b>Liv Tyler</b> The only thing I really hated about LOTR

Agree with:

Renee Zellweger
Sarah Jessica Parker
Julia Stiles

Maybe Sarah Jessica Parker can officially be labeled as unattractive now, given that none of us thinks she's good looking. :lol:
Julia Roberts doesn't bug me as much as she used to. I don't mind watching her movies now. She was pretty good in Mona Lisa Smile

I think Kate Hudson is cute.

BizRodian
10-09-04, 01:59 AM
Julia Roberts doesn't bug me as much as she used to. I don't mind watching her movies now. She was pretty good in Mona Lisa Smile

Guards! Remove his penis! seize it!

jaeufraser
10-09-04, 02:10 AM
I'm not a Penelope Cruz fan. She looks like a mouse.

wmansir
10-09-04, 02:14 AM
I agree with adamblast about Bette Midler. She definitely wins as the most unattractive female who tried to pass as sexy. Her pal Streisand comes in a close second.

Other actresses mentioned here may be overrated and I don't buy them as sexy/beautiful, but I don't think many of them are ugly.

necros
10-09-04, 10:06 AM
I'd have to go with Julia Roberts and her mouth big enough to swallow a small child whole.

Sarah Jessica Parker too, but she just shows what age can do to ya cuz she was better lookin 10 years ago.

Penelope Cruz is just wierd looking.

Lucy Liu is pretty fugly.

Jennifer Lopez never did much for me either.

Uma Thurman also bugs me.. she's got a wierd looking face and ugly toes.

asianxcore
10-09-04, 10:25 AM
Lindsey Lohan (are her 15 minutes up yet?)
Cameron Diaz

Jack Straw
10-09-04, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by adamblast
Bette Midler Bulls Eye

Jack Straw
10-09-04, 10:43 AM
She's kind of yesterday's news, but Sandra Bernhardt (woof-woof)

DJLinus
10-09-04, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog

Uma Thurman

Agree with you there. I thought she was horribly miscast as the end-all be-all of hot women in The Truth About Cats and Dogs. I thought Janeane Garofalo was the better looking of the two in that movie.

Rival11
10-09-04, 12:12 PM
Julia Roberts.

Yep

Hokeyboy
10-09-04, 12:38 PM
Man, you all stock up on your Hatorade this morning? :mad:

Well, I did. So without further ado:

Gwyneth Paltrow
Sarah Jessica Parker
Tara Reid
Keira Knightley (yes, you read that correctly)
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Amanda Peet

None of them are hideous, mind you (one is close, though). I just don't see the appeal of any of them. At all.

And Salma Hayek is the #1 argument against agnosticism in the world today. :D Thanks Jeebus!

bhk
10-09-04, 12:46 PM
Agree about:
Julia Roberts
Sarah Jessica Parker

UAIOE
10-09-04, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by necros
I'd have to go with Julia Roberts and her mouth big enough to swallow the state of Texas.

FIXED

Originally posted by DJLinus
I thought Janeane Garofalo was the better looking of the two in that movie.

Yes.

antennaball
10-09-04, 05:24 PM
Tara Reid and Jamie Pressley.

caligulathegod
10-09-04, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Green Jello
If this goes long enough, every hollywood actress is going to be named here.

Or the same 5 actresses over and over again.

Anyway, Katherine Helmond was always played up as hot in every TV show she was ever on, like Soap and Who's the Boss. She's hideous.

Jennifer Coolidge, Stifler's Mom. Ugh.

That chick who played Lana on Three's Company. Bleah!

Mary Tyler Moore. Not even when she was on Dick Van Dyke Show.

Pamela Anderson. She wasn't even the prettiest one on Baywatch. I've never understood the appeal of this plastic-boobed Barbie Doll. She's not pretty and there's many other women that match or beat her physical attributes.

John Spartan
10-09-04, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Sarah Jessica Parker wasn't bad 10+ years ago. She's just got that really hard, gritty look now from what must be excessive aerobicizing. Plus, the messy hair absolutely doesn't help.

Also, Angelina Jolie is hotter than the heat from a thousand suns. She even looks good without makeup.

I agree with the prevailing opinion about Streisand and Midler. I don't know what Hollywood was thinking. I wonder if it was because gay guys found them fabulous?

harpo787
10-09-04, 09:43 PM
Pretty much agree with what's been said here thus far...if I think of anyone original to add, I'll do so later. Meanwhile...

Sarah J. Parker used to look decent, I remember thinking she was hot in "Honeymoon in Vegas". I tried to find an example (bikini bathing is what I remember), but all the pics I saw.....looked like a dog to me! Just judging by her skull/face structure, I'll bet she's voting Kerry. -wink- However, something about her in this pic (http://neuromancerwp.free.fr/original/neuromancerwp_sarah_jessica_parker_01.jpg) kinda makes me tingle...not sure what it is though (linked due to size). I had found a somewhat cute pic of her in a bubble bath, but both IMGing it and linking it just displayed a middle finger. Oh well...

