DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Many Blockbuster Mistakes

meharry2003
09-18-04, 02:24 AM
As all ready posted Blockbuster has SCTV Season 2 for $23.99 but there's more...

Looney Tunes Volume 2: $29.99
Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition: $26.99

I'm sure there's more...I haven't had the chance to look anything else up. But, here's a suggestion. Order them before hand and pay for them in full. That way, they have to give them to you when they get them in and the price goes up.

AudioWizard
09-18-04, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by meharry2003
As all ready posted Blockbuster has SCTV Season 2 for $23.99 but there's more...

I'm sure there's more...I haven't had the chance to look anything else up. But, here's a suggestion. Order them before hand and pay for them in full. That way, they have to give them to you when they get them in and the price goes up.

Is the Looney Tunes the 4 disk edition?

sumdeus
09-18-04, 11:51 AM
Is there any way to search these prices or pre-order on-line?

asianxcore
09-18-04, 11:56 AM
where are you finding these prices?

Applejack
09-18-04, 12:22 PM
By Friday the 13th ultimate edition, are you talking about the From Crystal Lake to Manhattan thing?

I haven't heard about an ultimate edition.

jrc123
09-18-04, 01:15 PM
Went to 2 Blockbusters on the north side of Indy.

One "didn't have a date" and the other said it was 59.99.

Brent L
09-18-04, 01:17 PM
I asked two Blockbusters and they told me the prices aren't even in their computers yet for these items.

bigt7117
09-18-04, 01:35 PM
I think this guy is making this stuff up because its nowhere in there system!!!!!!!!

gameover2k2
09-18-04, 02:22 PM

is there any other boxset being price like these? how is seinfeld boxset or Matrix, that would be great...

Baytroll
09-18-04, 02:48 PM
I just came back from placing my order for Friday the 13th UE. No problems, paid $27.19 (owe a doller at delivery). Thanks OP.

Matthew Chmiel
09-18-04, 05:10 PM
EDIT: Take that back.

Just went to the Blockbuster down the street from me, and they ordered me a copy of the Friday the 13th: UE. Price came out (after tax and what not) to $29. Not bad for a set that retails $89.99!

MahatmaPetey
09-18-04, 06:34 PM
holy shit, when i get paid on tuesday i might have to go to blockbuster and order that F13th set.

Brent L
09-18-04, 07:42 PM
Well, I just got a local BBV to do this for me also for the 13th set. I've already paid in full, and I have the debit card reciept, the main reciept, and then I also requested a copy of a "special order form" in case they had to order it like that for me.

Total: $28.34

thelwig14
09-18-04, 07:59 PM
Is this a nostalgia buy or did some of these age well?

Brent L
09-18-04, 08:06 PM
Are you talking about the 13th set? If so, I'm just a fan of the films. It'll look perfect sitting right next to my Nightmare collection!

Brent L
09-18-04, 08:08 PM
We all need to ask and see what other deals BBV have for us, heh. When I was in the store earlier I asked about Seinfeld, and they were all priced "normally". They have the gift set listed as $119!

thelwig14
09-18-04, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I was just under the impression a lot of them were not watchable. I am glad everyone is getting hooked up with this price though.

CaseyB
09-18-04, 08:27 PM
I went to Blcokbuster and the cashier had me come behind the counter to find the Looney Tunes set on his computer. I was willing to pay but he said I'd have to join and get a card in order to pay now. So I'm not sure I'll get it for that price, even though he wrote down $29.99 on the special order slip.
I'd also like the Friday the 13th set, but I want the extra disc from Best Buy. :) Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Brent L
09-18-04, 08:29 PM
Yeah, they also told me that I had to be a member to buy. I already am though, so that was no problem for me. Why didn't you just become a member really quick in order to go ahead and pay to makre sure you get the Tunes set at that price?

MahatmaPetey
09-18-04, 08:42 PM
bah. the blockbuster on lincoln wouldn't let me preorder it. the manager said they don't do preorders, but the price of 26.99 was in their computers. I guess i need to find another one somewhere...boolsheet.

hellmutt
09-18-04, 08:57 PM
Anyone ask about the matrix box set, by any chance?

Brent L
09-18-04, 09:02 PM
They couldn't find that one in their computers.

hellmutt
09-18-04, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BrentLumkin
They couldn't find that one in their computers.

Rats! Guess I won't cancel my Amazon pre-order ;)

MahatmaPetey
09-18-04, 10:12 PM
ahhhhh just preordered mine at the Venice store for 29.91.

Brent L
09-18-04, 10:14 PM
What other sets like this are coming out soon that we should ask about?

gameover2k2
09-18-04, 11:29 PM
I really wanna know about Matrix and Seinfeld.. too bad.. Seinfeld is at $120. that's way too much.. what about Lord of the Ring?

Brent L
09-18-04, 11:37 PM
The extended Return of the King isn't even in the system yet I don't think.

CaseyB
09-19-04, 01:34 AM
Yeah, they also told me that I had to be a member to buy. I already am though, so that was no problem for me. Why didn't you just become a member really quick in order to go ahead and pay to makre sure you get the Tunes set at that price?

Well, as strange as this may sound...my ID expired a few years ago...and I never got a new one. I just figured it would be like pre-ordering at the Disney Store and you just hold on to the receipt. I'm pretty sure my mother has a membership so I'll just ask her to do it under her card. :)

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-19-04, 03:47 AM
Are you sure? I have gone for years, and moved across the country a couple of times, without using my BBV card, but it has never expired.

darkside
09-19-04, 03:55 AM
Mine expired at my local store. I hadn't rented in about two years and my account was gone when I tried using it a week or two ago.

BTW, my local BB wasn't much help in ordering some of these deals. I'll try again with a different employee on duty. The girl there acted like it was impossible to look up anything.

iamOrokoSaki
09-19-04, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by MahatmaPetey
bah. the blockbuster on lincoln wouldn't let me preorder it. the manager said they don't do preorders, but the price of 26.99 was in their computers. I guess i need to find another one somewhere...boolsheet.

That's bullshit, I work at blockbuster...go back, and say you'd like to "special order" the item, if again you're given a "imtoofuckingstupidtobeworkinghere" response, smack them and let me know -- I'll find a way to help you out. Just so you guys know, a nice way to double dip on this, as they are now trading in dvd's would be to take up your crap titles to the store, as long as it's listed in the BB database (the majority of films are), they'll give you $5 per movie. Oh, and if you happen to see that manager again, ask them if they have a "Preorder" button on their keyboard, tell them an employee from another store mentioned it to you, and if their keyboard and or systems are set up the same, god willing I would think so, it should be located around the F3 key. Don't do preorders my ass.

Rogue588
09-19-04, 05:36 AM
anybody have any item numbers..?

[trying to make it as EASY as possible for the ...ahem...clerk...]

DvDtakesallmy$
09-19-04, 11:54 AM
Just tried about five blockbusters this morning. All cashiers told me Friday the 13th Ultimate set is $69.99. I think Blockbuster may have caught on to the price error and changed things. If anyone has gotten this deal around atlanta please tell me at which location. Good luck to everyone in other states!!

Duke Nukeum
09-19-04, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by CaseyB
I went to Blcokbuster and the cashier had me come behind the counter to find the Looney Tunes set on his computer. I was willing to pay but he said I'd have to join and get a card in order to pay now. So I'm not sure I'll get it for that price, even though he wrote down $29.99 on the special order slip.
I'd also like the Friday the 13th set, but I want the extra disc from Best Buy. :) Thanks for the heads up, OP!

What do you mean? You mean Best Buy has a extra disk that is only availible at Best Buy? And I don't get this pre order thing with Block Buster? You mean the Friday The 13th Boxset will come in early or will it come in on the same time as everybody else?

Come Get Some! Duke Nukeum

SoonerDoc
09-19-04, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DvDtakesallmy$
Just tried about five blockbusters this morning. All cashiers told me Friday the 13th Ultimate set is $69.99. I think Blockbuster may have caught on to the price error and changed things. If anyone has gotten this deal around atlanta please tell me at which location. Good luck to everyone in other states!!

in okla city this morning 69.99 also.....is this deal dead?

