Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

is there any change Lucas DIDN'T make, but you feel that he should have?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he should have gone back and done something about the dispicable Wookie racism.

Luke and Han both get
Spoiler:
medals after blowing up the Death Star
at the end of Episode IV, but Chewbacca doesn't?

That's bullshit.
Old 09-27-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts
I'd like it if they made luke's lightsaber one color throughout the movie in new hope. As far as changes to content hmm... nope can't think of anything.
Old 09-27-04, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I think that there is a change that should have been changed, so to speak.

Instead of having Greedo shoot first, I think he should have just committed suicide. Really. Greedo should have just sat down in the booth, complained to Han about how his job as a bounty hunter sucked, then pulled out his blaster and shot himself in the head. Maybe Lucas can make that change in the next revision.
Old 09-27-04, 09:04 PM

During the battle of Hoth, I would have liked the speeders the rebels flew, to have some sort of dashboard lights, instead of a blank empty panel.
Old 09-27-04, 09:19 PM

During the 'thermal detonator' part of Jabba's Palace, Boba Fett's antenna is on the LEFT side of his head.

It is supposed to be on the RIGHT side.

Hoping this gets fixed by 2007.
Old 09-27-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have liked to see the Biggs scenes and the Wampa scenes, and maybee the sandstorm too.
Old 09-28-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
There's a scene where Luke and Owen are buying the droids that has driven me crazy for years. After R5-D4 blows his motivator, we get a shot of R2-D2 turning his head and R5-D4 is standing right next to him in the background (although he's already been taken away at this point!). It's a repeat of an earlier shot of R2 turning his head. I wish Lucasfilm would digitally remove R5 in the background!
Old 09-28-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's another continuity error that he could probably have fixed. The first pic is the scene with the infamous door where the stormtrooper clunks his head. The reverse shot has the door a few inches higher than it was originally.

Old 09-28-04, 11:51 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fix Lukes lightsaber color in ANH to make it consistent.

Touch up the lightsabers during the Vader/Obi-wan battle.

Redo the effects inside the rebel base in ROTJ right before they leave for the death star attack. The Falcon and rest of the background are a matte painting and doesn't look realistic at all.
Old 09-28-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would love to see a version where all the models, puppets, and matted paintings all removed with CGI. It would be cool to see a "what if.." CGI was in full strenght then...

Plus it would give people more to bitch about.
Old 09-28-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts
I can't believe no one has mentioned taking out the "Tarzan Yell" done by Chewbacca in Return of the Jedi. One of the truly awful scenes that I despise.
Old 09-28-04, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't watched Return of the Jedi yet, but I never liked that little glob of whatever it was on the Emporer's hood. You know what I'm talking about, it's like a big black worm floating there. Of all the things not to fix how did he say "Yeah that really doesn't look too bad".
Old 09-28-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It always bothered me that the rebel's Death Star plans were incorrect in A New Hope. The round part for the primary weapon is much lower than it should be. I was suprised when they didn't fix this in 1997. Then Attack of the Clones rolls around which takes place 20 years prior and the plans were perfect so I was certain they would just throw those versions in for the new release. Of course, they still remain incorrect.
Old 09-29-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

Redo the effects inside the rebel base in ROTJ right before they leave for the death star attack. The Falcon and rest of the background are a matte painting and doesn't look realistic at all.
I believe this is because they didn't rebuild the full-size Falcon model after Empire...just the cockpit part. They did touch this up in the new edition so it doesn't look so obvious - removing some lines around the actors.
Old 09-29-04, 12:15 PM
Retired

Yeah, but the background still looks like crap. They should just cg it and be done. Matte paintings don't work when the background is that close and that large.
Old 09-29-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mjlukich
Instead of having Greedo shoot first, I think he should have just committed suicide. Really. Greedo should have just sat down in the booth, complained to Han about how his job as a bounty hunter sucked, then pulled out his blaster and shot himself in the head. Maybe Lucas can make that change in the next revision.
Old 09-29-04, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
There's a scene where Luke and Owen are buying the droids that has driven me crazy for years. After R5-D4 blows his motivator, we get a shot of R2-D2 turning his head and R5-D4 is standing right next to him in the background (although he's already been taken away at this point!). It's a repeat of an earlier shot of R2 turning his head. I wish Lucasfilm would digitally remove R5 in the background!
I noticed this for the first time when I watched the movie on Tuesday. Strange I hadn't seen it before, but yeah, it's pretty sloppy.
Old 09-29-04, 08:35 PM

There's a scene in Empire Strikes Back that was changed, but not completely.

It's the scene in Cloud City where Lando leads Han into the trap by Darth Vader.

They walk by the wall and it is changed to add the window and the moving elevators. They open the door and Vader is inside.

When the Stormtroopers show up and they are in the background, the window scene is now the way it was before the window was digitally added. It's exactly the same as in the Pre-97 version.
Old 09-29-04, 08:53 PM
Cool New Member

He should have updated the end titles and the copyright dates on all of the films.

Neil
Old 09-29-04, 11:05 PM

In ANH, before Luke's "What a piece of junk!" line, we see the Falcon in the docking bay, and clearly, they only built one side of the full-size ship on the set. radar dish? Nope, not there. They could have added this digitally, but haven't yet.

Yes, please remove the extra R5-D4 droid shot in ANH. And flip the Boba Fett show in JEDI in Jabba's palace with the visor sighting thing on the wrong side. Actually, there is at least one flipped shot in each movie. Why Lucas does this, I don't know...

Flip the R2-D2 shot when the heros are stepping off the Rebel transport in the Yavin base, just before the next shot of R2 getting plugged up to download the Death Star plans.

They missed those flipped shots, but DID fix the Imperial insignias in that one flipped shot at the end of EMPIRE.

I usually catch these thing on the first viewing, and they drive me crazy.

There's on in the first Spiderman film: Peter looking up at MY on the balcony during the street parade. Peter's hair is parted on the wrong side for just one show.
Old 09-30-04, 08:38 AM
Banned

They should have digitally erased that guy to the left of the screen in the greenish shirt whose back you see walking on the Falcon, obviously a crewmember. It's the very first shot after the stormtroopers see the Falcon fly away from Mos Eisley (55:41). It never bothered me that much before but now the picture is so pristine it's annoying as hell.
Old 09-30-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Captain Harlock
I haven't watched Return of the Jedi yet, but I never liked that little glob of whatever it was on the Emporer's hood. You know what I'm talking about, it's like a big black worm floating there. Of all the things not to fix how did he say "Yeah that really doesn't look too bad".
I didn't notice this on the new DVDs and I was actively looking for it. Is it there still? I will review it again.

One thing I hate is when Luke takes the shuttle as the DS2 is exploding and flies out the hangar, the flame that follow the shuttle looks cheesy. I also think that there needs to be consistent effort in fixing the sabers in ANH. Fix Luke's, Ben's and Vader's. The pop up TIEs in the DS2 battle need fixing too.

And there is also Jedi Rocks....
Old 09-30-04, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Qui Gon Jim
I didn't notice this on the new DVDs and I was actively looking for it. Is it there still?
The one time it's very noticeable is the shot with the two sabres across the screen and Palpatine cackling in the middle. It's like they left the Slug in there for that one shot for ol' time's sake.
Old 09-30-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I vote for the removal of the R5 error and coloring Chewies feet when he swings on the vine with the ewoks.
Old 10-01-04, 02:13 PM

Well besides Chewwie not getting a medal in ANH I thought it was also odd that Wedge got left out in the cold as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.