I THINK I understand what some folks have a problem with Cameron Diaz: I thought she was SMOKING HOT in "The Mask" (pun not intended), and have loved her ever since, however, there's just a certain look on her face...not sure if it's facial structure whatever, but something often makes her look like a pimply faced teenager:

http://www.cycnet.com/shengli/images/50xgnl/cameron%20diaz.jpg

Michael Corvin
10-09-04, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by harpo787

Sarah J. Parker used to look decent, I remember thinking she was hot in "Honeymoon in Vegas". I tried to find an example (bikini bathing is what I remember), but all the pics I saw.....looked like a dog to me! Just judging by her skull/face structure, I'll bet she's voting Kerry. -wink- However, something about her in this pic (http://neuromancerwp.free.fr/original/neuromancerwp_sarah_jessica_parker_01.jpg) kinda makes me tingle...not sure what it is though (linked due to size).

It is probably because you are looking at everything butter face.

Hokeyboy
10-09-04, 11:41 PM
Parker should cool it with the obscene gestures. :mad:

UAIOE
10-10-04, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
It is probably because you are looking at everything butter face.

It's the only safe way to view that picture.

Bacon
10-10-04, 02:16 AM
Kirstie Alley :lol: & ;)

Angelina Jolie :yack: gotta be the lips

Mondo Kane
10-10-04, 02:32 AM
Jennifer Garner

I seem to be the only one to notice that she's got a forehead that resembles Louie Guzman's.

DieselsDen
10-10-04, 02:52 AM
Yet another vote for (or against, depending on how you look at it):

Drew Barrymore - puffy looking

Lucy Liu - an ugmo

Sarah Jessica Parker - I'm always embarassed by her SEX IN THE CITY ads where she tries to look glamorous

Lindsey Lohan - C'mon! Big boobs do not a beautiful girl make...

Barbra Streisand - I like her as much as the SOUTH PARK creators do.

Jennifer Garner - Cute, but overhyped.

Kirsten Dunst - Attractive as a redhead (as in SPIDER-MAN), otherwise...

I'm also always confused about Margot Kidder in SUPERMAN and Carrie Fisher from STAR WARS. As a kid, I wondered just how their characters were described in their movies as beautiful, or how the lead male characters would be so attracted to them. I'm still wondering. (Carrie Fisher's appearance with Jabba in JEDI notwithstanding).

turborobb
10-10-04, 03:27 AM
Jennifer Lopez!! - what does anyone see in her? big fat nasty butt, shiney oily skin and the jaw of a man.

Christina Ricci - eck

Roto
10-10-04, 04:32 AM
Christina Ricci's eyes are almost as big as her tits. She's like a real life anime girl.

I like her and Julia Stiles. Two girls you could recognize just by their eyes.

Michael Corvin
10-10-04, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DieselsDen

I don't see the draw either. Every photo or image I see of her she has on 10lbs of makeup which is not attractive to begin with. Maybe the boobs were to draw attention away from her unattractive face. Regardless, her 15 minutes are ticking.

covenant
10-10-04, 10:25 AM
One that's not been mentioned yet (that I saw):

Shannon Doherty

Ever since I noticed her left eye is higher than her right.

Hideous :yack:
http://www.charmedonesworld.com/Prue_5484848444.JPG

UAIOE
10-10-04, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DieselsDen

I (maybe) suppose she would be alright if she didnt wear 85 pounds of make-up.

Kirsten Dunst - Attractive as a redhead (as in SPIDER-MAN), otherwise...

:eek: :(

I'm also always confused about Margot Kidder in SUPERMAN and Carrie Fisher from STAR WARS.

Carrie Fisher was alright, not "wow, stunning" but still ok. Far better than Margot Kidder

Margot Kidder....So very no.

Osiris
10-10-04, 08:59 PM
Another Cameron Diaz vote.

wmansir
10-10-04, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Canadian Bacon
Kirstie Alley :lol: & ;)

She's one the CBS movie of the week right now. Holy jebus has she let herself go.

On a related note I saw a business report on Pier One Imports dropping the ad agency that they went with after dropping the Alley campaign. You know, the one where she was always shot behind a shelf full of ceramics and junk. They noted that sales dropped like 20% since they dropped Alley. But looking at her now I don't think it was a mistake.

Puzznic
10-10-04, 11:05 PM
Tara Reid
Julia Stiles
Drew Barrymore- sometimes
Jennifer Lopez
Shannon Elizabeth- Not that attractive but there is something
sexy about her

Whoever said Natalie Portman a few pages back needs to lay off the crack pipe.

The Nature Boy
10-10-04, 11:47 PM
Wendie Jo Sperber

jessecrx
10-11-04, 09:56 AM
Minnie Driver !