Brent L
09-19-04, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Rogue588
anybody have any item numbers..?

[trying to make it as EASY as possible for the ...ahem...clerk...]

Blockbuster Part # - 901863

MFG Part # - 52334

kurupt
09-19-04, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately, the deal is dead in my area as well (east tenn.). Congrats to those who got in.

Brent L
09-19-04, 12:40 PM
I can't believe this deal is already dead at some places, if not all. I'll call a local Blockbuster and see if it died here also.

DJ_Longfellow
09-19-04, 12:57 PM
Darn...I was going to stop in tomorrow since I had some games to trade in.....oh well, I'll wait on the Friday 13th set

Space_Monkey
09-19-04, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by DvDtakesallmy$
Just tried about five blockbusters this morning. All cashiers told me Friday the 13th Ultimate set is $69.99.

I was told $69.99 here in Rochester, NY this morning... so the deal's dead here too.

CaseyB
09-19-04, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Duke Nukeum
What do you mean? You mean Best Buy has a extra disk that is only availible at Best Buy? And I don't get this pre order thing with Block Buster? You mean the Friday The 13th Boxset will come in early or will it come in on the same time as everybody else?

Come Get Some! Duke Nukeum

At Best Buy they're going to have an exclusive disc included with the set. I think it's about 30 minutes and it was shot at a convention with a Q&A with all the people who played Jason through the years.

Blockbuster made a mistake on the price so people are paying for them now so they'll get a good deal. They won't get them any quicker, it just guarentees you get it at that price. :)

CaseyB
09-19-04, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Are you sure? I have gone for years, and moved across the country a couple of times, without using my BBV card, but it has never expired.

No, I meant I didn't have a driver's license or identification card. The clerk said I'd need and ID and utility bill to get a Blockbuster card. Sorry for the confusion. :)

meharry2003
09-19-04, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bigt7117
I think this guy is making this stuff up because its nowhere in there system!!!!!!!!

UH....I don't think so. I work at Blockbuster, okay? And those things are in our system. I don't make things up okay? In fact, I'll check again tonight when I go to work.

And yes the Looney Tunes is the four disc one. And yes Friday the 13th is the box set that comes out on the 5th.

EDIT:

I just read some more and saw that people got the deal, but now it seems the price has changed to $69.99. I will totally check tonight and hopefully it isn't. And if it isn't I will pre-order it at a different Blockbuster, closer to my house. But, SCTV Season 1 is still $29.99 in our system as of this past Tuesday. And SCTV Season 2 is still $23.99. So hopefully it will stay that way long enough for me to order it. I'll check Seinfeld and Matrix. I'm hoping that the Twilight Zone sets are gonna do this too! But they're not in the system yet.

sumdeus
09-19-04, 02:56 PM
UH....I don't think so. I work at Blockbuster, okay? And those things are in our system. I don't make things up okay? In fact, I'll check again tonight when I go to work.

And yes the Looney Tunes is the four disc one. And yes Friday the 13th is the box set that comes out on the 5th.

EDIT:

I just read some more and saw that people got the deal, but now it seems the price has changed to $69.99. I will totally check tonight and hopefully it isn't. And if it isn't I will pre-order it at a different Blockbuster, closer to my house. But, SCTV Season 1 is still $29.99 in our system as of this past Tuesday. And SCTV Season 2 is still $23.99. So hopefully it will stay that way long enough for me to order it. I'll check Seinfeld and Matrix. I'm hoping that the Twilight Zone sets are gonna do this too! But they're not in the system yet.

Thanks for the heads up on these deals. The Friday the 13th deal appears dead. I went to my BBV in NH and it was 69.99. The Looney Tunes Golden Collection V. 2 was still at 29.99 though, so I pre-ordered that one. I really wanted that Friday the 13th set so please keep me informed if one comes up for cheap again. Thanks a bunch!

gameover2k2
09-19-04, 05:33 PM
I preorder both of them and paid in full, in my receipt it said (DEPOSIT).. so is that okay when the set come out, i can just pick it up? or is the computer gonna automatically has like negative balance and have i have to pay the different? thanx

mike01
09-19-04, 05:36 PM
deals dead here in Seattle

Gizmo
09-19-04, 05:49 PM
I'll check tonight when I go to work...Also, just because we have a movie in are system, does not mean we will carry it. I'm hoping we carry the FF13th one though...

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-19-04, 06:12 PM
Gizmo -- any dvd you have in the system can be special-ordered.

Dabaomb
09-19-04, 08:04 PM
Deal is dead in NYC as well :(

congrats to those who got in on it.

calhoun07
09-19-04, 10:22 PM
How are two mistakes translated into "many?" In my experience, it is rare and far between that we find pricing errors in their system. Maybe I don't ask about the right titles, but it seems whenever I inquire about a title, it's extremely high. A couple more recent inquries I had when I went there were for the Star Wars Trilogy, priced at 99.99 (though I am willing to be they lowered the price since then) and Clerks X was a whopping 40.99 in their computers. Most TV show box sets are priced so high, you would think you were getting a deal if you went to Suncoast.

Brent L
09-19-04, 10:24 PM
My local BBV stores have Clerks X at $24.99, but yes, BBV does have insanely high prices on almost all of their new items.

To get a deal there, you just have to take advantage of their obvious mistakes.

Squall280
09-19-04, 11:51 PM
well up here in scranton, pa the deal for the friday the 13 set is dead. dang nabbit

meharry2003
09-20-04, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by calhoun07
How are two mistakes translated into "many?" In my experience, it is rare and far between that we find pricing errors in their system. Maybe I don't ask about the right titles, but it seems whenever I inquire about a title, it's extremely high. A couple more recent inquries I had when I went there were for the Star Wars Trilogy, priced at 99.99 (though I am willing to be they lowered the price since then) and Clerks X was a whopping 40.99 in their computers. Most TV show box sets are priced so high, you would think you were getting a deal if you went to Suncoast.

Okay, it happens a lot. SCTV was $29.99 and still is, SCTV S2 is $23.99, Clerks X was always $24.99 in our system. The SW fact was true though.

It is official the F13 is dead. I'm quite sad, I just waited too long. I've known about this for quite some time too. I plan on jumping on the Looney Tunes thing this upcoming Tuesday though. No Matrix of LOTR either, I checked today. I will keep everyone updated on this whole ordeal. Hopefully they keep on making mistakes.

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-20-04, 01:15 AM
Anyone know of some current, rather than pre-order under-pricings? Like SCTV vol1 is now?

Seems like it would be a lot less hassle to get one of those.

Gizmo
09-20-04, 04:03 AM
Funny. I had some guy today calling if we pre-ordered, and if we had FF13 boxset in are system. I knew right away where he was from! LoL

gameover2k2
09-20-04, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Funny. I had some guy today calling if we pre-ordered, and if we had FF13 boxset in are system. I knew right away where he was from! LoL

Hi Gizmo, thanx for the deal I got both boxset, on my receipt it siad (DEPOSIT) though, but i fully paid for them.. so even if the price change would that still be okay?

Also, another question, I have sex and the city from BB that i bought couple years ago with the blockbuster pink case (not the clear pink one), can I sell those back to BB for $5 a piece? i sorta wanna get the the real box.. now.. haha. thanx Gizmo

Brent L
09-20-04, 01:04 PM
Here is my deal now.

I just got a phone call from Blockbuster, and they told me that I ordered the 13th set and that it's not actually $26, but instead is $79. They then say to me "...do you still want it?".

I sit there for a second, confused, and I tell them that I've already paid for it. I've got a debit card reciept, the normal reciept, and then even a pink copy of an order form where the cashier wrote everything down for me.

They ask who sold it to me, blah blah blah. They tell me to hold on and that they'll call me back in a minute.

The gal calls me back a few minutes later, telling me that she is just the asistant manager and she'll have to talk to the head manager about this to see what they can do. I tell her, again, that I've already paid in full, it's not a deposit, and I have three different reciepts to prove it, with the total and item name/number on them.

She says she can't tell me anything as of right now, and that she'll talk to the manager and call me back tomorrow morning.

Good lord.

gameover2k2
09-20-04, 01:09 PM
Here is my deal now.

