Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rescue Me - 09/15/04

B.A.
09-15-04, 12:44 PM
"Alarm"

Tommy discovers a secret that Janet is keeping from him; Chief Reilly informs the men of a new female replacement.

Cast: Denis Leary, James McCaffrey, Andrea Roth, Michael Lombardi , Jack McGee, Steven Pasquale, Daniel Sunjata, John Scurti.
Director(s): John Fortenberry, Jace Alexander, Adam Bernstein.
Producer(s): Peter Tolan, Jim Serpico, Kerry Orent.

Original Airdate: September 15, 2004.

Geofferson
09-15-04, 03:05 PM
I'm in.

mikehunt
09-15-04, 09:35 PM
:lol:
this show gets better and better

B.A.
09-15-04, 10:05 PM
Diane Farr joined the cast (if only temporarily). :banana:

Now, I miss THE JOB again. :(

B.A.
09-15-04, 10:06 PM
Tommy's wife is a bitch, he's better off w/ his cousin's widow. :)

And he has another brother who is a detective on the PD.

Goldberg74
09-15-04, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by B.A.
And he has another brother who is a detective on the PD.
I thought maybe Dean Winter's part was recast.

Pretty good episode, for having no boobies in it (I guess they had their fill last week).

Billy's ex-wife bedding Kenny was wrong.

Mike fooling with his sugar-momma's daughter was wrong.

Tommy torching the crack-head was wrong.

Chief stealing from the old lady was wrong.

A chick in the firehouse is... well... a nice twist. ;)

CaptainMarvel
09-15-04, 11:01 PM
I think it was a different brother. Poor Chase... teaming up with Jack Bauer AND being one of the Gavin brothers... he's got to be an emotional nightmare.

It was good to see James Badge Dale again.

MrX
09-15-04, 11:02 PM
Another good episode.

Franco's line about the house putting the midget in a trashcan, rolling her around, and now she's got a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the city killed merotfl

Red Dog
09-16-04, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Goldberg74
I thought maybe Dean Winter's part was recast.

That's what I assumed.

I knew that the mystery 4th potential firechick was going to be a hottie.

Man was that daughter hot or what. :drool:

Tommy was great at the end - here's what I you want to do - wear this, that, pour this drink......:lol:

Phil L.
09-16-04, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Red Dog

Man was that daughter hot or what. :drool:

Oh man you said it brother.

As far as the new chick firefighter goes, I'm (at least initially) disappointed in that choice. I feel this is way too sit com cliche.
The hot girl in the house with all the guys and all the sexual innuendo jokes that will follow blah blah blah :rolleyes:
This show doesn't need to rely on overused cheap gimmicks I feel.

Supermallet
09-18-04, 02:12 AM
This might be the best episode yet. I found myself talking to the TV, which I never do (at least when I'm on my meds, anyway). Everything about this episode worked, and the places they're taking it are great. I can't wait for this series to come out on DVD.

Franco's line about older women versus younger women is now my sig on another forum.

Boot
09-18-04, 09:40 AM
This show is really improving by the week. Snappy dialogue, good character development, excellent acting. I'm really becoming hooked on it. The daughter was hot, and we got some spread leg panty shots with a hint of lip. That was sweet.

This show really doesn't have a great impression of women, though, does it? Every one is either a bitch, a slut, or a conniver. I'll be interested to see what they do with the new female firefighter.

Boot
09-18-04, 09:41 AM
Oh, and of course we all saw exactly what was coming with the famle firefighter. Still, I laughed. It was handled well.

Supermallet
09-19-04, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Boot
This show really doesn't have a great impression of women, though, does it? Every one is either a bitch, a slut, or a conniver.

What about the widow? (I forget her name) She's not really conniving, she's just lonely.

And for that matter, the ex-wife isn't really any of those, either.

So there are a lot of one-dimensional women, but there's some well-rounded ones, too. And besides, they're firefighters. ;)

Geofferson
09-20-04, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Suprmallet
Franco's line about older women versus younger women is now my sig on another forum.
26-year-old's...that's the sweetspot. :up:

Great episode last week (I finally got around to watching it).

Also, I think that Tommy's brother was recast. I doubt it's a second brother.

Deftones
09-22-04, 01:29 AM
Great episode. Funny to see Dianne Farr walk int. It's like the Job without the cops.

movieking
09-22-04, 11:19 AM
I want Dean Winters back, if in fact he is gone. I can't remember if anyone mentioned that Tommy had more than one brother yet.

davenyl
09-22-04, 11:41 AM
According to IMDB.com, Tommy has two brothers, Timo and Johnny Gavin. James Badge Dale plays Timo and Dean Winters plays Johnny.

B.A.
09-22-04, 12:10 PM
I've said all along it was another brother, how dare you guys question that!

;)

Deftones
09-22-04, 12:32 PM
How could they not have more brothers? They are freaking Irish Catholics!!! :lol:

B.A.
09-22-04, 12:33 PM
Exactly.

movieking
09-22-04, 01:50 PM
True. Tommy probably got another 6 or 7 brothers that will show up as cops and/or firefighters in the future.

Shop Smart Shop S-Mart
09-22-04, 10:36 PM
This show really doesn't have a great impression of women, though, does it? Every one is either a bitch, a slut, or a conniver. I'll be interested to see what they do with the new female firefighter.

I think this is due to the all male point of view of the show. It is based in an all testosterone all the time environment. Think locker room.

As far as the new chick firefighter goes, I'm (at least initially) disappointed in that choice. I feel this is way too sit com cliche.

As for the cliche... no matter if they would have gone with the dyke, or the sissy, or whatever, it could have been labled cliche. For those of us who have to watch her on screen. Let's all be happy it wasn't the 7 foot tall Norwegian (or whatever she was) that the chief described. This one is pretty easy on the eyes.

mikehunt
09-22-04, 10:45 PM
tonight they said how many brothers he has