Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

When is James Cameron going to make a new movie?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-29-04, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy has made some great movies,but he has not did anything since Titanic(besides a couple of documentries),anyone have any idea of what his next movie might be?maybe he is done making movies(besides documentries)?
Old 09-29-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Word is he's working on a new 3D movie starring Harrison Ford.
Old 09-29-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,452 Posts
I thought he was working on Titanic 2?
Old 09-29-04, 09:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I heard he won't make any more films until a studio gives him final cut.
Old 09-29-04, 09:48 PM
Banned

He's producing the Harrison Ford science-fiction thriller Godspeed. There's also that rumored Ford 3D movie.
Old 09-29-04, 10:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IMDB has something called Aliens of the Deep listed as his current project http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417415/. Looks to be another documentary and this might be the rumored 3d project

In the upcoming 3D film Aliens of the Deep, Academy Award® winning director, deep ocean adventurer, and space exploration visionary James Cameron combines his filmmaking talents with his personal passions on a journey to some of the Earth's deepest, most extreme and unknown environments in search of the strange and alien creatures that live there. Joining him is a team of young NASA scientists and marine biologists who share his interests as they consider how these life forms represent life we may one day find in outer space not only on distant planets orbiting distant stars, but also within our own solar system....
Old 09-30-04, 12:43 AM
Banned

Can somebody tell me what Godspeed is about?
Old 09-30-04, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

James please make some movies like you used to? Love the documentaries and all, but ... fiction isnt all bad ya know?
Old 09-30-04, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well there's no doubt he's working on something, at least planning it. What it is, no one really knows. 3D scifi with Harry Ford? Battle Angel Alita? Who knows, but I am pretty damn sure it's in the beginning stages, and it's supposed to be sci fi action, 3D more than likely, and he has been putting together some of the special effects people ahead of time.

And...for some reason, I'm sure if Cameron wants final cut, he'll get it. He did make that movie...you know, the one with the boat.
Old 09-30-04, 04:32 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, I've heard that Cameron has had an impossible time getting final cut. First of all, almost all of his films have been longer than what the studio required, which is why so many of his films have two or three cuts. Secondly, even though Titanic was huge, he went way overbudget and overschedule. If it hadn't made as much money as it did, he might never have worked on any big film ever again. Studio people are number crunchers. They don't like to take risks, especially big risks, even if the potential payoff is bigger. From an exec's point of view, if Cameron goes so far overboard (no pun intended) like he did on Titanic, and then the movie flops, the studio is screwed, and so is anyone who worked on the picture. Look at Heaven's Gate.
Old 09-30-04, 11:47 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

i call upon maverick to answer your question.

jim will make a new movie when he is god damn good and ready, you got that!
Old 11-19-04, 09:57 PM

So, this article points to an NPR interview where Jim states his next film will definately be Battle Angel, in 3D, with a CG main star. Sounds likes it's almost ready to go, with a summer start day.

All I can say is..took him long enough.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18859
Old 11-20-04, 01:03 AM

I know it wasn't a movie, but he was involved with Dark Angel for 2 seasons as well.
Old 11-20-04, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by SeanValen
I know it wasn't a movie, but he was involved with Dark Angel for 2 seasons as well.
Well, he's also been busy doing the Imax 3D stuff (Ghosts of the Abyss and Aliens of the Deep) but, I don't think most people really care about those or Dark Angel (he directed an episode of that too). We want a real movie! Well I do, and Cameron doing big budget sci-fi sounds just fine to me.
Old 11-20-04, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He should direct Spider Man 4. Give him a crack at the franchise since he was the original director lined up for it in the first place.
Old 11-20-04, 03:18 PM

Cameron's next FILM IS:

Battle Angel is based on the anime-manga Battle Angel Alita, which is about – what else – a cyborg girl who kicks ass. Cameron told NPR that pre-production has already begun on the project and that the main character will be created with CGI.

Also, the film will be in 3D – which Jim’s really into these days, I guess.

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/221/2/
Old 11-20-04, 04:30 PM

He first needs to find an actress to star in his next movie that he can leave his current wife for and marry.
Old 11-21-04, 01:40 AM

Yup I listened to the interview with him and he confirmed that Battle Angel is going to be his next movie. It's my most anticipated movie at the moment.