Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

problem with my new tv picture.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-04, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tv is starting to show a ghosting image. The lines in the picture are on the sides of the screen as shown in the very bad drawing. Can someone help? Its a Panasonic 32sl14. I went back to the store and the model on the floor did not do this. Its a faint fingerprint looking pattern. can someone help?

Last edited by kingsleytim; 09-23-04 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-24-04, 09:11 AM

can anyone offer some suggestions? i see many viewings yet no replies. I have removed all electrical devices nearby and ghosting still exists. Is the shielding on the speakers bad?
Old 09-24-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by kingsleytim
can anyone offer some suggestions? i see many viewings yet no replies. I have removed all electrical devices nearby and ghosting still exists. Is the shielding on the speakers bad?
Do you have speakers close to the sides of the tv? Are there color changes on the screen as well as wavy lines? If not then it might be a ground loop/rf problem with dimmer switches, other electronics etc.
Old 09-24-04, 06:08 PM

There are shielded speakers nearby, however the problem persists if i move them away. And there is no discoloration. Its just a series of wavey lines.
Old 09-25-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by kingsleytim
There are shielded speakers nearby, however the problem persists if i move them away. And there is no discoloration. Its just a series of wavey lines.
Then it is either a bad tv or some other type of electrical intereference from lights, dimmers, etc.
Old 09-26-04, 12:25 PM

The tv does sit by a window but any other electrical device is not near by. COuld it be the placement of the tv itself? Oh yeah i had it replaced once already and the new one does the same thing.
Old 09-26-04, 12:35 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
At least move the set and turn it 90° from the direction it faces now. The problem could be wiring in the walls or floor or even the van de Graf generator or cyclotron one of your neighbors uses.