Reload this Page >

Canadian Idol Finale 09/16/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-16-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone watch any of this during the season? I have to admit, I didn't really follow along after the atrocity of last season that saw that no talent assclown Ryan Malcolm win over the equally non talented assclown Gary Beals, but I did catch some of the shows here and there (especially since my fiance wanted to see local guy Jason Greeley every week after we met him at a bar before he made the top 32).

For this season, however, I firmly believe that any one of the top ten could have beaten either one of the final two last year, as to me, they are all vastly superior singers.

The highlight of the competition to me was when the top five actually performed as a band and played instruments singing Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian Railroad Trilogy. It was the first time in any of the Idol shows worldwide that any of the contestants had played instruments, and I have to admit, it was pretty good.

The lowlight was any dancing or medley they were forced to perform. I have never seen a worse collective of dancers in my life, and I have been to several weddings.

As for tonight's show, it is between Kalen and Theresa, win Kalen the heavy favorite. No talent assclown Ryan Malcolm just performed, reminding us of the suckage that was last season. Apparently, he thinks that he is an 16 year old girl, as he favors the tie over the t-shirt look.

So has anyone been watching?
Old 09-16-04, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
absoultely no one here watches it
Old 09-16-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, it sucks. I tried to get a thread going last time...
Old 09-16-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Theres a Canadian Idol?
Old 09-17-04, 07:20 AM

I watched it on and off. I still think Jacob should have won.
Old 09-17-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kalan won, if anyone cares (OK, I know no one cares).
Old 09-17-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
We probably don't have a whole lot of members in Canada... unless this is somehow broadcast in the states...
Old 09-17-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't figure a lot of people watched it. Ray Romano shot a short clip for the show last night, saying that he and his twin boys were big fans. I guess he gets it on satellite (or maybe he downloads via bit torrent!)
Old 09-18-04, 10:04 AM

I live in Canada and have been watching all season. I think overall the performers were miles more entertaining that the last season of American Idol (although maybe that's just my Canadian pride talking). I absolutely love when Jacob and Shane did their duet of Under Pressure in the finale. Of the two finalists, Kalan deserved to win for sure, but when it came down to pure entertainment it should have been 3rd place Jacob all the way.