Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help identifying this movie please!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Takes place sort of in the future but not the hi tech future most movies envision. These people live in an apt. bldg. and nobody goes out at night for fear of people that live in the sewer system. The main character was a clown with a monkey who would be on tv (they had B&W tv's). The entire movie really takes place in the apt. bldg., except when someone in the bldg. gives the people in the sewer corn or grain. At one point in the movie the main character and girl lock themselves in the bathroom and turn on all the water to flood the room. When the bldg. owner (I guess) finally gets the door open water floods the place and he is killed by some sort of metal boomerange or something that is thrown at him. I think the bldg. owner was a cannibal as well. The end of the movie was the guy and girl on the rooftop of the bldg. playing instruments.

It's a pretty strange movie for sure and surely not popular..I believe I saw it on HBO or some off brand movie channel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ray
Old 09-20-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Delicatessen
Old 09-20-04, 03:25 PM

Thanks Jason

You're a genius. I have no idea how you found out or remembered it from my super description, but thank you. Now just have to go out and find it.

Thank you very much.
Old 09-20-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
It's by the same Director as City of Lost Children and Amelie, which if you haven't seen yet are also worth checking out.
Old 09-20-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Genius? Thanks, but I'm more like an idiot savant.
Old 09-20-04, 03:35 PM

Are the two movies mentioned sort of like Delicatessen, meaning are they strange and 'out there'? I think I saw City of Lost Children at the video store, the cover has a boy with some sort of metal collander on his head (ok, it's not a collander).
Old 09-20-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Yes, they're both out there. Only COLC is futurisitc and dark like Delicatessen, and Amelie is very cute and whimsical. A great movie to watch with the ladies.