Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sex and the City season 1-5 set question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex and the City season 1-5 set question

I ordered seasons 1-5 of Sex and the City for my girlfriends birthday from Amazon. They haven't arrived yet and her birthday is tomorrow! My question is, is this set just the 5 individual seasons in one set? I ask this because I want to go out tonight to a local retailer and buy the 5 sets so that I have it to give to her tomorrow. Then when the set comes in the mail, I want to return the individual seasons to the local retailer. Got it?

So in if the 1-5 multi set is indeed just the 5 individual sets, are they also EACH individually shrink wrapped?

It's going to cost me about $250 locally as opposed to $160 from amazon so you understand why I want to do this.

Thanks!

-J
Old 09-20-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, the sets are sold individually. Whether you will be able to find them like that though, I'm not sure.

I bought these for my g/f (she's now my wife), and if you want to give her something to keep her occupied, this is the best gift in the world! She loves them, and she can't wait for the final set to come out in December.
Old 09-20-04, 09:09 PM

Sorry let me rephrase.

I ordered the season 1-5 gift set from amazon. I cannot find the gift set locally, only the individual sets.

Are the sets within the gift set wrapped individually? When thegift set comes, I want to open the OUTER wrap, hoping that each individual season is wrapped separately so I can return them individually (which is how I will have to buy them locally in order to have them for tomorrow).

-J
Old 09-20-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If you reall had to, you could always print her out the Information Page from the set on amazon, and wrap that for her. I had to do that once.
Old 09-21-04, 04:36 AM

To the best of my knowledge, these sets are individually wrapped and are just bundled together. I don't believe that they have multiple sets repackaged as "one" package.
Old 09-21-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd go with critterdvd's suggestion - if the set arrives and each season is not individually wrapped, you are screwed.
Old 09-21-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Get her something else and then give her this for Christmas:

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-21-04 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nefarious, isn't that shoebox set R2? It's a thing of beauty!
Old 09-24-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes it is I guess if you have a region-free player though you could still get it. It's a very slick set and hopefully they bring something like that to the U.S. If they do they'll probably wait until -next- Christmas so they can sell as many individual sets as possible.
Old 09-24-04, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by reubs82
I bought these for my g/f (she's now my wife), and if you want to give her something to keep her occupied, this is the best gift in the world! She loves them, and she can't wait for the final set to come out in December.
AGREED! These sets are like the ONLY DVD's that my wife will take off the shelf and watch OVER AND OVER! It amazes me how much she watches these, and sometimes she'll watch a whole season in a day if! She never touches any of the other DVD's I have bought for her.
Old 09-24-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally posted by Daytona24
AGREED! These sets are like the ONLY DVD's that my wife will take off the shelf and watch OVER AND OVER! It amazes me how much she watches these, and sometimes she'll watch a whole season in a day if! She never touches any of the other DVD's I have bought for her.
We must share the same wife. Exactly the same thing at my house.