Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Jeremiah - the conclusion of 2nd season, thought?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoilers ahead if you've not seen the remaining episodes.

I am glad it ended without a cliff-hanger. I was quite afraid that it would end in a way that would drive everyone crazy wondering what happened next. I still want to know what happens next, but at least it did reach a sort of conclusion.

It still leaves open whether God talks to Mr Smith or if he's insane, I was hoping that that would be resolved. ALthough with the "miraculous" healing of his arm, maybe that was the proof of it being really God. I lean toward it being God/supreme being talking to him, because IIRC he was always right in what he said, and the chance of that if he was just insane seems negligable. I liked that his daughter now hears God (and that his part of the deal is that he gets daily updates on her).

And it appears that the traitor from last season (can't remember his name, the former security guy) is really trustworthy. It was interesting how many trust scenarios were built into the last eps (and how many times it was pointed out).

I hope the DVDs come out soon, so I can delete the eps from my Tivo.

What do others think of the long awaited ending of Jeremiah?
Old 10-06-04, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jeremiah - the conclusion of 2nd season, thought?

I liked it. The first part of the finale was much more explosive. It ended well, but I was expecting to see Jeremiah's father at least one more time (like when the radio was being jammed and they couldn't figure out what happened to it).

Originally posted by datagirl7

It still leaves open whether God talks to Mr Smith or if he's insane, I was hoping that that would be resolved. ALthough with the "miraculous" healing of his arm, maybe that was the proof of it being really God. I lean toward it being God/supreme being talking to him, because IIRC he was always right in what he said, and the chance of that if he was just insane seems negligable. I liked that his daughter now hears God (and that his part of the deal is that he gets daily updates on her).
I thought this was implying God's more active role in the world, and thus he would talk to anyone else he has 'touched'...but then again I bought into the idea that it was God's doing that so many child prodigies were born in such a small area.

Originally posted by datagirl7

And it appears that the traitor from last season (can't remember his name, the former security guy) is really trustworthy. It was interesting how many trust scenarios were built into the last eps (and how many times it was pointed out).
This was probably my favorite part of the second season, I just thought that the whole "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations worked out really well for both Li and Smith (especially Smith).