Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Scrubs - 09/14/04

B.A.
09-14-04, 02:49 PM
"My New Game", Episode #403.

J.D.'s new position as chief resident goes to his head and interferes with his relationship with Turk and Elliot; Dr. Molly Clock (Heather Graham) confronts a divorce-weary Dr. Cox about a patient.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn, Heather Graham, Christa Miller Lawrence.
Producer(s): Bill Lawrence.

Original Airdate: September 14, 2004.

Bronkster
09-14-04, 04:21 PM
My VCR is already set! (and just in case, I'm buffering 30 minutes each way so I don't miss any of it!!! :)

tofu
09-14-04, 06:31 PM
Can't wait. From the commercials, it looks like the Todd is back on the episode.

Quake1028
09-14-04, 10:09 PM
Awesome, THAT was the Scrubs I love.

kevin75
09-14-04, 10:13 PM
lots of very funny moments in this one. :lol:

B.A.
09-14-04, 10:21 PM
Kielbasa!!! :lol: Heather Graham is really doing a good job on this show.

Glad to see the return of Jordan, Ted and the Todd. :up:

You've been gravelled!

_tony_
09-14-04, 10:26 PM
funny episode.

btw, is Scrubs usually broadcast in HD becuase it wasn't for me.

MrX
09-14-04, 11:12 PM
Good to see Ted back, though they didn't give him much to work with.

The suits from "Raw" were good

I like Molly too. I read they're trying to get Heather to sign on for more episodes.

mverleg1
09-15-04, 12:02 AM
Funny as usual. I'm having a hard time accepting Heather Graham as part of the cast just because I know she's only there for 8 episodes. She's been funny and quirky, but for some reason, she just doesn't quite fit the cast in my mind.

Kal-El
09-15-04, 12:03 AM
Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Heather Graham fits just like a glove with the cast.

More Jordan = :up:

Co-chief!

"I'm gay..." :lol:

Patman
09-15-04, 12:13 AM
I thought it was funny in many places, but off in narrative flow for some reason.

the narrator
09-15-04, 01:23 AM
enjoyed it all the way through...loved the parts with Ted

sven
09-15-04, 03:36 AM
Another awesome show!

I cant decide which I like more Scrubs or Arrested Development.....oh who cares they both kick lots of hiney.

Michael Corvin
09-15-04, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by tonytapez
funny episode.

btw, is Scrubs usually broadcast in HD becuase it wasn't for me.

me neither. I thought it was supposed to be. Maybe not.

Co-Chief. Brilliant.

B.A.
09-15-04, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by MrX
I read they're trying to get Heather to sign on for more episodes. :up:

shadowhawk2020
09-15-04, 07:37 AM
I usually hate guest stars but Heather fits PERFECTLY, the way her and Dr. Cox interact is brilliant! Last weeks episode was good but this one was freakin fantastic.

"Take a look at Mr. June, I might give you a sneek peek at July"

:)

BigDave
09-15-04, 08:40 AM
Scrubs isn't filmed in HD. :(

Another good episode. Did we really need to see Mr. June and July though? :lol:

Cusm
09-15-04, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BigDave
Scrubs isn't filmed in HD. :(

Another good episode. Did we really need to see Mr. June and July though? :lol:

I am just glad for once that something was not filmed/showed in HD.

That's the Todd would have given his own heart look.

shadowhawk2020
09-15-04, 09:14 AM
"Is this like PlayDough pants?"

"Playdough pants became all about the money"

Shadow

JasonF
09-15-04, 10:04 AM
That's your "The Todd would have ripped his own heart out" look. :(

tofu
09-15-04, 11:26 AM
I'm becoming more and more impressed by Heather Graham's comedic talents. She's got some good timing and she can really play off of Dr Cox.

The Todd scenes were hilarious but everyone's already mentioned them :lol:

Another great episode. Why isn't this show on DVD??!!!

Trigger
09-15-04, 12:27 PM
This is one of the few shows I plan on owning on dvd.

Michael Corvin
09-15-04, 01:37 PM
I like heather grahm's character as well. But as a psych doctor, does she really need to be around all the time?

This should be in HD. It is 2004 man! The year of HD! Get with the program NBC.

_tony_
09-15-04, 02:53 PM
are you guys sure this show is never shown in HD/Widescreen?

i know for a fact i've gotten the show from "other sources" and its been in widescreen.

weird.

Josh H
09-15-04, 03:32 PM
That was a great episode.

"Thirsty Ted?"

"It makes the tears taste less bitter!" :lol:

Alyoshka
09-15-04, 05:29 PM
"That is, unless you can hold your breath for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time."

"I can, I used to be a smoker."

Arcade
09-15-04, 06:16 PM
Not sure if this is an exact quote, but my favorite line was
"What possible reason could you have for breaking a broom in half".

BDB
09-15-04, 10:44 PM
Its not on dvd yet as someone posted before because it has yet to be sold into syndication.

