DVD Talk
School Of Rock music [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : School Of Rock music

schoolofrock
09-16-04, 08:20 PM
I know almost for a fact nobody would know this...but if anyone here knows about the music and what not....if you've ever seen School Of Rock....when he's sitting at the desk with his guitar, and eyes closed, he's playin and humming kind of to a sweet sounding song...i dont know if this song is real, or if it was made for the movie, but i would like to know if theres a name... and maybe somethin i could look it up by...thanks ...

FinkPish
09-16-04, 08:32 PM
It looks like the IMDB's soundtrack listing is chronological to the film, and there is nothing between "The Immigrant Song" and "Math Is A Wonderful Thing," so my guess is that it is just Jack Black riffing.

(P.S. Please stop typing with the .... in between everything, it makes things more difficult to read. Stick to . and , Thanks)

schoolofrock
09-16-04, 08:40 PM
thanks...but i just found a websit on it...it says it was the theme to a comedy series with jack black called Computerman....but im yet to find the song

FinkPish
09-16-04, 08:53 PM
http://www.channel101.com/shows.php?show_id=1

majorjoe23
09-17-04, 12:28 PM
It's like reading a monologue by Swamp Thing. Man, everytime I think I can't say something nerdier, I top it.

harpo787
09-18-04, 12:37 AM
Went and listened to the scene...it sounded familiar. The closest I could think of was something from Tenacious D...a song called "The Road" (track 11).

Now, it didn't sound like it musically (guitar or what he was humming), but the rhythm of his picking is what made me think of that. The part of "The Road" I'm thinking of the slower rhythm part around 1:40 into the song.

Take that for what it's worth...which ain't much. :lol:

FinkPish
09-18-04, 02:10 AM
If you listen to the theme from the link I posted, you'll hear the song he's singing in that scene.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0