I just got a phone call from Blockbuster, and they told me that I ordered the 13th set and that it's not actually $26, but instead is $79. They then say to me "...do you still want it?".

I sit there for a second, confused, and I tell them that I've already paid for it. I've got a debit card reciept, the normal reciept, and then even a pink copy of an order form where the cashier wrote everything down for me.

They ask who sold it to me, blah blah blah. They tell me to hold on and that they'll call me back in a minute.

The gal calls me back a few minutes later, telling me that she is just the asistant manager and she'll have to talk to the head manager about this to see what they can do. I tell her, again, that I've already paid in full, it's not a deposit, and I have three different reciepts to prove it, with the total and item name/number on them.

She says she can't tell me anything as of right now, and that she'll talk to the manager and call me back tomorrow morning.

Good lord.

haha.. you kidding me.. I did the same.. thing.. don't know if they'd call me at home later..... hmm.. the girl that did the deal for me is very nice also, don't wanna get her in trouble.. well.. we'll see..

Brent L
09-20-04, 01:12 PM
Nope, I'm not kidding at all. I don't want to get the guy in trouble who sold it to me, but he did tell me everything is cool and that even if this was a misprice, I'd still be able to get the item at the price that I paid for it in full.

Heck, he even told me that if it was less than what I paid for it, I could not get the extra money back that I overpaid, so he said it was a chance I'd be taking...I'd either get a deal, or be overpaying for it if it ends up being less than $26.

Gizmo
09-20-04, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by gameover2k2
Hi Gizmo, thanx for the deal I got both boxset, on my receipt it siad (DEPOSIT) though, but i fully paid for them.. so even if the price change would that still be okay?

Also, another question, I have sex and the city from BB that i bought couple years ago with the blockbuster pink case (not the clear pink one), can I sell those back to BB for $5 a piece? i sorta wanna get the the real box.. now.. haha. thanx Gizmo

It all depends. Its usually a stre to store basis.

About sex...you mean yu bought each individual disc and they came in regualr amrays, right? As long as they have barcodes on them. they will accept them.

Brent L
09-20-04, 03:12 PM
If Blockbuster tells me to tomorrow that they can't let me have the set at the price that I have already paid for it in full, and have already been charged for, have all of the reciepts, and it's even in their system...is that legal or whatever?

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-20-04, 08:49 PM
It's only illegal if they have already shipped it to you. Oops, sorry wrong thread.

What it comes down to is that you've paid, they must now deliver. But, if they want to deny you and force a refund to your credit card your only response is to make a lot of noise and escalate it up the chain of command. Read the discussions on the Star Trek BBV misprice thread for the details. Ultimately, if you don't get satisifaction from corporate, your last recourse is to take them to small claims court where you will almost certainly win. But, unless you have lots of free time, it is still a net loss in the long run.

gameover2k2
09-20-04, 10:04 PM
It all depends. Its usually a stre to store basis.

About sex...you mean yu bought each individual disc and they came in regualr amrays, right? As long as they have barcodes on them. they will accept them.

Yeah, it has the Barcode on the back.. cool... I got it awhile ago.. didn't think about the case.. but now.. wanna get the real one for my g.f... thanx Gizmo..
oh what' the deal with the BB calling some people who paid for the set? is that gonna be regular practice? they didn't call me yet.. so just wonder.. thanx

kevin75
09-20-04, 11:45 PM
Here is my deal now.

Good lord. i was in the exact situation a couple of years ago. they had a screw up on ken burns' civil war set. it was in the computer at 29.99 instead of 129.99 so i ordered and paid for it. they tried to do the same thing to me. it ended up that i made such a big stink to them repeatedly that they caved in and 'gave' it to me even though i had already paid for it. it's not your fault that they have a crappy computer system. keep bugging them and good luck!

Brent L
09-21-04, 11:01 AM
Well, here is my deal now.

I called them back this morning, I refused to just sit and wait for them to make the move of calling me. I asked for the head manager, and they told me she wasn't there and that she wouldn't be in until Thursday. I asked the assistant manager once again about the situation, and she said she talked to the manager a bit, and was told that there was no way they could let me have it at that price, and that they could either give me my money back or they could "let me" pay the difference of the $79.

Yeah, like that was gonna fly with me.

I told them that it was unacceptable, period. She then changed her tune a bit and told me that the manager was going to talk to the district manager about it, and that they hadn't really decided what they would do yet. I told them that anything less honoring the price would not fly. We said good-bye and she told me that she would let me know on Thursday.

That is not good enough for me.

I hung up and called Blockbuster customer service, and talked to (get this) a real live person. I went through my story and they told me that anything less than honoring the price I have already paid in full would be against their policy and that they had to honor it. I told them the store, my phone number, and they gave me a case number, and they promised to call the district manager ASAP with my story. When I asked what I do if even the district manager refuses to honor the price, they told me to call back to take the issue on up the chain of command.

So I hang up with them and do a bit of cleaning, etc...

Not long after that my local Blockbuster calls me, and the lady lets me know that they will in fact honor the price for me, and that she had just placed the order for the item for me!

Woohoo, for once I have a happy ending.

gameover2k2
09-21-04, 12:12 PM
Well, here is my deal now.

I called them back this morning, I refused to just sit and wait for them to make the move of calling me. I asked for the head manager, and they told me she wasn't there and that she wouldn't be in until Thursday. I asked the assistant manager once again about the situation, and she said she talked to the manager a bit, and was told that there was no way they could let me have it at that price, and that they could either give me my money back or they could "let me" pay the difference of the $79.

Yeah, like that was gonna fly with me.

I told them that it was unacceptable, period. She then changed her tune a bit and told me that the manager was going to talk to the district manager about it, and that they hadn't really decided what they would do yet. I told them that anything less honoring the price would not fly. We said good-bye and she told me that she would let me know on Thursday.

That is not good enough for me.

I hung up and called Blockbuster customer service, and talked to (get this) a real live person. I went through my story and they told me that anything less than honoring the price I have already paid in full would be against their policy and that they had to honor it. I told them the store, my phone number, and they gave me a case number, and they promised to call the district manager ASAP with my story. When I asked what I do if even the district manager refuses to honor the price, they told me to call back to take the issue on up the chain of command.

So I hang up with them and do a bit of cleaning, etc...

Not long after that my local Blockbuster calls me, and the lady lets me know that they will in fact honor the price for me, and that she had just placed the order for the item for me!

Woohoo, for once I have a happy ending.

man, i wish i could have done like what you did.. the girl (manager) who did for me was very sweet and I used that BB and gameRush alot (that's how i got more than $300 credit from them).. if they really call.. i'll just let it go i guess.. don't wanna get her in trouble.. congrat on your effort.. let's see what happend to my order..

Brent L
09-21-04, 12:20 PM
The guy who sold it to me, and who sold it to you, will not (should not) get in trouble. If someone asks for an item, and it comes up as a certain price in the system, they have every right to sell it to you. If anyone should get in trouble it's the morons who are over putting these prices in the system to start with.

If they were to get mad at the guy who sold it to me, he'd have a heck of a case on his hands also, that would be totally against the law I'd assume.

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-21-04, 09:57 PM
I have a hazy memory of at least one case being reported here where BBV threatened the customer that if they gave the DVD to him at the price they sold it for, the difference was going to come out of the salesperson's salary. I don't recall ever hearing a follow-up, if there even was one, from the threated customer. But, big time employment lawsuit was my first thought upon hearing the story.

Either that or I dreamed it.

Brent L
09-21-04, 10:00 PM
Oh my God, that is just asking for a lawsuit...a lawsuit that the salesperson would win without a doubt.

Some people will say anything and will threaten people with anything, just to get their way.

calhoun07
09-22-04, 01:10 AM
Some of you need to relax. Nobody would get in trouble at store level for letting anybody presell this DVD to you. If the managers/stores contacting you are getting you to believe this, they are probably trying to scare you. IF anybody got in trouble, they would have to trace it back to the original data entry person who put the set in the computer in the first place, more than likely at corporate level. Anybody who prepaid or even put a deposit down for this should get it at that price. To accept anything less only does a disservice to YOU.

