Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What Twlight Zone/Outer Limits/Darkside/etc. episode really stayed with you?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-17-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

I remember watching many of these as a kid and it is funny how I think of certain tales every so often even though I haven't seen the epsisodes in years. It just got me wondering if others have had the same feeling for certain episodes over the years.

The one that has stuck with me the most is (I believe) a Twilight Zone episode from the 80's series. I have no idea what the name of it was but it dealt with a woman (I think) getting a watch that could stop time. She would say "Shut-up" or something to that effect and everything would stop. She could resume time at any point she chooses.

Then there is a nuclear war and there are the announcements on TV, Radio, etc. and there is complete chaos. She goes outside and screams "Shut-up", stopping time and then you see the nuclear missiles overhead about to hit her city. She realizes that she can never restart time again without the missiles blowing her city up but she will forever be lonely leaving time stopped.

I remember the eerie look of the missiles overhead as she walks the chaotic streets with time stopped.

Yours?
Old 09-17-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Outer Limits where an entire neighboorhood is transported to somewhere else. And the triffid thing episode.

Twilight Zone with Billy Mumy sending people into the cornfields.
Old 09-17-04, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twilight Zone where a spider would crawl out of the sink drain, they'd wash it back down and it would crawl out again and was a little bit bigger, then they'd wash it back down and it would crawl out again even bigger, etc. etc. Sometimes I wash my hair in the kitchen sink when I'm in a hurry and I almost always think of that episode...

Steph
Old 09-17-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Little girl falls out of bed, rolls under it, and into....another dimension! That always freaked me out as a kid.
Old 09-17-04, 05:49 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<small>
Originally posted by RandyC
Twilight Zone with Billy Mumy sending people into the cornfields.
</small>Of course I recall reading Jerome Bixby's original short story but I'm not sure I ever saw that episode from the series when the shows were repeated over here - in the dead of night - during the late 70s or early 80s.

That said, I do recall when they remade it as part of a 1980s "anthology" FILM which wasn't overly impressive! Wasn't that version partly animated or something?

Lost in cyberspace

A quick google tells me that they made a sequel: "It's Still a Good Life".

Last edited by benedict; 09-17-04 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-18-04, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by RandyC
The Outer Limits where an entire neighboorhood is transported to somewhere else.

How weird. I just recorded that episode on my DVR last week from the Sci/Fi channel because the story sounded good.
It was called "The Feasibility Study". Six city blocks are transported to an alien planet.

It was a very entertaining episode.

My brother always tells me about a great 80's Twilight Zone where blue people build time. I will finally get to see it when the DVD comes out.
Old 09-19-04, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Old Twilight Zone -- "It's a cookbook."

New Twilight Zone -- "Examination Day"

Tales from the Darkside -- First one I ever saw, can't remember the title but it had Christian Slater and Brent Spiner, with the old man who died but wouldn't admit he was dead. It was really strange, because I'd never heard of the series before and didn't even know it was on. Just turned on the television one night at around midnight when I was twelve or so, and there it was. Freaky shit when you don't know it's coming...
Old 09-19-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old TZ, two William Shatner episodes, the gremlin on the wing of the airliner, and the fortune telling napkin dispensor in the diner.

The one where the whole street went nuts trying to figure out who the "alien" was after the power went out but would go back on selectively. They blamed the creepy kid at one point, then the one guy shot an old guy who was walking back up the street in the dark.

And of course...Willouby! Next stop Willouby!
Old 09-19-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Classic Twilight Zone:
To Serve Man - Cookbook episode
The Invaders - Agnes Moorehead
The Adam & Eve episode - Richard Baseheart
Time Enough At Last - Burgess Meridith

The Outer Limits:
Demon With A Glass Hand - Robert Culp
Soldier - Michael Ansara
Old 09-22-04, 06:09 AM
Banned

Originally posted by slh235
Twilight Zone where a spider would crawl out of the sink drain, they'd wash it back down and it would crawl out again and was a little bit bigger, then they'd wash it back down and it would crawl out again even bigger, etc. etc. Sometimes I wash my hair in the kitchen sink when I'm in a hurry and I almost always think of that episode...

Steph
That was a Night Gallery episode, actually. The thing ended up bigger than a bean bag chair.