Penelope Cruz
Sarah Jessica Parker
Salma Hayek
Julia Roberts

Salma Hayek??

No Sir, I don't see a problem here :)
http://www.webhorror.com/screamqueens/misc/salma_hayek_dusk_dawn_01_sm.jpg

MISS PEACH
10-11-04, 10:03 AM
Oh it hurts to say this, because I just love her! But on a purely eye candy basis:

Marilyn Monroe

Just kidding!

Angelica Huston

But she has soul dammit LOL.

PEACH

shill66
10-11-04, 11:01 AM
nd the one person who said Salma Hayek must be banned, IMMEDIATLEY!!! She is all that is woman and beautiful!!!
That was me. She's a dog.

tdilia
10-11-04, 12:38 PM
Another vote for, Julia Roberts, Barbara (Bitch, who needs a nose job) Streisand, Bette Midler. Also Pam Anderson, everything about her is fake, plus she has some scrawny chicken legs.

rabbit77
10-11-04, 01:30 PM

Who do you find beautiful in Hollywood? Even my wife is sexually attracted to Salma Hayek.

Sex Fiend
10-11-04, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by The Nature Boy
Wendie Jo Sperber

...the chubby neighbor from Bosom Buddies ??

But for some serious old school consideration, how about Shelley Winters? She was actually considered something of a "sex symbol" in the 1950's and early 1960's before she started piling on the lbs. Actually several actresses from that era who weren't particular attractive were passed off as being sexy - Piper Laurie, Julie Harris, Geraldine Page. Not a good time for Hollywood glamour, which is why we usually remember the B-actresses from then as the sex symbols - Mamie van Doren, Jayne Mansfield, etc.

As for the modern candidates, I agree with most of the votes listed on the thread, except for Angelina Jolie. Her screwy personality is a little off-putting, but in terms of pure aesthetics, she is fiercely fine...

gameover2k2
10-11-04, 05:36 PM
I'm asian and Lucy Liu would worth around $2 in Asian brothel... what a disgrace.. to asian people.. oh well.. small-eye with freckle is the way 'asian' suppose' to look like i guess... ^_^

UAIOE
10-12-04, 01:26 AM
$2 in an Asian brothel

:lol: Thats cold.

Rivero
10-12-04, 01:35 AM

..Cough...fruitcake..cough cough

msdmoney
10-12-04, 02:54 AM
Most already mentioned

Drew Barrymore- agree with whoever said puffy
Lindsey Lohan - I really thought the fascination would die when she hit 18.
Kirsten Dunst - She's just, well, plain and not in the cute sorta way.
Julia Stiles - Same as Kirsten Dunst but in a more unattractive sort of way.
Uma Thurman- weird looking, never knew she was considered attractive
Lucy Liu

Originally posted by NoxHaveN
Rene Zellwigger - Was decent once (Jerry MaGuire), but has really gone down hill.
My thoughts exactly

Never knew Barbara Streisand, Bette Middler, and Julianne Moore were considered attractive.

mwj
10-12-04, 01:41 PM
Nicole Kidman. A nose you could use to slice cheese.
Rene Zellwigger. Or "Squinty" as I like to call her.
Melanie Griffith. Too much skin, not enough face.

The Black
10-12-04, 04:21 PM
Sarah Jessica Porker
Uma Thurman

Mmmmkay=
Juliette Lewis (she has her moments, but only a few)
Jessica Biel, she's ok, nowhere near hot.

Not really trying to pass as sexy:
Linda Hamilton
Sigourney Weaver (not really extremely ugly, however too old)

Kirsten Dunst - She just downright annoys me, her attitude, and her self-loving, that movie where she was pregnant and kept moaning that she was fat made me want to stomp her in her stomach till she was thinner than Ally McBeal

Halle Berry - Seriously, what is the deal? I really don't see why she's supposed to be so attractive! Plus her attitude pisses me off pretty good.

I disagree with you guys on the following though:
Cameron Diaz
Liv Tyler
Angelina Jolie
Mena Suvari

The Nature Boy
10-12-04, 04:32 PM
Good call on Jessica Biel, really not pretty at all.

Rachel Leigh Cook can look odd too.

Abob Teff
10-12-04, 04:59 PM
Been gone for awhile and will wade through 5 pages later, but for now I have to cast my vote for Uma Thurman . . . she may be talented, but she is about the farthest thing from sexy or even mildly good looking . . . .

Sex Fiend
10-12-04, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by The Black

Halle Berry - Seriously, what is the deal? I really don't see why she's supposed to be so attractive! Plus her attitude pisses me off pretty good.

You better hope Halle doesn't read that, or seriously, she'll run you over with her SUV...

The Black
10-12-04, 06:06 PM
Forgot Jennifer Lopez. A good, swift kick to reality might suit her, plus it might do wonders for her gigantic ass.