The Exister
09-22-04, 09:57 AM
Is the Looney Tunes mis-price still working?

whotony
09-22-04, 04:47 PM
still is at my store, philly area.

Manzana
09-23-04, 12:38 AM
Here's my story...

My local BBV still had the Looney Tunes Vol. 2 4-DVD set for $29.99, so I ordered it and used a $5 gift card I've had for a long time. I mentioned it was probably a price mistake, so I asked if they try to take it back will they give me my gift card back. The manager at the moment (who has been there a long time but is leaving in a week) said once I pay for it they wouldn't cancel it on me or take away my $5 gift card.

However, reading the above story doesn't give me very much confidence it will work out that way. My only hope is that since the price mistake is much smaller on the Looney Tunes than on the Friday the 13th set that they won't cause grief over it. Of course Amazon has cancelled my orders over smaller price mistakes. Typically the only time price mistakes are honored (such as at Circuit City) is if I don't get in on the deal.

The receipt only says "LOONEY TUNES-GOLDEN COLLECTION-VOL. 2" Presale on it -- it doesn't say "4 DVD set" anywhere even though the person showed me the computer screen which showed 4 DVDs. I had the person write it in pen on the receipt in case they later try to tell me I only ordered the 2 DVD set. Of course that person will no longer be there if I need the backup.

I'd better not cancel my Amazon preorder until a week before release date. The net savings with this misprice over Amazon is $8.57 -- small enough BBV shouldn't make a big deal out of it -- which is precisely why I expect them to do the opposite.

What is the BBV customer service phone number you call in case they give you problems which is what I fully expect?

Brent L
09-23-04, 12:41 AM
(214) 258-1017

As a wise man says..."Give em hell!". :)

kevin75
09-23-04, 10:29 PM
i went to the store by school today to inquire about this and the guy said the price would be 'between $25 -30.' i said do you have an exact price and he said 29.99. i said great i would like to buy it, but then he told me that i couldn't because it wasn't available for pre-sale or some crap like that.

so then i went to another store closer to home and had the guy look it up and looney tunes came up at 29.99 so i asked him if i could buy it and he said yes. :) he asked me if i wanted to put a $5 deposit down and i said "nope, i'll pay for it all now". so now i have a receipt showing that i have it paid in full. hopefully, they won't be dillholes about it later.

tonka65
09-23-04, 11:24 PM
Here is my deal now.

Good lord.

this thing happend to me with the star trek set back in may .after all the calls to corp disctrict manager etc.and with no luck,what i did was called a local news station that has one of those consumer departments,basically you call and say why you think you where wronged etc..2 days later BB calls and tells me to pick up my set.

MickM
09-24-04, 08:25 AM
Last night I ordered Looney Tunes for $29.99 and tried to pre-pay in full, but was told I could only pay from $5 to one dollar less than the full price. At my insistence, the lady tried to enter $29.99 into the register but it wouldn't take. Looks like this is a new way to ensure that you can ONLY put down a deposit, which covers them against any price mistakes I suppose. I predict hassles when this thing becomes available...

iamOrokoSaki
09-24-04, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by MickM
Last night I ordered Looney Tunes for $29.99 and tried to pre-pay in full, but was told I could only pay from $5 to one dollar less than the full price. At my insistence, the lady tried to enter $29.99 into the register but it wouldn't take. Looks like this is a new way to ensure that you can ONLY put down a deposit, which covers them against any price mistakes I suppose. I predict hassles when this thing becomes available...

You can still pay in full upon ordering an item, I know this for a fact as I just helped someone last night do so. What you can do depends on a per store, per intelligence level of the CSR basis.

Jah-Wren Ryel
09-24-04, 10:36 AM
Yeah, the total minus $1 is nothing new. Every one of these that I have done, going all the way back to the Ken Burns Civil War deal years ago, as been $1 due on delivery. So far, it has not been a problem.

DealMan
09-24-04, 08:29 PM
Actually, you should be able to pre-order an item in full, with $0 due on delivery.

The CSR first types in PRESALE or hits the presale button

Them system will ask for a part number

The system asks new or used

Then it asks if they would like to put down a deposit. If they hit "NO" then the items should ring up full price and you can pay for it right there and then.

On street date (or whenever you go pick it up) the all the CSR has to do is type in "DELIVER", type in the part number, and hand you the DVD.

That's been my experience anyways.

whotony
09-25-04, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by DealMan
Actually, you should be able to pre-order an item in full, with $0 due on delivery.

The system will ask for a part number

Then it asks if they would like to put down a deposit. If they hit "NO" then the items should ring up full price and you can pay for it right there and then.

On street date (or whenever you go pick it up) the all the CSR has to do is type in "DELIVER", type in the part number, and hand you the DVD.

that is exactly the right way to do it to pay in full at time of order.

iamOrokoSaki
09-25-04, 02:51 AM

:thumbsup:

iamOrokoSaki
09-25-04, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by hellmutt
Anyone ask about the matrix box set, by any chance?

I took a quick look through the inventory today and couldn't find it, doesn't look like it's been added as of yet,...I'll throw up a thread if I notice that it's added at a price anyone wouldn't blink at.

Brent L
09-25-04, 02:56 AM
This may be a stupid question, but are Criterion DVDs in the Blockbuster system for special order? If so, I wonder if any of those might be mispriced.

calhoun07
09-25-04, 01:59 PM
This may be a stupid question, but are Criterion DVDs in the Blockbuster system for special order? If so, I wonder if any of those might be mispriced.

Those are usually overpriced.

I noticed that about 50% of the mispriced items tend to be Paramount products. That could be a backlash from their reluctance to just set a MSRP and let stores charge what they want. I have no idea about why WB's stuff might be coming up mispriced so far (including SCTV, isn't Shout Factory a subdivision of Warner Home Video?)

achau9598
09-27-04, 12:04 PM
If anyone purchased an extra copy this, and would be willing to sell it to me, please send me an email. I missed out on the mistake, and would love to get one for an upcoming birthday (mine).

whotony
09-28-04, 02:34 AM
i'll check for the pee wee herman playhouse and ren and stimpy sets next time i go in.
else can get to it first.
unless someone

mmguen
09-28-04, 03:28 PM
The Ala Moana Blockbuster told me the 4-disc Looney Tunes 2 is $59.99 in their computer- am I doing something wrong? Darn.

Matthew Chmiel
10-02-04, 05:41 PM
So for those who ordered the Friday the 13th boxset, when should we expect Blockbuster to get our orders since the DVD comes out this Tuesday?

Should I be expecting a call Monday, Tuesday, or later on in the week.

MahatmaPetey
10-02-04, 06:06 PM
they told me to come in and pick it up on tuesday when i ordered it.

Brent L
10-02-04, 06:07 PM
They told me it wouldn't be in until three weeks after it's released, but I somehow doubt that.

Gizmo
10-03-04, 03:48 PM
Brent, true actually. My blockbuster is not receiving a single boxset, most won't. So for all that got in on this deal, good luck ever getting one.

Brent L
10-03-04, 03:50 PM
If they don't actually get it in tomorrow, there is no doubt that I will get it in a few weeks. I special ordered SCTV and I got that, it took about two weeks or so.

This will be no different.

Matthew Chmiel
10-04-04, 07:16 PM
Not only did I pay $26.99 for it, but my Blockbuster got in the Friday the 13th set today and just gave it to me a mere fifteen minutes ago.

I'm one happy mofo right now. :)

kevin75
10-04-04, 09:51 PM
congrats!

Preditor74
10-05-04, 02:41 PM
So how many people have actually gotten theirs? And how many were told they didn't get it in today?

Brent L
10-05-04, 02:43 PM
I just got my Friday the 13th box set, woohoo!

Thanks again to the OP!

Preditor74
10-05-04, 03:16 PM
Well, I was told on the phone that they were still going through their trucks...and to call back later in the day. On the plus side they said that if they dont get it today, it is a pre order which means it was special ordered for me (hopefully that is not a load of BS)

Brent L
10-05-04, 03:26 PM
I've decided that the people at work at Blockbuster far more denser than those that work at Best Buy, or anywhere else for that matter.

