Veronica Mars - 09/28/04

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Veronica Mars - 09/28/04

"Credit Where Credit's Due"

Spoiler:
Veronica and Wallace launch an investigation when their new ally, Weevil, is arrested for stealing credit card applications from Logan's family.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III , Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Daran Norris, Kyle Secor, Amanda Seyfried, Brad Bufanda, Michael Muhney, Brandon Hillock, Aaron Ashmore, Wilmer Calderon, Irene Olga Lopez, Paris Hilton, Zadran Wali, Tina Molina, Seraina Jacqueline.
Director(s): Mark Piznarski.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Rob Thomas.

Original Airdate: September 28, 2004.
Old 09-28-04, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A guest appearance from Paris Hilton in week 2?

How sad. And to think I had such high hopes for this program.
Old 09-28-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And Tinkerbell (we can hope)!!!
Old 09-28-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I won't bother posting in the other thread, but I just caught up with the premiere episode last night.

I was really kind of caught off guard by the date rape section. I know it adds a layer to her character, but I'd rather they have left that out.
Old 09-28-04, 10:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Another solid episode.

The scenes with her father, her, and the sheriff are pretty funny.

Atleast they kept Paris Hilton to a small part of the show with very little dialouge and it looks like she'll be gone now
Old 09-28-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was also surprised and more than a little disturbed at the appearance of Paris Hilton, but it played out as a joke on her. She played a vapid, useless, slutty debutante, which is exactly what she is in real life.

I hope they don't reveal the murderer of Veronica's friend too soon, it's shaping up as very interesting.
Old 09-29-04, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really diggin' this show. Paris stuck out like a sore thumb since she looked so un-highschool, but her guest spot was pretty painless. It's definately a different kind of show (not so pandering), with two in the win column so far.

Those ads about it being the next buffy/cult type show are getting on my nerves though.
Old 09-29-04, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loved the episode. More chloe look-a-like action. the flash backs are getting good but I'm not sure how long they could let the unsolved murder last.
Old 09-29-04, 08:21 AM

I'm having a hard time reconciling the darker moments (tires getting slashed, motorcycle gang beatdown, pretending to be pregnant after a one nighter) with the sunnier parts of the show. I'll keep watching, but it can be a little slimy.

Anyone else having a hard time telling the male characters apart? Aside from the main bad guy, all the other kids look the same.

They should have Eric Stoltz guest star at some point if they're going to ripoff Some Kind of Wonderful every week.
Old 09-29-04, 11:47 AM

One more thing - anyone notice that one kid that was being nice to Veronica looked just like Iceman from the XMen movies? Apparently they are brothers.

They must be twins or something, at first I was thinking "Why is the guy from XMen slumming it in a UPN show?"
Old 09-29-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants

Anyone else having a hard time telling the male characters apart? Aside from the main bad guy, all the other kids look the same.

I was thinking that exact same thing. When the one guy came over to help Veronica with her tire, I thought, "Isn't that her ex-boyfriend? Why is he helping her?"
Old 09-29-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe they will be like Twin Peaks and wait until the middle of Season 2 to reveal the killer.
Old 09-30-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One more thing - anyone notice that one kid that was being nice to Veronica looked just like Iceman from the XMen movies? Apparently they are brothers.

They must be twins or something, at first I was thinking "Why is the guy from XMen slumming it in a UPN show?"
I though he was Bobby Drake. Weird.

Yeah the guys on the show are really vanilla.

One problem I have with the show is this - if this is supposed to be the equivalent of Beverly Hills Highschool (where only the rich & privaledged kids go) then why does the motorcycle gang go there? I know in the first ep Veronica said the only kids that go there are the kids of the rich or the kids of the people that work for the rich, but I still have issues with that. Like someone making 24k a year would live in the same district as somebody pulling down 24 mill a year.

And I like how the show mixes light and dark. Gives it a unique feel.
Old 09-30-04, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Kids get bus'ed into schools now a days. Good ol' roe vs wade and Brown vs. Board of Education making it so that schools are as diverseed as possible. So it's not to much of a stretch to have all those groups in the same school.
Old 09-30-04, 08:36 AM

I'm thinking of the town as more of a Wild Things area, as opposed to a Beverly Hills. In Wild Things, they had mansions but still had room for Neve Campbell's trailer.

OT, I was watching an episode of The Shield, and who should appear playing the gf of a gangbanger? Yep, Kristin Bell. The creepy thing is, her character was raped on this show too.
Old 09-30-04, 02:08 PM

We should probably enjoy this show while it lasts.

From Zap2It.com:

UPN had a tough first week. The netlet's best was "WWE Smackdown!" at No. 77 with a 3.2/5. Premieres of the network's Monday and Tuesday comedies were tepid and neither "America's Next Top Model" (2.6/4, 85th) nor "Veronica Mars" (1.8/3, No. 103) found any immediate traction.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|90942|1|,00.html
Old 09-30-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OT, I was watching an episode of The Shield, and who should appear playing the gf of a gangbanger? Yep, Kristin Bell. The creepy thing is, her character was raped on this show too.
I only recently figured out that she played Flora on Deadwood. Her character didn't get raped, but beat up pretty badly.

Every so often, when I look at Kristen Bell on this show I think she looks like Anya from Buffy.

She actually grew up a few miles from here, so the media was making a big deal when this show started. The news showed her parents having a big party the night of the premiere. That'd be weird watching your daughter on TV pretending to be raped.
Old 09-30-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

We should probably enjoy this show while it lasts.

From Zap2It.com:

UPN had a tough first week. The netlet's best was "WWE Smackdown!" at No. 77 with a 3.2/5. Premieres of the network's Monday and Tuesday comedies were tepid and neither "America's Next Top Model" (2.6/4, 85th) nor "Veronica Mars" (1.8/3, No. 103) found any immediate traction.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|90942|1|,00.html

FUCK!
Old 09-30-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jadzia
I only recently figured out that she played Flora on Deadwood. Her character didn't get raped, but beat up pretty badly.
I forgot about that.

And she was "the girl" in David Mamet's SPARTAN.
Old 09-30-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

UPN has a good little dark show here - hope it doesn't go the way of Jake 2.0.
Old 10-01-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got a chance to watch the second episode. Didn't really think it was as good as the first episode, but still very enjoyable. Veronica is a hottie
Old 10-01-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah...

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL THIS!
Old 10-04-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man I hope this show survives..just got to the second episode tonight. As for poor kids going to school with rich kids..the school I went to had people from every group you could imagine..unless it's a small school a school will have a large variety of kids.
Old 10-04-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never saw the movie but wasn't that the case with "The Slums of Beverly Hills"? I thought that was about a girl who lived in Beverly Hills but in a crappy motel or something because the family was poor.

I know here in Oakland County (Michigan) there are some extremely wealthy areas where the public schools are excellent, mainly because of the tax base from all the million dollar homes. The wealthy families in those communities demand that the school system be excellent so they don't need to send their kids to private schools.
Old 10-04-04, 12:50 AM

I would've thought a 1.8 was pretty much par for UPN.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.