I'd like to see Halle try and run me over. First of all I wouldn't be hypnotized by her boobs, and secondly I'd like to see if she possesses the power to "act" angry at all.
She can shove that oscar where many movie executives have made their mark.

Mountain Biker
10-12-04, 07:01 PM

You consider this a dog?!

http://www.nakedstarz.com/Salma_Hayek3/images/13.jpg
http://www.hollywoodcultmovies.com/assets/images/SalmaHayek1.jpghttp://features.yahoo.com/webceleb/salma/salmaglass.jpg
http://www.pdngallery.com/legends/legends6/images/regular/salma_hayek.jpghttp://britney.terramail.pl/Salma%20HAYEK/005.jpg
http://img.stopklatka.pl/filmowcy/00400/00402/0.jpg

:hscratch:

Randy Miller III
10-12-04, 07:22 PM
Anna Nicole Smith.

Randy Miller III
10-12-04, 07:29 PM
Oh, and my friend says Hilary Duff.

Rivero
10-13-04, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by The Black

Halle Berry - Seriously, what is the deal? I really don't see why she's supposed to be so attractive!

Maybe you just don't like beautiful black women.

http://volftp.tiscali.it/immagini/puellas/halle_berry/hb00032.jpg

http://volftp.tiscali.it/immagini/puellas/halle_berry/hb00014.jpg

magman
10-13-04, 05:02 AM
CHARLIZE THERON

For years I've been hearing about how beautiful she is, but I never saw any of her movies. Well, I finally broke down and decided to watch MONSTER. All I can say is, this is one ugly looking b*tch. I can't believe people think she's hot.

http://www.splicedonline.com/03reviews/monster_.jpg

The Black
10-13-04, 05:49 AM
Re: Halle Berry
Of course I find some black female celebrities attractive, such as Beyonce, and that model who's name I can't think of.

The Black
10-13-04, 05:51 AM
Oh, and Charlize Theron was made to look that way in Monster with make-up effects. Though in real life she's puuuurty.

Wompratz
10-13-04, 07:18 AM
ROFL @ Charlize

Cameron Diaz in The Mask was about the hottest thing in the world to me back when I saw her walk into that bank. 10 years later....She is NOT aging well AT ALL.

And...I don't know what has happened to Kirsten. I think Spider-Man ruined her.

http://www.maximonline.com/girls/kirsten_dunst/gm_l4.jpg

I agree with 98% of the comments so far though. Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz, Lucy Liu are the three big stand outs for me.

LiquidSky
10-13-04, 07:29 AM
Anyway, Joan Cusack and Lili Taylor. Ewwww!

I never got the impression that Hollywood was trying to pass these two off as beautiful/sexy. They are both known for their talent....not their looks....although I see nothing wrong with the way they look.

Michael Corvin
10-13-04, 09:55 AM
Didn't want to browse 7 pages again, I can't remember if these were mentioned:

Reese Witherspoon
Alicia Silverstone

shill66
10-13-04, 10:17 AM
You consider this a dog?! (Salma Hayek)

How many times do I have to say it? Yes, she's FUGLY.

And now, since I've been asked to present my credentials for what I find attractive, after already having stated from the outset that my tastes are typically at odds with the "average male"...

Rita Hayworth, Fay Wray, Myrna Loy, Louise Brooks, Linda Darnell, Evelyn Ankers, Merle Oberon.

And to head off those who won't be satisfied with this answer because they're not "modern" actresses, I'll throw in Milla Jovovich, Cate Blanchett and Julianne Moore.

netresults
10-13-04, 03:10 PM
Abe Vigoda :eyebrow:

netResults

dick_grayson
10-13-04, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSky
I never got the impression that Hollywood was trying to pass these two off as beautiful/sexy. They are both known for their talent....not their looks....although I see nothing wrong with the way they look.

Yeah, I misread the subject (noted earlier in post).

Hokeyboy
10-13-04, 04:20 PM
http://www.millheiser.com/images/erik.jpg

;)

Mountain Biker
10-13-04, 06:04 PM
rotfl

bardevious
10-13-04, 07:04 PM
Rue McClanahan is undoubtedly the most god-awful looking haggard old bat I've never had the pleasure of laying my eyes on.

No, really. I buy the notion that in a former life this putrid old sack of flesh was hot-to-trot, and had all the dudes in South Florida or wherever the hell she had the mispleasure of lolling around so un-sultrily wagging their tongues in her general direction, as if a tongue were a compass imbued with a preternatural sense of seeking out nastiness.