I could go on and on about how horrible people who work at Blockbuster have been to me, both in terms of being rude and just plain not knowing what they are talking about.

Heck, even for this purchase it was a chore to order, as I talked about earlier in this thread, and the manager told me that it'd be around three weeks AFTER the release date before they would have it in stock for me to pick up. I knew that she was just talking out of her ass, and it ends up she was in fact doing just that.

If I was a manager of these stores, I'd make sure that my employess, all up and down the ranks, would know how to use the computers and would know about the actual products they are dealing with.

calhoun07
10-05-04, 05:36 PM
I've decided that the people at work at Blockbuster far more denser than those that work at Best Buy, or anywhere else for that matter.

I could go on and on about how horrible people who work at Blockbuster have been to me, both in terms of being rude and just plain not knowing what they are talking about.

Heck, even for this purchase it was a chore to order, as I talked about earlier in this thread, and the manager told me that it'd be around three weeks AFTER the release date before they would have it in stock for me to pick up. I knew that she was just talking out of her ass, and it ends up she was in fact doing just that.

If I was a manager of these stores, I'd make sure that my employess, all up and down the ranks, would know how to use the computers and would know about the actual products they are dealing with.

What you are talking about would cost the company more money in training. Such a course would probably need to last two weeks. They simply don't have the ability to do that, I would assume, as most retail places cannot do that. Their turn over is too high for them to invest money in each employee and train them that intesively. Most of this stuff just gets taught to them when trained. The problem with these preorders we are doing, unless you get a vet there that knows what they are doing, you're going to get a run around. More than likely, the clerk will lie and cover up they haven't been trained and tell you that they don't know how to do that or tell you it will be three weeks before you see your order, I guess in hopes you go somewhere where they know what they are doing.

I just can't see how losing customer business is good for them in the long run either, but hey, I don't get corporate cut backs for spending the miminum in training either.

Brent L
10-05-04, 05:49 PM
It doesn't take two weeks to teach someone how to use a simple computer system, and it doesn't take two weeks for you, as an employee, to know what product came in that week or not.

What I am talking about are basic things that any moron would be able to understand the first time they see it be done. Blockbuster isn't that complicated of a place to work, and do good work at.

Same goes for Best Buy.

SC_Trojan
10-05-04, 06:16 PM
Anyone know if Looney Tunes is still sold at $29.99?

tofferman
10-05-04, 09:37 PM
My local Blockbuster had it for $29.99 this afternoon. They wouldn't accept the whole payment at this time, so I put $10 down on it.

MahatmaPetey
10-05-04, 09:55 PM
i got my friday the 13th set today. the guy wrote no refunds or exchanges on my receipt and told me if it doesn't work, tough luck because of the obvious pricing error.

Brent L
10-05-04, 09:56 PM
You have got to be kidding.

Bill Needle
10-05-04, 11:04 PM
i got my friday the 13th set today. the guy wrote no refunds or exchanges on my receipt and told me if it doesn't work, tough luck because of the obvious pricing error.

I think that would be worth dropping a line to Blockbuster Customer Relations.

So his contention is you should not be able to return for refund to them the DVD you paid too little for, and get your paltry sum back in exchange, thereby cancelling the obvious pricing error? Not only is he a tool, he's a moron.

Brent L
10-05-04, 11:05 PM
Had someone told me that to my face, we would have had more than just a few words then and there.

MahatmaPetey
10-05-04, 11:21 PM
I had just got out of work and i was looking forward to getting home too much to argue with him about it, but if i find anything wrong with the set i will most definitely call customer service/relations. I never go to blockbuster, so i really didn't believe the stories of the assholes that work there until today. Good to know, i guess.

Myster X
10-06-04, 12:45 AM

I doubt it's valid if he wrote it. I believe a print out is the legitimacy voice about the store's return policy.

Samuel
10-06-04, 11:00 AM
Any word on the Seinfeld set?

Gizmo
10-06-04, 12:58 PM
It doesn't take two weeks to teach someone how to use a simple computer system, and it doesn't take two weeks for you, as an employee, to know what product came in that week or not.

What I am talking about are basic things that any moron would be able to understand the first time they see it be done. Blockbuster isn't that complicated of a place to work, and do good work at.

Same goes for Best Buy.

Never worked in retail before? Its customers like you that we bad-mouth as soon as you leave. Oh, and we make your movies late on PURPOSE. Yep. We go through hundreds of movies in the dropbox, locate yours, and HIDE them. Its a conspiracy.

gameover2k2
10-06-04, 01:12 PM
Never worked in retail before? Its customers like you that we bad-mouth as soon as you leave. Oh, and we make your movies late on PURPOSE. Yep. We go through hundreds of movies in the dropbox, locate yours, and HIDE them. Its a conspiracy.

Haha.. funny..

Hey Gizmo.. .I just special order the Monster Legacy gift set from BB, would I have a small chance of getting it, since it seem to be recalled or something a month ago, though, i see it at my Border and mom/pop shop.. i have some gift card left.. so i wanna get it from BB.. since the price is similar. thanx

Gizmo
10-06-04, 01:51 PM
Gameover, doubtful. If it was recalled, BBV did the same, There may be a small cance that some store forgot to pull it, and it will get pulled from them to your store.

Abob Teff
10-06-04, 02:45 PM
Their turn over is too high for them to invest money in each employee and train them that intesively.

And there is the slippery slope that retail has become. If companies would spend a little more time and money on training they would find that the turnover rate drops dramatically and provides a rather lucrative return on investment.

Abob Teff
10-06-04, 02:51 PM
Gameover, doubtful. If it was recalled, BBV did the same, There may be a small cance that some store forgot to pull it, and it will get pulled from them to your store.

I have seen this posted a few times and it is technically incorrect. The set was not "recalled." Recall implies that there was a manufacturing defect in the set which was deemed harmful (either physically, such as a kid swallowing one of the busts, or through improper licensing or similar issues) enough to pull the product from the shelves.

Distributors offer a window in which product can be returned for credit (be it partial or full). Universal simply hastened that window. Mass retailers would rather return a $70 (or however much it was) boxset and get their money back from their supplier than take the chance of having it sit on the shelf and never sell.

When I worked at Suncoast we would have pull lists about once a month. If we knew that an item was going out of print or would be hard to get later down the road, we generally would not send the product back to corporate.

calhoun07
10-06-04, 05:19 PM

Same goes for Best Buy.

Seriously dude, you're being an ass. I don't say that lightly. I suggested BB could use a bit more intensive training because most of the stuff customer's have problems with don't come up very often. And if you think the computer system at any store is so simple to use, get off your ass and get behind the counter and show everybody else there how to do it.

For preorders, to be fair, the only time BBV employees really have to worry about it is when they push a new title with one of their rental cards. RARELY is the case where somebody goes in there and wants to preorder a movie without the sale being forced upon them. Then, assuming they already know how to do it, in their computer you MUST have the first word of the title right. That means you cannot search by keyword. "So?" You ask? Well, you try plowing through a thousand differnt Friday the 13th titles, all with different syntaxes and such in each title, making it harder for them to find it. I know, because I've tried to order the Star Trek sets from them in the past, and they have pages and pages of Star Trek titles to go through in their computer. When they have a promo, they get sent the part numbers they require to sell you your preorder with the rental card, eliminating half the battle.

Also, with the major preorders they take, they DO NOT fill out special order forms. Why should they? They already have an assload coming to their store, all they have to do is print a preorder report they day the major title comes out and hold that many for their customers who preordered.

You go in there telling them you want to special order a DVD, they may nor may not have been through one of their promos with the rental cards before. If they have, they may logically conclude that they computer does the ordering automatically. They know they did 100 preorders for Shrek 2 and got 100 copies of Shrek 2 without ever filling out one special order form, so why should it be different with your order? Or maybe they just never been trained in that way, or just are embarassed to say they don't know and try to bluff their way through it.

Should it take two weeks to train them how to special order and look things up in their computer? NO. But it sure as hell shouldn't be an after thought to a few hours of training that may or may not come up. Chances are, when the situation finally comes up later on in their job, perhaps many months later, they are not going to remember what they were told in those few hours of training and we are back to sqare one.

