Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any friends of +Live+ out there?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a big fan since Throwing Copper. I've got all of their releases but needed more. Found this cool site(Friends of Live):

http://www.fansoflive.com/mp3/featured.html

Check it out. There are several high quality concerts. They are MP3's but it's better than nothing. Hopefully one day they'll go lossless. Found some really good acoustic performances. Anyone knwo of any other sites like this???

C_Fletch
Old 09-10-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the band. I got to see a Throwing Copper show at American U, it was incredible. They played EVERYTHING except Beauty of Grey that night. I can still hear Take My Anthem in my head.

Birds of Prey was subpar, but all the rest are stellar. The DVD that comes with Birds of Prey has a live version of Voodoo Lady that just kills.
Old 09-11-04, 12:27 PM

Live is a really interesting band in that they always seem to become more and more innovative with each new release. I'm a huge fan of the album 'Throwing Copper' and the song "Sh*t Town" is great. I live close to where the band grew up and there incorporation of life in PA, mostly eastern PA where the Amish are located and religion is heavily projected is kind of fascinating. I think Ed Kowalczyk has a tremendous voice, quite evident in the song "Run to the water" off the album 'Distance to here.' Yeah, great band, I can't say enough.
Old 09-11-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
saw them at merrieweather a couple of weeks ago for 10 bucks. great show from the pit, but it was difficult to hear them (they went on 15 minutes late so they didn't do a cover of "all along the watchtower" according to josh hinkle) they didn't do anything from V though.
Old 09-12-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"they didn't do anything from V though."

I think that is there weakest CD of them all. I've yet to see them live.
Old 09-13-04, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're a big fan, but you haven't seen them live?

On topic, I'm registered over there, but I don't post much. Not much to talk about after you've listed your Top 5 Songs With a Lyric Mentioning an Animal or Fish. Still, it's a nice site.

I recently met the band and got all my albums signed. Very cool. I was very impressed with the way they interacted with their fans. They had plenty of opportunity to ditch us or be pricks about stuff, but they didn't.

das
Old 09-13-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I have like them ever since I saw them on the old MTV tour with PIL, BAD II and Blind Melon (pre-No Rain craze). While I went to see a couple of legends I grew up on, the new kids both blew me away. Live has been probably the best sounding group I have ever heard in concert.
Old 09-13-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

pillar of davidson is one of my favorite songs, well..... ever.
Old 09-13-04, 10:34 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
(they went on 15 minutes late so they didn't do a cover of "all along the watchtower" according to josh hinkle)
Yep, we missed that song and White, Discussion, they're doing the same set every night this tour, but where late and we missed out on those two.

I've been a fan since Throwing Copper and have seen them live 4 times now, but my interst has waned in trhe past couple of years. Birds of Pray sucked IMO, and they don't seem as energetic live as in the past.

I never registered for their site though, or any other band message boards period for that matter.