I love the Todd.

and Jordan is so freaking hot!

mkdevo
09-16-04, 06:26 AM
good ep.. i also think HG fits in great with the cast. wish she was perm... :(

rfduncan
09-16-04, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
and Jordan is so freaking hot!
"How many times do I have to tell you? I sold the Purple Heart to pay for THESE!" :lol:

Brain Stew
09-16-04, 08:31 AM
YOU'VE BEEN GRAVELED!

Cusm
09-16-04, 09:04 AM
"Make sure that Slag dies a penniless whore. Sorry."
"Oh no slag is kinda Perry's pet name for me"

and I thought she said she could NOT do it because she used to smoke.

breaux124
09-16-04, 09:44 AM
Not the exact quotes, but when Perry is going to see his patient and HG's character says she'll come along.

Perry - " Oh great, I'll call my architect and my gardener and we'll see how many other useless people can make it"
HG - " Ok, my mother's in town. I'll give her a call too."

:lol:

maxpower
09-16-04, 12:07 PM
What happened in the opening sequence?...I called my brother to start recording at 8:20...he said ok but of course the recording did not begin till 14 minutes later. It never fails.

Boot
09-16-04, 02:06 PM
"He's a question talker."

[paraphrasing]"Did I notice that Turk was late? Yes, I did. Will he pay for it later? Yes, he will." :lol:

Kal-El
09-16-04, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
What happened in the opening sequence?...I called my brother to start recording at 8:20...he said ok but of course the recording did not begin till 14 minutes later. It never fails.

J.D. comes into the hospital with a slight swagger in his walk so the Janitor asks him, "Is that you're new Chief Resident walk?"
and J.D. says no, it's just that he's got rocks in his shoes. Hence "You got Gravelled" is invented.

Janitor thinks J.D.'s being a "little too big for his breeches" so he appoints himself(Janitor) as J.D.'s official "breeches shrinker".

Kelso and Ted tell Jordan and Perry that they're still married because of an error Ted did in their paperwork years before.

I think that's pretty much it.

maxpower
09-16-04, 02:51 PM
Thanks...answered some questions there...In scrubs more than any series...the opener sets up the story lines right off the bat.

Roto
09-16-04, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by tonytapez
are you guys sure this show is never shown in HD/Widescreen?

i know for a fact i've gotten the show from "other sources" and its been in widescreen.

weird.
It absolutely has never been shown in HD. When a show goes to HD it costs a bunch of money, they don't go backwards.

Cusm is going to regret saying that he's glad it wasn't filmed in HD when he finally has a widescreen tv and can't enjoy seeing all the fabulous babes on the new Scrubs HD-DVD set. If there was any sitcom I want on HD it's this one for that reason alone!

shadowhawk2020
09-16-04, 07:44 PM
I think hew was saying that so he didn't se the todd in all his HD glory...

Kal-El
09-16-04, 11:51 PM
Just saw the teaser for next week:

Mollie tells Elliott, "we can make out" (or something like that). Cut to the Todd coming in, removing his surgical mask (which makes one think he was in the middle of something) and goes, "What?"

Had me laughing and it was no more than 10 seconds.

Draven
09-17-04, 02:40 AM
Can someone explain to me why Ted said Turk owed him money and what the point of the baseball guys getting in the way of JD and Turk's conversation? That's the only part that didn't make sense to me.

Otherwise, I'm LOVING Heather Graham. I'd decided she was a piss-poor actress after seeing some of her latest films, but she's really taking this role and running with it. I have a friend that works for Scrubs. I'll have to ask what HG is like in person.

Roto
09-17-04, 03:53 AM
Ted is apparently an angry drunk, and the baseball guys weren't the ones in the way. They need to quit having their little girly fights on the softball field :mad:

Heather Graham sings to her food. Kielbasa!

Cusm
09-17-04, 08:55 AM
Shadowhawk was right about me not wanting to see the Todd in all his HD glory. I do have a new HD set and it makes me mad that more stuff is not broadcast/carried in HD. This weekend sucked, I watched the Steeler/Raiders game in HD, then when my Vikings came on I had to suffer in SD(I have Cox and they do not carry Fox HD). It was like watching tv through cheese cloth.

Darq
09-17-04, 09:20 AM
BTW, i guess i missed it, but what was the point of having the football players knock JD down? I didn't get that.

Michael Corvin
09-17-04, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Darq
BTW, i guess i missed it, but what was the point of having the football players knock JD down? I didn't get that.

weren't they playing baseball?

Tom Banjo
09-17-04, 02:53 PM
I didn't understand the point of that either. It felt like the punchline to a joke they forgot to build up or something.

Darq
09-18-04, 02:00 AM
yeah, baseball. I don't know why i wrote football. Anyways, i still didn't get that scene.

Michael Corvin
09-18-04, 08:21 AM
I just figured it was a reason to get a laugh out of that dramatic scene with him and Turk.

Chauzer
09-21-04, 10:38 AM
started watchin this show this summer, one of my favorite shows now

i love how every show always ends w/ some kind of life lesson :D