It should take more intensive training to make them remember everything they learn, even the stuff they may do occasionally over the course of a few months. And there is FAR MORE to their job than checking in your movies and checking them out to your ass. You critcize quickly but obviously, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

I am not defending any BBV employee's decision to not know what they are doing, or at least seek out help to learn how to do what they are doing, but I can understand why they might be confused about the finer details if they don't do something all the time. You learn by repition, and I am assuming that you didn't learn the details of your job in a few hours either, no matter how challenging your job may be compared to a store clerk.

Brent L
10-06-04, 10:37 PM
Seriously dude, you're being an ass. I don't say that lightly.

I could reply to your thread, but when you resort to saying the above the very first thing when you reply to me, it's not worth reading any more.

Here are the facts.

It doesn't take a genius to train someone how to use a basic computer program, and it doesn't take a genius to learn how to look up something in a computer. Nor does it take a genius to teach/learn what items you have in stock.

Period.

I've seen how it works at Blockbuster and Best Buy, I've actually physically showed employees how to do certain things. If a customer can do that, with what little computer knowledge that I have, then anyone who gets paid to work there should be able to.

I've never, not once, been rude to anyone who works at a Blockbuster. I've been very nice, very kind to them, and each time I've had to explain something to someone who works anywhere, they have been very nice and kind to me, and have always thanked me for taking the time to care enough to help them out.

If you don't know how to do things as simple as look something up in the computer system for which you work, or you don't even know what products are new in the store, then I don't know what else to say.

By the way, yes I have worked in retail, and each time I've done so I cared enough about my job to ask questions, to make sure I know how to do the most basic of things at LEAST on my very first day, and I for sure kept track of all of the items for which I was responsible. I want to be the type of employee that customers can come to and receive the truth when asked a question, can be helpful, etc... I don't see what's so hard about doing that.

The only time I, as a customer, would EVER get angry at someone who works somewhere is when I flat out know they are lying to me just to make their job easier. That's the worst kind of retail clerk there is.

pilot
10-07-04, 10:02 AM
Seriously dude, you're being an ass. I don't say that lightly.

please don't call people an ass..thank you.

Brent L
10-07-04, 02:40 PM
(I posted this in another Blockbuster thread, but I wanted to say all of this here also in case some of you didn't read it in the other thread.)

I just traded in a bunch of DVDs and received $121.xx for them all. I turned around and bought the new special editions of Goodfellas and The Shawshank Redemption, Capturing the Friedmans, and pre-ordered both sets of SCTV (yes, they were still mispriced here).

After I had traded everything in, and had the three titles that I wanted to buy that they had in the store, we had a problem. Capturing the Friedmans had a sticker on it with a price of $14.95. I obviously saw that as a great deal, so I was very happy. When they were checking me out though, it scanned as $24.95 in their system, so it was obviously mispriced. I thought nothing of it, and was just going to pass on it, but without my even asking, the clerk checking me out (the assistant manager) took $10 off of the price of my final price, thus allowing me to get CtF for the $14.95 price. I thought that was a great service, and I sincerely thanked the clerk.

On top of that, as I was trading in some games along with my DVDs, they couldn't find the barcode to scan to give me the extra $5 per game, since I traded in three. So, to make it up to me, they gave me a $20 gift card. They virtually just gave me $5, just to make it up to me. Again, many thanks were given from me to the clerk.

On top of all of that, the people I dealt with today at least, were very kind and actually knew exactly what they were doing, understood how to look up DVDs and things in their system, and knew how to get certain things done manually as they accepted my DVDs.

So, for today, I give Blockbuster two thumbs up. :)

calhoun07
10-07-04, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by pilot
please don't call people an ass..thank you.

I only meant it as "stubborn." Sorry if it offended.

calhoun07
10-07-04, 05:29 PM
I could reply to your thread, but when you resort to saying the above the very first thing when you reply to me, it's not worth reading any more.

Here are the facts.

If you didn't even read my thread, then why are you trying to restate what you already posted? My point was, in essence, there is more to the job than you think, or seem to let on you think in your post. Your post reminds me of the angry guy in Clerks who is waiting to return his movie and the store isn't open yet. "I wish I could get paid and stand around and watch movies all day! It's not like his job is rocket science over there!" In essence you are coming off as that guy, whether you intend to or not.

And I apologized to the mod, but will apologize to you. I didn't mean it in a vulgar way, just that you are stubborn, and the true word "ass" can either refer to your prosterior or a stubborn animal. It's a stubborn position to take that you seem to think that what a clerk does in any given job is so simple and easy. Again, I am not trying to defend one solitary clerk out there for not knowing their job or trying to find a better way to do it, but I also feel that most stores and places of business do not train their employees adequately. And not just at Blockbuster. We have a tremendous knowlege deficiency when it comes to training in this world. I think new employees at BBV get a 4 hour class before they are thrown into the work force. FOUR HOURS??? You may think they can learn all they need to in that time, and maybe the material can be covered, but most of it will be lost because most people learn with hands on experience.

The best places I ever received training was when I first worked at a grocery store, which was a union store and was pretty intesive for the training (not two weeks, but more than just a couple hours) and at a bank I worked for, which had a class for one week and training with a teller supervisor at a branch for another week. But BBV doesn't have the desire, I guess, to expand their new hire classes and to devote a trainer to shadow a person once they are on the job.

Jah-Wren Ryel
10-07-04, 09:49 PM
On top of all of that, the people I dealt with today at least, were very kind and actually knew exactly what they were doing, understood how to look up DVDs and things in their system, and knew how to get certain things done manually as they accepted my DVDs. Wow! I had the exact same dream last night too. It sure seemed real, but today when I went back to that location to trade in a few more DVDs, it was just an empty lot....

Brent L
10-07-04, 09:50 PM
Hey, I was so surprised I thought it was a dream also.

But it was real!!! http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

GMLSKIS
10-08-04, 12:37 AM
THANK YOU !!!

I got Looney Toons preordered today for $29.99 plus tax and already paid the whole thing to lock in at that price. I will now cancel my Amazon order that with discounts was going to be $40.26. I traded in 13 DVD's at $8 each and used part of my gift card credit for this purchase.

Xbox69
10-09-04, 01:26 AM
If you didn't even read my thread, then why are you trying to restate what you already posted? My point was, in essence, there is more to the job than you think, or seem to let on you think in your post. Your post reminds me of the angry guy in Clerks who is waiting to return his movie and the store isn't open yet. "I wish I could get paid and stand around and watch movies all day! It's not like his job is rocket science over there!" In essence you are coming off as that guy, whether you intend to or not.

While really having nothing to contribute to this thread but it was nice to think of "Clerks" for a few minutes. LoL

Wasn't the line, "It's not like he's some air traffic controller over there." to which Dante replies, "Well actually, that's his night job!"

Looking forward to getting the X edition sometime soon. :-)

gameover2k2
10-09-04, 01:51 AM
Well my copy at BB hasn't arrive yet. The CSR seem to have no clue and keep saying it will be coming 'next week'.. the store people doesn't seem to know about 'preordering' dvd, most of their transaction is 'special order'. So What should I do now? Should I talk to their manager or something? thanx

cverneau
10-13-04, 08:30 AM
I just pre-ordered Looney Toons Golden Volume 2 last night and it's still $29.99. I asked about the Matrix Box Set and they told me this:
Limited Edition Ultimate Matrix Collector's Set (with bust) - $75.00
Ultimate Matrix Collector's Set (without bust) - $45.00

This seems to be the best deal going right now!!

JEStinson3
10-13-04, 09:14 AM
Cool, I'm going to preorder the Matrix set.

Can someone check the prices for Buffy Season 7 and Smallville Season 3 please?

