Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Will Alias be more campy next season?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 05:29 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Alias be more campy next season?

I just watched the blooper reels on the sixth disc of Alias season three set. There are two scenes Sydney and Lauren preparing for kissing. Does it foreshadow Alias will be more campy next season? Maybe Sydney will come out of the closet to confess her love for Lauren or there will be further relationships between Weiss/Vaughn or Jack/Sloane?
Old 09-17-04, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The creator of Alias has said the 3rd season got off track and he intends to "right the ship". I would take that to mean it won't be more campy next season.
Old 09-17-04, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Hell, no - it better not be. If anything, it needs to be more ruthless.
Old 09-17-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd be happy if Sloane was moved to the WAY back burner for a season. More Quentin Tarantino, please.
Old 09-17-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
whatever it is, I just hope it's BETTER than last season..
Old 09-17-04, 02:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
The creator of Alias has said the 3rd season got off track and he intends to "right the ship". I would take that to mean it won't be more campy next season.
Yeah, that's what I understood, too. I thought I remember reading that the Rambaldi storyline was going to go away and that they were going to get back to more good ol' spycraft stuff, which I think is a step in the right direction.
Old 09-17-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=alias

There's the previous thread about how Abrams was going to "fix" Alias. Haven't read through it in a while, but I remember something about less Sark and more conflict between Sydney and pops...
Old 09-17-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
Hell, no - it better not be. If anything, it needs to be more ruthless.
Yep.
Old 09-17-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
And while I'd like to hold JJ to that, methinks he'll be too busy with Lost and MI3 to notice if the show if going over the waterfall (he didn't notice last year). That and splitting the attention of Orci and Kurtzman (to MI3 as well) won't help.

But maybe I see the glass of special life lenthing Rambaldi water half empty.
Old 09-17-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I just think the Rambaldi storyline has been very played out. There was a point last season when I thought the Rambaldi thing was finally done, then BAM! We start to see relatives coming out the woodwork, all interested or linked to Rambaldi. Let's just get it done with!
Old 09-18-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by clckworang
I just think the Rambaldi storyline has been very played out. There was a point last season when I thought the Rambaldi thing was finally done, then BAM! We start to see relatives coming out the woodwork, all interested or linked to Rambaldi. Let's just get it done with!
I think I may be the only person left who really likes all the Rambaldi stuff. It kind of has a Da Vinci Code feel to it and I love how they drop little clues here and there. While I'm fine with them wrapping it up, I would at least like a payoff (that probably won't live up to my expectations) of some sort.

But whatever they decide to do I will be watching.
Old 09-18-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ No, I like the ongoing Rambaldi story and I like the perpetual love/hate dance between Solane and the Bristows.

Last year's problems were twofold: one high on the scale of things, namely that season long bland, boring, insulting, tensionless "triangle". Just a wretched idea.

The smaller problem was just a sense of sloppiness in continuity and logic. Creepinng Voyager-itis.
Old 09-18-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't have a problem with the Rambaldi stuff. I *do* have a problem with the dumbed-down scripts that seemed to permeate last season.

Season 1+2 were slick, fun, and SMART. Season 3 seemed to be assuming that every viewer was a frickin moron who couldn't remember one moment to the next.