I believe some would call it the "willing suspension of disbelief", but I call it bullshit, because this sagging old wheelbarrow of non-contumely flesh makes the aforementioned Abe Vigoda look like the inspiration for Botticelli's famous painting of that demure young thing standing in a clam shell (boy, if that ain't sexual symbolism, my name isn't Dick Woodcock). "Venus Vigoda", I say, and rue the day that the clan of McClanahan ever unearthed that rotting piece of skank that is this particular "Golden Girl" (my ass).

Not that I particularly care.

And all you all Julia haters can kiss my southern fried ass. She's America's Sweetheart, in case you've been living in a cave or otherwise staring at airbrushed, siliconized little patooties.

Hee haw
all the way to the bank
Julia laughs.

That's called a haiku. Get cultured, punks.

A special shout out to this idiot questioner who obviously wants to stalk La Rue like she was celery:

sick-o bastard (http://www.lifetimetv.com/community/chat/ruemcclanahan_transcript05.html)

"special90746: I saw you on your Intimate Portrait, you still look sexy and wonderful, what is your secret?"

The secret is you're an idiot, shut the hell up and go masturbate to Abe Vigoda or Lucy the australopithecines, who even though she isn't human or alive, is still hotter that Rue McClanahan.

drjay
10-13-04, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Geofferson
Julia Roberts
Lucy Liu
Cameron Diaz

shill66
10-14-04, 12:19 AM
I've clearly been far too kind about Salma Hayek.

She is a disgustingly fugly, irreparably putrescent dog-woman. Her face is smashed in all the wrong places (such as "the front of it" and "all over"), her lips form a shape that looks like a dirty toilet plunger, her eyes look as if she slept face down on a bunsen burner.

Yeah, I'd take Erik Estrada over her, regardless of whether or not I'm gay. At least he's human, not a lumpy papier-mache sculpture designed by a four-year-old with no sense of proportion, decency, or right or wrong.

The terrorists win.

(yes, I'm typing with a smile on my face. even though it's all true.)

Trigger
10-14-04, 01:02 AM
Whatever, you'd probably make out with Tara Reid and then let her read a book to you in bed for an hour.

Chill Pill
10-14-04, 04:36 AM
I just watched Once Upon A Time In America again, and she's not a big actress, I don't even know her name or what she has been in since... but the girl who played Jennifer Connelly's character when she was older.

Talk about FUGLY. Did anybody think that girl was attractive? Or what Connelly might have looked like older? Yikes!

custom001
10-14-04, 07:56 AM
Another vote for Penelope Cruz.

I still think Kirsten Dunst is cute, though.

Hokeyboy
10-14-04, 09:56 AM

She is a disgustingly fugly, irreparably putrescent dog-woman. Her face is smashed in all the wrong places (such as "the front of it" and "all over"), her lips form a shape that looks like a dirty toilet plunger, her eyes look as if she slept face down on a bunsen burner.

Yeah, I'd take Erik Estrada over her, regardless of whether or not I'm gay. At least he's human, not a lumpy papier-mache sculpture designed by a four-year-old with no sense of proportion, decency, or right or wrong.

The terrorists win.

(yes, I'm typing with a smile on my face. even though it's all true.)
http://www.millheiser.com/images/youtry.jpg

bardevious
10-14-04, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Trigger
Whatever, you'd probably make out with Tara Reid and then let her read a book to you in bed for an hour.

If by "you" you mean my scabrous, hideously deformed clone, and if by "in bed" you mean she's in a Singapore flop house reading "Fun with Dick and Jane" while I'm safely ensconced in a pre-fab bunker somewhere in the Black Hills of South Dakota, then yes, I'd agree with you.

shill66
10-14-04, 11:40 AM
Matt, any guy who takes the time to find such lovely pictures has got my admiration.

In fact... I think I love you.

OldBoy
10-14-04, 12:05 PM
Mariska Hargitay
(Law and Order: SVU)...something about that nose.

Hokeyboy
10-14-04, 01:44 PM
Matt, any guy who takes the time to find such lovely pictures has got my admiration.

In fact... I think I love you. Right back 'atcha babe. :thumbsup:

chente
10-14-04, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Trigger

I doubt she can read but besides that I'm with you.

Rammsteinfan
10-14-04, 02:30 PM
A few that I think are not all that off the top of my head...

Julia Roberts
Lucy Liu
Cameron Diaz
Thandie Newton
Devon Aoki
Sarah Jessica Barker

devilpants
10-14-04, 03:00 PM
For awhile you couldn't pick up a magazine without seeing Courtney Love on the cover. I used to think "Is all of Hollywood on crack?"

NaturalMystic79
10-14-04, 03:13 PM
Reese Witherspoon
Lucy Lui
Julia Roberts
Penelope Cruz
Halle Barry

BassDude
10-14-04, 04:42 PM
All three of the new Charlie's Angels.

Fok
10-14-04, 05:03 PM
Not that she tries to be sexy. I nearly gag everytime I see Woopie Goldberg :yack:

Mountain Biker
10-14-04, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Shill 66

She is a disgustingly fugly, irreparably putrescent dog-woman.