David_M
10-13-04, 11:49 AM
Forget Buffy Season 7, at my store it's listed as $89.99.

bhauge
10-13-04, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by cverneau
I just pre-ordered Looney Toons Golden Volume 2 last night and it's still $29.99. I asked about the Matrix Box Set and they told me this:
Limited Edition Ultimate Matrix Collector's Set (with bust) - $75.00
Ultimate Matrix Collector's Set (without bust) - $45.00

That would be great if those turn out to be real prices! Do you happen to know the 6-digit Blockbuster part number for those? According to CyberZombie in another post, the numbers for other titles are:

o Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Vol. 2: 906864
o SCTV, Vol. 2: 903401

bmello
10-13-04, 12:17 PM
Finally found a store with these prices in the system and the guy wouldn't let me preorder anything. Said I had to wait until they are released. I'm hoping the other manager will be working tomorrow.

JonXfiless
10-13-04, 03:37 PM
Smallville season 3
$23.99

babka
10-13-04, 03:39 PM
what the hell is the bust on the matrix set?

JEStinson3
10-13-04, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JonXfiless
Smallville season 3
$23.99

Great price. Thanks

gameover2k2
10-13-04, 04:28 PM
anyone has a word on Lord of the ring, return of the king box?

Myster X
10-13-04, 04:39 PM
Matrix (with bust)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002Y69NQ/qid%3D1097699844/103-2847645-8278204

Limited Edition Collector's Set includes:
Collector's display case with Neo bust

bust is the limited edition

There's about a few dollars difference if you buy it at Amazon for the non-bust version using STL. Plus there are fee shipping and no tax (depends).

calhoun07
10-13-04, 04:52 PM
Add West Wing season three to the list: 29.99. I preorderd this bad boy today!

Highfire
10-13-04, 05:22 PM
I called BB today and asked if they had SCTV Vol. 2 available for preorder and they said they had to wait till they get their shipment before I can preorder.What should I do?

Brent L
10-13-04, 05:44 PM
Tell them to get a clue and learn how to run their store the way it should be. ;)

Bill Needle
10-13-04, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Highfire
I called BB today and asked if they had SCTV Vol. 2 available for preorder and they said they had to wait till they get their shipment before I can preorder.What should I do?

This is from a sililar thread, maybe it will help:

Originally posted by Bill Needle
This was posted by DealMan on THIS (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=386038&perpage=25&pagenumber=4) related thread:
-------------------------------------

Peter Canavese
10-13-04, 06:24 PM
Went in today in San Jose, CA and paid in full for:

SCTV Vol. 2 (5-disc): 23.99

Columbo Season 1 (5-disc): 26.99

Looney Tunes Vol. 2 (4-disc): 29.99

Tax (awww): 6.65

Total: 87.62

I spent a bundle, but even with tax, that's savings of over $40 from the lowest online prices. Thanks to the original posters.

Myster X
10-13-04, 07:11 PM
Which San Jose BB did you go to?
If anyone in San Francisco find a BB that lets you pre-order and pay for it in full, please post.

rentonpunk
10-13-04, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the good price ideas:

smallville, matrix, west wing, and looney tunes! I will definitely have to check The OC s. 1 price, gone with the wind SE, that 70s show s. 1, and some other things - thanks again guys!

Mhepburn20
10-13-04, 10:55 PM
Picked up smallville tonight, but it showed up as 29.99. The part number for those who need it is 986868.

Those who have been having trouble getting pink copies of the special order form should maybe consider paying by credit card, your receipt very clearly will sale presale and have the item ordered on it.

Michael

KennyBoy
10-14-04, 12:35 AM
man there has been a lot of bitching in this thread. I read through the whole thing (well skimmed) and got all the part numbers I need but one. Who has the part number for SCTV Vol.1?? Thanks BTW someone should compile a list of all the part numbers of what's active. Heres what I am ordering.

sctv vol. 1
sctv vol. 2 903401
smallville s. 3 986868
looney toons vol. 2 906864

wish i got in on friday the 13th. :( I love horror

edit: typos

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 12:51 AM
anyone has the part for matrix boxset? thanx

Peter Canavese
10-14-04, 01:20 AM
FYI: I went to the downtown San Jose Blockbuster. They've given me the occasional hassle when the manager isn't around (clueless CSRs), but the manager has always ordered for me when I catch her. I advise calling ahead and asking if you can place a preorder if you come down. I've made a couple of fruitless, frustrating trips where a CSR there told me they couldn't place a pre-order--obviously incorrect.

I missed the discussion of West Wing and Smallville--sound like good deals...maybe I'll head back in.

shawagg
10-14-04, 03:48 AM
Is that the one by SJSU? If not which one? Every one I've tried in SJ never let me do it.

acidburnlk
10-14-04, 04:23 AM
Please do tell Peter, which San Jose is that? I was planning on trying tomorrow on going to these stores Hamillton/Bascom, Hamilton/Meridian, and Camden/Union.

ENDContra
10-14-04, 04:32 AM
How would this work as far as using a gift card? I just traded in a bunch of DVDs so I have a $144 GC to burn. If I preordered something, and even paid in full, could they come back and charge the difference later? i know they cant if I use a regular credit card, but they have complete access to what I have on a gift card, right?

scottall
10-14-04, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by ENDContra
but they have complete access to what I have on a gift card, right?
No. Happy pre-ordering.

cverneau
10-14-04, 07:39 AM
If you pre-order something and they won't let you pre-pay the full amount and they say you owe $1.00 upon delivery, can they change the price on you when you pick it up??
I have the handwritten pre-order receipt, which shows the price of $29.99 for Looney Toons, and clearly written is "customer owes $1.00 upon delivery"
Can they correct the prices later and tell you that you owe more??

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 10:50 AM
Anyone has the part number for Matrix set? thanx

speedy1961
10-14-04, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by cverneau
If you pre-order something and they won't let you pre-pay the full amount and they say you owe $1.00 upon delivery, can they change the price on you when you pick it up??
I have the handwritten pre-order receipt, which shows the price of $29.99 for Looney Toons, and clearly written is "customer owes $1.00 upon delivery"
Can they correct the prices later and tell you that you owe more??

NO.

That would be a clear example of bait and switch.

KennyBoy
10-14-04, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by KennyBoy
man there has been a lot of bitching in this thread. I read through the whole thing (well skimmed) and got all the part numbers I need but one. Who has the part number for SCTV Vol.1?? Thanks BTW someone should compile a list of all the part numbers of what's active. Heres what I am ordering.

sctv vol. 1
sctv vol. 2 903401
smallville s. 3 986868
looney toons vol. 2 906864

so anyone got the part number for sctv vol. 1

speedy1961
10-14-04, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by KennyBoy

sctv vol. 1

Peter Canavese
10-14-04, 03:10 PM
It's the one by SJSU downtown (on 3rd street?). Obviously, play it cool, so the gravy train keeps rolling...

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 09:16 PM
sorry to keep bugging.. but anyone know what are the part number for Matrix boxset? my BB can't seem to find it on their system.. .thank you

grune
10-14-04, 10:44 PM
I used my tradein credit to preorder Smallvilel Season 3 and Looney Tunes Vol 2. Looney TUnes came up correctly, but Smallville wasn't found searching for that number. The clerk looked it up and the actual number was a digit off and the price was $29.99 not $23.99. It was still a good enough deal I went for it considering they want $54.99 for season 2.

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 11:26 PM
Hmmm I called again and now they found it in thier systerm, but they told me that it's call the 'Ultimate Edition 10 disc' for $80. That's sounf more like the regular set without the bust... anyone actuallyed did order Matrix limited edition yet?

flix1
10-14-04, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by grune
I used my tradein credit to preorder Smallvilel Season 3 and Looney Tunes Vol 2. Looney TUnes came up correctly, but Smallville wasn't found searching for that number. The clerk looked it up and the actual number was a digit off and the price was $29.99 not $23.99. It was still a good enough deal I went for it considering they want $54.99 for season 2.

I placed a couple Pre-orders at my local Blockbuster (Cary, IL), but they would not take any money.

Smallville Season 3 Complete Set - 29.99 Part # 906868 (another post stated Part # was 986868)

Matrix Platinum Collector's Set - 49.99 Part # 817004 (this was a weird one, because release date in their system was 10/17/2000!). Previous posts had stated it was $45, at $50 (+ tax), it is not any better than Amazon with STL. If someone determines this part number is not correct, please post.

I'm going to try another Blockbuster tomorrow, because I did not get a good feeling that I was going to get what I wanted at the price I agreed to.

