TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Season of 24 Now Set For Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005

Old 10-04-04, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Season of 24 Now Set For Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...786|1|,00.html

New '24' Helps Ring In the New Year
(Monday, October 04 09:49 AM)

Champagne headaches will have only just worn off, but FOX has scheduled the premiere of the fourth season of "24" for Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005. While the network recently announced that the new season would begin on Monday, Jan. 3, the revised date will allow "24" to launch with three hours of programming over two intense nights.

The Sunday sneak will also let FOX tease the lauded drama following coverage of the NFC Wild Card game.

The fourth longest day of Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) life will start with a two-hour episode, as the Emmy-winning series begins a 24-episode run that won't be interrupted by repeats or preemptions (unless FOX unearths a couple "American Idol" specials that are just too pressing to keep on the shelf). After the two-hour episode, which will air from 8-10 p.m., the show will move into its regular Monday 9 p.m. ET time the following night (Jan. 10).

Fans of the show will recall that in the third season Jack helped the Counter Terrorist Unit stop a motley group of madmen from unleashing a deadly virus in Los Angeles. He also spent four or five episodes in Mexico doing virtually nothing and occasionally dealt with an addiction to heroin.

Season four, FOX reveals, will begin at 7 a.m. and will, once again, take place over the course of a single day. If you want the twists and turns of the season to be entirely fresh, you may want to turn away, but CTU is now run by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson), an agent who fired Jack when she took over on the job. Jack is now working for the Secretary of Defense (William Devane) and dating his married daughter (Kim Raver), but after the explosion of a commuter train, Jack finds himself back at CTU.

The fate of the world, it seems, hangs in the balance.

The season also features Nestor Serrano ("The Day After Tomorrow") as Middle Eastern businessman and Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo ("The House of Sand and Fog") as his wife.

The first three seasons of "24" all earned Emmy nominations for outstanding drama series.

Chris
Old 10-04-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's my birthday.
Old 10-04-04, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Elisha Cuthbert still going to be on the show? We need to see more of her out and about. Cant wait for the 4th season to start.
Old 10-04-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally posted by Hubcap
Is Elisha Cuthbert still going to be on the show? We need to see more of her out and about. Cant wait for the 4th season to start.
Nope. She's gone.
Old 10-04-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Mostly gone. I think she is supposed to make a couple of appearances, but not have a recurring role.

Did I read that right? A two hour premier on sunday, followed by a new episode that monday night?
Old 10-05-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to it. Only...THREE MONTHS til 24! Who here wants to start a countdown??? Dink donk...dink donk... dink donk (the clicking 24 clock sounds, or as close as they could be put in words).
Old 10-05-04, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am glad they went with January. It will be nice to have it there every week instead of all these gaps. Then I can't even remember what the hell happened last time.

If this is the final season, what a nice ride it's been.
Old 10-05-04, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i can't wait....3 hours in 2 nights.....it's gonna be awesome