Originally posted by Rivero
You're either a homosexual man or a pathetically jealous woman. To each their own...

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly

shill66
10-15-04, 02:03 AM
You're either a homosexual man or a pathetically jealous woman. To each their own...

I think you mean "To each their own, as long as I can ridicule the other guy."

MISS PEACH
10-15-04, 09:45 AM
I've clearly been far too kind about Salma Hayek . . . her lips form a shape that looks like a dirty toilet plunger . . .

http://www.intergate.com/~tobeornot2b/me/SMILEY-RAMA/ROFLMAO.gif BWAAAhahaha!

PEACH

http://www.intergate.com/~tobeornot2b/me/GRAPHICS/yMMONROES.gif

Sex Fiend
10-15-04, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by devilpants
For awhile you couldn't pick up a magazine without seeing Courtney Love on the cover. I used to think "Is all of Hollywood on crack?"

Ugggh, yeah, now that you mention it. I think we have a winner, if soon-to-be incarcerated actresses count...

whitetigeress
10-17-04, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by MISS PEACH
http://www.intergate.com/~tobeornot2b/me/SMILEY-RAMA/ROFLMAO.gif BWAAAhahaha!

PEACH

http://www.intergate.com/~tobeornot2b/me/GRAPHICS/yMMONROES.gif

Nice Red X's!

My list would be

Gweneth Paltrow
Jennifer Love Hewitt

moocher
10-17-04, 08:58 PM
And to head off those who won't be satisfied with this answer because they're not "modern" actresses, I'll throw in Milla Jovovich, Cate Blanchett and...

Julianne Moore.

I dug out this rare non-airbrushed photo of Julianne from an old thread...

http://www.negativschnitt.de/eric_stoltz/assets/images/mask003.jpg

William Wallace
10-17-04, 11:08 PM
Minnie Driver - I can't believe no one has mentioned her yet.

Kirsten Dunst - I go as far as to say that she is NASTY.

Queen Latifah - I don't know if shes an actress or not, but I've seen her make those "top 100 hottest celebrity" type lists.

Thank god no one has mentioned Jennifer Connelly, Liz Hurley, or Sophie Marceau yet.

Rivero
10-17-04, 11:21 PM
I think you are mistaken moocher. That's a pic of Eric Stoltz in the Bogdanovitch movie Mask from 1985. Here are pics of the clearly beautiful Moore:

http://www.averlo.com/modelos/Julianne_Moore/julianne_moore020.jpg

http://www.averlo.com/modelos/Julianne_Moore/julianne_moore028.jpg

http://www.averlo.com/modelos/Julianne_Moore/julianne_moore041.jpg

http://www.averlo.com/modelos/Julianne_Moore/julianne_moore088.jpg

Tscott
10-18-04, 12:23 AM
I think you are mistaken moocher. That's a pic of Eric Stoltz in the Bogdanovitch movie Mask from 1985. rotfl

Anyway, I don't think people ever fully appreciated the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" until the Internet was created. I find most of the women listed here (minus the Divine Miss M, of course) to be attractive in varying degrees. And I love the beautiful Julianne Moore.

shill66
10-18-04, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by William Wallace
Minnie Driver - I can't believe no one has mentioned her yet.

You didn't look closely enough. Minnie is on my list after Sarah Jessica Parker.

littlefuzzy
10-18-04, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by cruzness
And the absolute grossest chick who tries to pass HERSELF off as sexy - Sandra Bernhart. She acts like she is sexy when she is SSSSOOOOOOOOO NNNNNAAAASSSSSSTTTYYYYY. BLECHH
:yack: :yack: :yack:

Hendrik
10-18-04, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by scott1598
Mariska Hargitay
(Law and Order: SVU)...something about that nose.
...ahh... Mariska... daughter of the late, much regretted by some, buxom blonde bombshell "female actor" Jayne Mansfield (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0543790/bio) - she of the squeeky voice, and pink villa with heart-shaped swimming pool - and Miklos "Mickey" Hargitay (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362927/bio), Hungarian-born bodybuilder, 1955 "Mr. Universe", and whilom "male actor"...

...and what is wrong with Ms. H's nose...?...he asked, nonplused...

. . . :o . . .

awc825
10-18-04, 05:57 PM
Lara Flynn Boyle - looks like a stick insect

moocher
10-18-04, 07:02 PM
I think you are mistaken moocher.

You didn't read my post. Unlike your examples, my pic of Julianne was non-airbrushed (and without the wonderbra)...

Rivero
10-18-04, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by moocher
You didn't read my post. Unlike your examples, my pic of Julianne was non-airbrushed (and without the wonderbra)...

