Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Which was your favorite Filthy Seadog Silent Hill game?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Which is your fav Silent Hill game?
Silent Hill 1
33.33%
Silent Hill 2
66.67%
Silent Hill 3
0%
Silent Hill 4 : The Room
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which was your favorite Filthy Seadog Silent Hill game?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which was your favorite Silent Hill game?

So with Silent Hill 4 recently released, which one of the 4 would you say is your favorite....
Old 09-19-04, 01:50 PM

IMO Silent Hill 2 is the best of the series. Part 1 was good, but part 2 was like being in a horror movie. And the soundtrack was amazing and so were the characters.
Old 09-19-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

IMO...Silent Hill 1 was the best...the others came along and gave us more of the same although with better graphics.
Old 09-19-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Silent Hill 1 was the only one I played all the way through so I voted for it.
Old 09-19-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only played Silent Hill 1...scared the crap out of me. Never got around to playing the other ones.
Old 09-20-04, 02:40 PM

Since 2 is the one that I got the furthest in, I'll say 2. I loved the atmosphere of the game. It really got under your skin

On a related note, Roger Avary is talking about SH the movie:

http://www.avary.com/rogeravary/journal/journal.php

Silent Hill, Silent Hill, Silent Hill...my life is consumed by it. The soundtrack to Silent Hill 2, the graphic novel, fan art, and of course, the games. I'm mostly spending the evenings re-playing Silent Hill 2 (my favorite of the series) on my French PS2, and then watching various DVDs that Christophe suggests are similar to the Silent Hill feel. Then, every morning at 10AM, a car picks me up from my apartment in St.-Germain-des-Pres to deliver me to the palatial offices of Samuel Hadida (which we call KGB Central) where Christophe and I feverishly work alongside each other. We have the entire 4th Floor production suite to ourselves. Christophe is obsessed with all sorts of obscure Italian soundtracks, which we listen to (along with the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack and heavy doses of Serge Gainsbourg) while we write. We've had a game system brought into the office so that we can take breaks to play. Usually, around 1PM we go out for a typical French lunch, usually accompanied by a gathering of French cinephiles that seem to creep out of the woodwork. After two or more hours of heated discussions of who is the Godfather about, exactly, Pacino or Brando (or some other tangential topic, like which recent American directors are the cinematic descendents of Claude Lelouche), we wander back to the office and finish off some more pages. I've eaten more bread, and drank more nuclear coffee in the last 10 days than I have in the last year. By night, I'm back to my little apartment -- typically French, with beams in the ceiling and creaky wood floors -- to continue trolling the Silent Hill universe for hidden clues. This may just be the best writing experience I've ever had.

Okay, one thing: WOULD YOU FREAKING SILENT HILL FANS PLEASE STOP SENDING ME YOUR SCRIPTS! I delete them without reading them, and it's getting a little absurd. I mean, does everyone who plays this game write a script immediately after finishing?! And please, stop asking me if I'm as obsessed with this game as you are. The answer is, NO, I'm not. But Christophe Gans IS. I'm just writing down his interpretations and visions. I appreciate the concerns, and I'm happy to know what your favorite moments of the game are -- but please, relax a little. It's going to be a fantastic filmic experience -- Christophe is too obsessed with it for it not to be. Have faith.
My interest is piqued.
Old 09-20-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ahhh a silent hill movie, I just creamed my jeans.....now i just hope they dont ruin it like they did with resident evil 2. and by the way..who the hell changed my post and added "filthy seadog" to it!?!?!?!