Search this Thread

Old 09-22-04, 01:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
CSI: New York - series premiere 9/22

"Blink", Episode #101.
Spoiler:
The body of a woman leaves clues to a serial killer who imprisons his victims, and Detectives Taylor and Flack's team must piece together the evidence with the help of one who survived but can communicate only by blinking.

Been looking forward to this. On paper this show has the best cast of the 3 CSI's IMO, slightly ahead of LV and by a huge margin over Miami.

Should be interesting to see which wins between this and Law & Order.
Old 09-22-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Dropped Miami. One CSI is enough for me.
Old 09-22-04, 09:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm going to give this one a try for awhile, but based on Miami (and actually how the original was last season) I'm not expecting much.
Old 09-22-04, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very much looking forward to this one, great cast - Gary Sinise and Hill Harper....and the big city offers so much in terms of compelling episodes, at least there's the potential.
Old 09-22-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
oh yeah. thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-22-04, 11:29 AM

Looking forward to this CSI in a New York setting....but this Blink episode sounds a little rediculous written out, but I guess I'll see how it plays out.
Old 09-22-04, 11:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Looking forward to it.
Old 09-22-04, 02:25 PM

CSI:NY cast member Vanessa Ferlito was Claudia the dealer's wife in last season's 24, the most sensual newcomer I've seen in a long time.

From the CBS page:
"Rounding out the team is Aiden Burn (Vanessa Ferlito), a smart and sexy investigator whose chameleon-like behavior allows her to adapt to any situation at any time."

I am so there to find out what "chameleon-like behavior" will be besides hot outfits.
Old 09-22-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by Sparrow
Very much looking forward to this one, great cast - Gary Sinise and Hill Harper....
The two reasons I'm watching this show (I don't watch the other two CSI's). I'm crossing my fingers that the show will be good.
Old 09-22-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question: how important is it for me to watch the crossover episode of csi:miami, before starting this one?
Old 09-22-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by cliffzig
question: how important is it for me to watch the crossover episode of csi:miami, before starting this one?

I don't think it's that important. Personally, I like to jump into a series after they've done the introductions because then all of the exposition is out of the way and we can cut right to the chase.

Gary Sinise is one of my favorite actors, so I will definitely be watching this one.
Old 09-22-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ack! Can't stand Claw-dia from "24".

The white/blue tint is pretty brutal on the actors.

Melina Kanakaredes looks like Sarah Jessica Parker with brown hair in some scenes.

So far, the recreations of the past crimes are a little more dramatic and spooky than either of the other 2 CSI's.

This show feels more like a film than an episodic show.

Last edited by Patman; 09-22-04 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-22-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This CSI seems as if it's a bit darker than the other two.

Sinise is a good actor, but I don't really care for the other characters. Kanakeredes cannot hold a candle to Helgenberg, and the rest of the team seems a little obnoxious for my taste.

Overall a good show, but it really feels more like a series being made of Seven right now.
Old 09-22-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I feel like I need to take a shower after watching this series premiere episode, it was just really gritty and grimey.
Old 09-22-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Patman
Ack! Can't stand Claw-dia from "24".

Melina Kanakaredes looks like Sarah Jessica Parker with brown hair in some scenes.
'nessa doesn't bother me in the LEAST. Love those lips.

Melina, on the other hand, I will FOREVER loathe as the woman responsible for cancelling Homicide.

That said, the show wasn't that bad...not enough SUNGLASSES though..
Old 09-22-04, 10:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Decent premiere. I agree that this is much darker than the other two, but that's not at all a bad thing. It needs to differentiate itself, so that and having a more character-driven lead with Sinise are to its advantage.
Old 09-22-04, 10:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was a solid premiere. I liked the darker feel.

I could have done without them having Mac's wife dying on 9/11. I thought it just got sappy at that point. That speech he gave in the hospital was almost as bad as Leslie Bibb's on Line of Fire last year.
Old 09-23-04, 12:51 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
the shows I hate are ones where there is a coma victim to whom the Lead talks.

Not impressed so far.

Poor opening ep. imho.
Old 09-23-04, 01:15 AM
Banned

I like it more then CSI Miami, its alot darker, which is a good thing because its not a rehash.
Old 09-23-04, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The white/blue tint is pretty brutal on the actors
yeah getting really tired of the color tint tricks being done on shows now.. I think when it was first done in was a neat look, but now too many shows are doing it and what once was a new look it getting very, very tired and played out..

As for the show, I really like the darker vibe that set it apart from the other CSI shows, zero jokes, at least in this ep...

Everything, at least about this ep (who knows in later shows) was of a dark mood.. People framed against dark back grounds, low to no light and the whole tone was moody.. Very much like a film vs a tv show as others have mentioned. Not sure if it will find a market with many people looking for another CSI show, being it could be thought of depressing if one is does not like that sort of heavy vibe for a TV show..

Gary Sinise is of course as good as most everyone expected him to be in the role and that alone will have me watching more eps..
Old 09-23-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The white/blue tint is pretty brutal on the actors.

Thank You!! I agree 100% You get no benifit in HD because of the tint - there is no detail to see. I stoped watching Miami because they did the yellow tint. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with this.

I'm going to stay loyal to CSI Vegas because of the non-tint.

And Why did they have to work 9-11 into this?
Old 09-23-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I liked it, the show had a couple of wrinkles to add to the CSI tool bag. When they took a picture, you got to see the picture, in CSI LV usually you do not see the pics.

Sinise was great, he will carry this show on his back and make it watchable. The rets of the cast the jury is still out
Old 09-23-04, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, who played Klaw-dia? I don't watch 24 that often.
Old 09-23-04, 09:14 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Next morning, more gripes from me.

Mack should not be the one taking the pictures, he's the lead CSI, someone else should be processing.

I agree with the blue, the young guy was in friends as Rachels toyboy Tag, and in this he looks about 45 with the lighting.

It's just too nitty gritty, I honestly don't know how long I'll last with this. In both Vegas and Miami, they at least try to infuse either some humor, or they have some characters who are humorous.
Old 09-23-04, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Note to self: tape L&O and watch CSI:NY live - the latter does not go over well at 9am with the morning cereal. Since I don't watch the other CSI's I can't comment on the darker feel but it certainly was rather gritty. The blue tint didn't bother me at all, in fact, I thought the opening shots with Sinise in the church were rather stunning. Could have lived without the dead wife speech in the hospital but other than that it was a solid premiere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.