I think there's still some confusion on your part, mooch. Here's a pic of Stoltz from the film Mask:

http://www.filmhobbit.com/images/reviews/685/_10967025223.jpg

That's Stoltz on the left in makeup, along with Sam Elliot who plays his dad in the film. Clearly the same person from your pic:

http://www.filmhobbit.com/images/reviews/685/_10967025222.jpg

So again.... Eric Stoltz:
http://www.filmhobbit.com/images/reviews/685/_10967025221.jpg

and Julianne Moore:
http://www.averlo.com/modelos/Julianne_Moore/julianne_moore088.jpg

fumanstan
10-18-04, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by moocher

:up:

GreenMonkey
10-19-04, 12:16 AM
Reese Witherspoon

Agreed, wholeheartedly.
Others:
Jennifer Aniston - eh
Cameron Diaz - eh
Julia Roberts - eh
Pamela Anderson -nope
Anna Kournikova - never really understood this one. What's the big deal?

DRG said this in a thread last month that I happened across, and I agree.

Tara Reid - Totally overrated. She's not bad or anything, but she looks like a typical bar floozie.

Along with those Hilton b!tches. I can't stand those arrogant, anorexic blonde stickwomen.

Not normally the type to chime in on "hot chick" threads. Pretty cynical towards a lot of models and actresses.

I tend not to like typical blonde anorexic-looking model-chicks (like the aforementioned Hilton sisters). I get a lot of funny looks sometimes when I speak out against typical model types (like Pam Anderson). But I'm one of those people who thinks Janine Garafolo is decent (my wife always looks at me funny when that comes up).

And Kirsten Dunst is hot to me because she looks different. See: Eternal Sunshine. :D

chowchris13
10-19-04, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by devilshalo
Kirsten Dunst - Big head, little teeth = freakier than Kyra Sedgewick.
If she didn't have a nice rack, more people would notice her freakishly huge head. :p

Agree 100%

UAIOE
10-19-04, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by awc825
Lara Flynn Boyle - looks like a stick insect

Suddenly i am reminded of Kate Moss on Family Guy

"Oh no, an open window!"

B.A.
10-19-04, 03:47 PM
A few of the women mentioned in here I find attractive, but I know I am in the minority.

One actress I always thought was unattractive was Jamie Leigh Curtis. She kind of looks like a guy in drag, imo.

hannibalplan
10-19-04, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by B.A.
A few of the women mentioned in here I find attractive, but I know I am in the minority.

One actress I always thought was unattractive was Jamie Leigh Curtis. She kind of looks like a guy in drag, imo.

Actually, I kind of agree with you...if fact, the only movie I think she's been attractive in is True Lies. As for anything recent, I quote her from Freaky Friday-"...I look like the Crypt Keeper!!!" :)

devilshalo
10-19-04, 05:21 PM
Well, Jamie Lee does have that extra thingy going on. Or maybe not.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/jamie.htm

moocher
10-19-04, 09:02 PM
I think there's still some confusion on your part, mooch.

Where did you get those other pics of Julianne? Is that Richard Gere with her? Didn't realize Julianne did a romantic movie with him. Odd name though...Mask. I'll have to see it.

tommyp007
10-20-04, 10:15 PM
http://www.djfl.de/entertainment/stars/s/sarah_jessica_parker.jpg

http://burningbugs.com/filepile/dee.jpg

"I wanna rock!!!"

deviant03
10-20-04, 11:20 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Anniston, come to think of it they kind of look alike to me lol. I would say Gwyneth Paltrow too but I was flipping through the tube and saw some mtv awards show where she looked pretty hot after putting on a few pounds.

J-Dubya
10-21-04, 12:29 AM
Liv Tyler

Kicker_of_Elves
10-21-04, 01:05 AM
Sarah Jessica Parker
J. Lo
The ugly chick from 2 fast 2 furious (dont know name but i think everyone knows who i'm talking about :) )
Sigurney Weaver (Thats a man baby!)

devilpants
10-21-04, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by kicker_of_elves
Sigurney Weaver (Thats a man baby!)

You need to see Galaxy Quest. That's definitely not a man!-other-

Rivero
10-21-04, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by J-Dubya
Liv Tyler

http://www.geocities.com/liv_tyler_2/liv_tyler_021.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/liv_tyler_2/liv_tyler_026.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/liv_tyler_2/liv_tyler_024.jpg

Bill Needle
10-21-04, 11:54 PM
Julia Roberts - Horseface. Just plain not attractive.

Cameron Diaz - Outright ugly.

But the worst: Sarah Jessica "Melanoma, Moley Russell's Wart" Parker

I couldn't help but notice that basically all three "Charlie's Angels" are commonly accepted to be dogs. Oh how far we've fallen from the days of Farrah Fawcewtt, who incidentally is still hotter than all three current "angels."

