Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil: Will it ever be on X-Box?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

I'm guessing with the next gen systems coming I'm probably SOL, but will we ever see the Resdient Evil games for the X-box? Maybe an anthology series to get us caught up?
Old 09-13-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In general Capcom has shown very little support for the XBOX so I wouldn't expect much more in the future. Might as well pick up a cube if you really want to play all the Resident Evil's including 4 which will be out early next year.
Old 09-13-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Resident Evil was a GC exclusive. The best you can do is an overpriced port of 1-3 and CV or a *Snicker* Survivor game.

Xbox got the Dino Crisis franchise though. Huzzah.
Old 09-13-04, 08:39 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Not in this generation, but who knows what Capcom will do with the next generation. Exclusive? Multi-Console? Too early to tell, but after RE4 comes out I imagine we'll hear more news.
Old 09-13-04, 11:17 AM

Resident Evil was great under the PS1, but it now it has become like Tomb Raider to me over played.
Old 09-13-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Apollo
Resident Evil was great under the PS1, but it now it has become like Tomb Raider to me over played.
Exactly my sentiments. RE2 is probably my favorite, but the rest are just rehashes. Granted, the GC ones are alot prettier but it is the same thing over and over and over and over again.....
Old 09-13-04, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Lastblade
Exactly my sentiments. RE2 is probably my favorite, but the rest are just rehashes. Granted, the GC ones are alot prettier but it is the same thing over and over and over and over again.....
You may want to check out some previews of RE4 then. It's very different.
Old 09-14-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I for one always loved the RE series. Granted, I admit they were simply similar in style and everything, but considering the story based nature of it all, I felt it worked well, like playing new movies.

But yeah, RE4 is a totally new game and washes those criticisms away.

And yeah, if you want RE...you need a gamecube, or a PS2 for that outbreak thing. But GC is best for RE fans.
Old 09-14-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Superboy
Resident Evil was a GC exclusive. The best you can do is an overpriced port of 1-3 and CV or a *Snicker* Survivor game.

Xbox got the Dino Crisis franchise though. Huzzah.
Resident Evil or Bio Hazard called in is now out with a new version for PS2 only in Japan!
Old 09-17-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Kumar J
Resident Evil or Bio Hazard called in is now out with a new version for PS2 only in Japan!
Your talking about Resident Evil Outbreak 2, thats a spin off of RE, like those gun RE games, its not the main series.

The main series is only on Gamecube. Its a good thing Capcom went to a nextgen console for the RE series, they look unbelievable.

Resident Evil 4 looks incredible, not to mention they've pretty much retooled the entire game and gameplay. I can't wait for the film trailer to come out for this one.
Old 09-17-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I always wondered why Xbox got the short end of the stick from Capcom...

No megaman collection, no Viewtiful Joe, no RE franchise of any kind, no Devil May Cry, and I can't remember an exclusive besides the awful Dino Crisis sequel. At least it's getting Street Fighter II Collection, but it's long delayed after the PS2 version (for legitimate reasons of Xbox Live compatibility, we hope). I know the Xbox is dying a slow death in Japan, but still...

Capcom has probably been instrumental in keeping the GCN alive, though. Besides first party titles, they have had some great games on Gamecube, including Viewtiful Joe and the RE series.