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by flix1
I placed a couple Pre-orders at my local Blockbuster (Cary, IL), but they would not take any money.

Smallville Season 3 Complete Set - 29.99 Part # 906868 (another post stated Part # was 986868)

Matrix Platinum Collector's Set - 49.99 Part # 817004 (this was a weird one, because release date in their system was 10/17/2000!). If someone determines this part number is not correct, please post.

I'm going to try another Blockbuster tomorrow, because I did not get a good feeling that I was going to get what I wanted at the price I agreed to.

I think.. they order you the ORIGINAL Matrix edition that came out in the year 2000.. you should cancel it asap....

anyone actually order the Ultimate Matrix? part number pls ^_^

flix1
10-14-04, 11:35 PM
I think.. they order you the ORIGINAL Matrix edition that came out in the year 2000.. you should cancel it asap....

anyone actually order the Ultimate Matrix? part number pls ^_^
I thought that too, but the Limited Edition version was $80 and it had the SAME release date, 10/17/2000. I asked about cancelling pre-orders, and they said "no problem". ... and they would not let me put any money down.

gameover2k2
10-14-04, 11:40 PM
I thought that too, but the Limited Edition version was $80 and it had the SAME release date, 10/17/2000. I asked about cancelling pre-orders, and they said "no problem". ... and they would not let me put any money down.

so the one you order is call 'LIMITED EDITION ULTIMATE matrix'? I thought the other person said, it should be $75. I haven't go to BB yet, but on the phone, they said, they only list one Matrix set and it's $80..... its sound alot like the original price for the regular set... , pls let me know did you try to order LIMITED EDITION? thanx..

flix1
10-14-04, 11:59 PM
so the one you order is call 'LIMITED EDITION ULTIMATE matrix'? I thought the other person said, it should be $75. I haven't go to BB yet, but on the phone, they said, they only list one Matrix set and it's $80..... its sound alot like the original price for the regular set... , pls let me know did you try to order LIMITED EDITION? thanx..
I did NOT order the Limited Edition (priced $79.99). I ordered the "Matrix Platinum Collector's Set" (priced $49.99) with a release date that matched the Limited Edition (but the date is wrong, 10/17/2000).

Prices for both sets were $5 higher than mentioned previously. I do NOT know if these are actually the sets due to be released or not. I took a gamble. I did not put any money down (they would not let me), so I can just refuse to purchase it.

I am going to another Blockbuster tomorrow to try again.

shawagg
10-15-04, 12:11 AM
Thanks peter :)

Man I walk by there alot, but never go inside. Now I have a reason to.

DealMan
10-15-04, 01:15 AM
I did NOT order the Limited Edition (priced $79.99). I ordered the "Matrix Platinum Collector's Set" (priced $49.99) with a release date that matched the Limited Edition (but the date is wrong, 10/17/2000).

The Platinum Collector's set has been out for years and has an MSRP of $49.99.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004Z4UW.01._PE10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z4UW/qid=1097817286/sr=1-16/ref=sr_1_16/103-4822040-3592629?v=glance&s=dvd

David_M
10-15-04, 01:18 AM

Prices for both sets were $5 higher than mentioned previously. I do NOT know if these are actually the sets due to be released or not. I took a gamble. I did not put any money down (they would not let me), so I can just refuse to purchase it.

I am going to another Blockbuster tomorrow to try again.

I hate to tell you, but I think this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z4UW/dvdtalk/qid=1097817409/sr=1-16/ref=sr_1_16/103-1237487-3193431?v=glance&s=dvd) is what they ordered you.

David_M
10-15-04, 01:19 AM
Beat me by three minutes:lol:

gameover2k2
10-15-04, 01:27 AM
so anyone know if BB really has the Matrix set as misprice? if yes, what are the parts numbers? thanx

flix1
10-15-04, 01:54 PM
The Platinum Collector's set has been out for years and has an MSRP of $49.99.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004Z4UW.01._PE10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z4UW/dvdtalk/dvdtalk/dvdtalk/qid=1097817286/sr=1-16/ref=sr_1_16/103-4822040-3592629?v=glance&s=dvd
Originally posted by David_M
I hate to tell you, but I think this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z4UW/dvdtalk/dvdtalk/dvdtalk/dvdtalk/qid=1097817409/sr=1-16/ref=sr_1_16/103-1237487-3193431?v=glance&s=dvd) is what they ordered you.
Thanks for the info. I would bet that you are both right. I will go today and tell them not to order it (although I did not give them any money anyway).

... this, of course, means that WE STILL NEED A PART NUMBER!

Lecithin
10-26-04, 05:17 PM
I tried to preorder the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2 a few weeks ago, but the guy at the register at BlockBuster wouldn't take any prepayment and just wrote my name and number down and said they would call when it came in and that it would be $29.99.

Well, I didn't feel too good about that so when I went to pick up SCTV vol. 2 (which wasn't in yet) I asked the manager about pre-ordering Looney Tunes again and she said the $29,99 price was MSRP and showed me the BVP price which was $59.99 if I wanted to order it. Now why would they want to price a DVD set $30 OVER the MSRP? Needless to say, I declined ordering it after that and will stick with my Amazon preorder instead.

PresidentGringo
11-05-04, 11:50 PM
haven't read the whole thread, but can you order these kind of things from the franchise stores?

Bill Needle
11-15-04, 11:50 PM
I finally got my copy of Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2 tonight. I've been stopping by once every week or so asking about SCTV S2 since it's release, and then added on asking about this title since it's release. They finally heard of another store having LTGC V2, and transferred it over to their store for me. They know me so well by now that they asked me for my $1.07 (pre-paid $29.99 - $1) before they even rang it up. I was so glad to finally get this that I was out the door and home before I noticed the price tag on it saying $59.99.

Now I just have to be patient waiting for the SCTV N90 Cycle 2 to come in, and I can be done ordering from Blockbuster forever. I'd give up on SCTV now, but it has become something of a quest.

Or at least until SCTV N90 Cycle 3 or LTGC V3 are announced. :)

Bad news: The first title the kids wanted to watch: "I Like to Singa'" which was based almost entirely on my pleading with them to pick something else. Who knows when that will be out of my head again...

UninTY
07-04-05, 09:24 AM
Any chance we can resurrect this thread?

I mean, I find it very hard to believe that BBV just all of a suddun STOPPED making mistakes in their pricing.

Anybody have anything to offer up?

shawagg
07-04-05, 05:56 PM
Damn! I just remembered. I still haven't gotten my SCTV v2... that's 10 months!!

whotony
07-04-05, 11:07 PM
http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6197924#post6197924

Gizmo
07-05-05, 02:18 AM
Any chance we can resurrect this thread?

I mean, I find it very hard to believe that BBV just all of a suddun STOPPED making mistakes in their pricing.

Anybody have anything to offer up?

Yes, bring a 7 month thread up to confuse people yet again. What to go :whofart:

UninTY
07-05-05, 07:35 AM
Yes, bring a 7 month thread up to confuse people yet again. What to go :whofart:

I'm sorry, you confused me, shouldn't that be "Way" to go?

I think I was VERY clear on my logic for bringing back the thread, I have no new mistakes to post a NEW thread, but logically somebody out there must still be following the price errors.

Play Nice.

Gizmo
07-05-05, 08:48 PM
No, don't ressurect a thread that says "Many Blockbuster Mistakes" when its 7 months old. It gives the impression that there are actual deals going on right now. Imagine if threads from when Reel.com was still in buisness with there $1 DVD deals...That wouldn't be wise to ressurect that thread to post a question, would it? Sorry, but this happens all to often and causes to much confusion. Next time click the search button and type in 'Blockbuster'

whotony
07-05-05, 09:22 PM
looks like he did that and came up with this thread.

why start another thread if there already is one.
your just complaining about nothing and for no real reason.

besides i posted i possible current deal or didnt you see that.

Jah-Wren Ryel
07-05-05, 10:50 PM
Unity is right. Gizmo is wrong.
That is all.

pilot
07-06-05, 12:56 AM
post any new things/etc here, http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390890

no need for 3 blockbuster threads all with similar information/etc