As far as Salma Hayek, I never thought much of her, but when she was dancing in the strip club for Jay & Silent Bob, WOW! I couldn't believe it was the same person.

masbrad
10-22-04, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Bill Needle

As far as Salma Hayek, I never thought much of her, but when she was dancing in the strip club for Jay & Silent Bob, WOW! I couldn't believe it was the same person.

She is very hot in that sleezy strip scene in From Dusk To Dawn

tommyp007
10-22-04, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by masbrad

-other-

hannibalplan
10-22-04, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by devilpants
You need to see Galaxy Quest. That's definitely not a man!-other-

But in Galaxy Quest, those aren't her breasts either...:)

GCS
10-22-04, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by reverie
Sarah Jessica Parker.. dog woman (see Mars Attacks! ;) She is just hideous!

Yup this is my first choice ALONG with the redheaded girl from Sex and the City (Miranda) -- she is horrible IMHO. Kim Cattrall from that show screams skank to me unfortunately (not just her character) even she is way better looking than the first 2 I mentioned (especially for what 40 something). Charlotte is hot though.

Anyway there are many more as well.

Greg

Michael Corvin
10-22-04, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by hannibalplan
But in Galaxy Quest, those aren't her breasts either...:)

:hscratch: Victoria's Secret's?

devilshalo
10-22-04, 12:39 PM
[pictures of Liv Tyler]

You haven't sold me. Her eyes are too close together. However, I dont think Hollywood tries to sell her as sexy.

Red Dog
10-22-04, 01:35 PM
I'm not a big Liv Tyler fan either.

fumanstan
10-22-04, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog
I'm not a big Liv Tyler fan either.

Nor am i. She's not ugly per se, just not the uber hottie that LOTR fans seemed to make her out to be :)

Bill Needle
10-23-04, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by masbrad

Hmmm... I may have to check that out...

http://members.aol.com/akupp/duskdawn/bilder/Hayek12a.jpg

Now I ask: Who can put this woman up (or should I say down?) with the likes of Cameron Diaz and Sarah Jessica Parker?

Neeperando
10-23-04, 08:39 AM
Nor am i. She's not ugly per se, just not the uber hottie that LOTR fans seemed to make her out to be :)
What LOTR fans think she's hot? I thought all LOTR fans thought she was the one thing in the movie that utterly sucked. Although I guess the scene in FOTR (or is it TTT?) where her boobs are talking to Aragorn (I think their line is "Trust in us.") was pretty sweet. I think she would be hot if she didn't look so utterly dumb.

mautos
10-23-04, 02:33 PM
Just saw Wimbledon, Kirsten Dunst is really cute in that movie...dont mind her at all anymore.

UAIOE
10-24-04, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Neeperando
Although I guess the scene in FOTR (or is it TTT?) where her boobs are talking to Aragorn (I think their line is "Trust in us.") was pretty sweet.

So did they get a seperate listing in the end credits for that line?

fumanstan
10-24-04, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Neeperando
What LOTR fans think she's hot? I thought all LOTR fans thought she was the one thing in the movie that utterly sucked. Although I guess the scene in FOTR (or is it TTT?) where her boobs are talking to Aragorn (I think their line is "Trust in us.") was pretty sweet. I think she would be hot if she didn't look so utterly dumb.

I'm sure you can dig up plenty of old LOTR threads here with mention of her, particularly for Fellowship. And then of course for Two Towers everyone jumped on the Miranda Otto bandwagon. :)

dhmac
10-30-04, 11:46 AM
A few I think are unattractive:

Julie Roberts - weird "Lucy" type eyebrows, crooked nose, and oversized clown mouth. Add to those weird looks her prima donna bitch personality, and it's utterly incomprehensible how anyone can fall for the spin branding her as "America's Sweetheart"

Penelope Cruz - short with a big nose, she looks just like a female version of Tom Cruise (which explains his attraction to her, so he can feed his ego and narcissistically make love to himself)

Brittany Murphy - Not quite the ugly duckling she was in Clueless, but still not much to look at

Madonna - hard features make her anything but sexy (it's interesting to compare her to Gwen Stefani, who looks similar but with soft features and, hence, is good-looking)

Mena Suvari - the guy in American Beauty was lusting for this?!?? (Maybe seeing her up close is the real reason he pulled back at the end)

Pamela Anderson - everything about her looks as fake as her boobs

twilightdvd
10-30-04, 09:08 PM
Any of you guys would give your left nut for any of these women. Just admit it. :p

conscience
10-30-04, 09:20 PM
Probably already mentioned, but Jamie Lee Curtis.

How someone like Janet Leigh can have that...oh wait she slept with Tony Curtis...

AGuyNamedMike
11-15-04, 08:14 AM
Just watched Paycheck this weekend (I was bored, so sue me). Anyway, Uma looked more like Baffleck's spinster aunt than a plausible love interest. Yikes! I've never really found her all that attractive, but she was jarringly homely in this film.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0