Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 09:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a sequel to Underworld in the works. I loved the movie and hope that there is another one already in the pipeline.
Old 04-09-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as I hated it, the talks about a sequel were underway even before the film was released.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Mirrors and CPR life saving on Vampire scenes in it.
Old 04-09-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Hopefully the NEGATIVE NETGEEKS haven't ****ed up the chances of a sequel.
Old 04-09-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402559/

slated for a 2005 release.
Old 04-09-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
As much as I hated it, the talks about a sequel were underway even before the film was released.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Mirrors and CPR life saving on Vampire scenes in it.
Well that's no sillier than in every vampire movie they breathe hard when they exert themselves.
Old 04-09-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
That is true, but I just find it odd that a vampire was brought back to life... (THEY ARE UNDEAD) with the use of CPR.

Hopefully the vampires will actually be vampires in the sequel and not look to only there guns to protect themselves.
Old 04-10-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I get you Jack but the vampires and werewolves in Underworld were not of supernatural origin or nature (hence the fact that the vampires do have reflections and crosses mean squat to them). They were just long lived and free from the diseases that typicially plague us. That's why I had no problem with the cpr.

Besides, as much as you love vampires, I think you should find more offence with Blade. That sunblock scene was a terrible idea. I mean, who woulda thought that SPF 150 was all vampires needed to walk during the day? Kinda makes Blade's Daywalker status rather unremarkable.
Old 04-10-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Don't get me started on blade. That was just silly. I'm aware of the ever growing expansion of the Vampire mythos and the constant change. I just suppose the level of disbelief dies by that point. It's like seeing frankensten talk like the royal class of some country club.
Old 04-10-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I understand what you mean, Jack, but I think Frankenstein is a terrible example. The early movies already altered the story in a big way when they had the doctor create his monster using parts of corpses. Not at all like the book, really. There was one TNT movie that sorta got it right, though.

Thing is all popular monsters have been reinvented over time. Be it by different cultures or evolved world views. I understand how it doesn't feel "right" but, hey, we should cry foul against every Dracula movie that has the could being vulnerable to sunlight. I believe Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman was the only one that stayed true to the source.
Old 04-10-04, 12:49 AM
Suspended

I liked Underword a lot. I'd be interested in a sequel but I kinda worry that it'll be a typical action movie sequel (in other words it'll suck). I think though the first one took it really as far as it can go without getting dumb.
Old 04-10-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

What do you mean by that? I would like to know what levels did it need to go to in order to be placed in the "dumb" section?
Old 04-10-04, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
oh for cripes sake, jack... vampires now? Next you're gonna tell me you didn't like ghostbusters cuz real ghosts don't generate ectoplasm. Vampires and zombies don't exist and in movies zombies can run and vampires can be seen in mirrors. There's no rules. You should start taking every film at face value - let the film create its own rules and don't get hung up on rules established in some other movie or book or whatever.
Old 04-10-04, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way - last September, there was buzz about a sequel with the main actors attached and filming to begin in the fall. There was also planning for a prequel.

I thought Underworld was pretty good... it didn't blow me away or anything, but it was cool and entertaining.
Old 04-10-04, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well trigger, I did catch this flick twice in the theater (though both times I sneaked into it as a time waster) So it's good for that I suppose. When this made a decent impact on the box office and got the fairly entertained consumer reaction they took the ball and ran with it. A sequel is indeed going to happen as it was already set up in the film. You can expect more from this.

and Ghost can generate extoplasm for your information mister!
Old 09-07-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Underworld 2 Discussion

I loved Underworld and I am looking forward to the sequel. Also, I am glad that they are continuing with a story-driven movie.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../07/11.30.film

Underworld 2 Gears Up

Tom Rosenberg, producer of the upcoming sequel to 2003's vampire-werewolf movie Underworld, told SCI FI Wire that the follow-up will pick up where the original movie left off. "I think the real intense followers of the whole saga will really love the second one," Rosenberg said in an interview. "It's very intricate. It gives Selene's [Kate Beckinsale] history, Viktor's [Bill Nighy] history, and then of course now Marcus is going to come out of the crypt. So it's really cool. I'm excited about it."

Rosenberg added that the sequel, which doesn't yet have a firm title, is set to begin shooting in November. "We may call it something else," Rosenberg said. "We'll probably call it something with Underworld, but right now it's Underworld 2."

Rosenberg added that Underworld director Len Wiseman wants to be careful not to obscure what made the first film appealing. "It's much bigger action, but we have to keep the coolness of it and not let the action overwhelm it," Rosenberg said. "I like the whole world that's created, and you have to stay within that world. I don't want to jam mindless nonstop action at the audience; this is going to still be story-driven. But we're going to have cool sequences and some bigger action. This story is better, more intricate and more interesting. That's what I really like about it." Underworld 2 is due to be released in 2005.
Old 09-07-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really wanted to like the first one but it was so loud and incoherant that it blew out an eardrum. Maybe the next one will be better.
Old 09-07-04, 02:27 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I too was disappointed with the first one. Hopefully the second one will be better.
Old 09-07-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Loved the first one... anxious for the sequel. My only gripe with the first was the acting of a few of the people in it. Kraven in particular... he was the worst ever. Also, I thought he was gay until I saw the director's cut (which showed him humping a chick) - not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 09-07-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I LOVED the 1st Underworld and I had very few complaints. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Although I think I'm starting to agree with those who thought the Vampires should've been a bit more powerful. Granted, it's shown that the older a Vampire is the more powerful they are and most of the main Vamps were young in relation to Viktor. With that said, the female Elder should've been able to put up more of a fight at the train.
Old 09-07-04, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
Loved the first one... anxious for the sequel. My only gripe with the first was the acting of a few of the people in it. Kraven in particular... he was the worst ever. Also, I thought he was gay until I saw the director's cut (which showed him humping a chick) - not that there's anything wrong with that.
I actually liked the fact that the actor playing Kraven was terrible. That just made me root against him more and hope he would get bumped off.
Old 09-07-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really liked the first movie too, but I don't really know why though. Maybe it was Kate B in that tight ass leather outfit

I also have the hot for that one blonde vamp girl that was always w/ Kraven. I was hoping that Selene would have more hand-to-hand combat in the movie, that is until I saw how freaking weak the vamps were.

Since when can vampires see their own reflection?
Old 09-07-04, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
I LOVED the 1st Underworld and I had very few complaints. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Ditto
Old 09-07-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I liked the first as well. My only real complaint is the lack of Vampire to Werewolf fights. Too many guns. Get down to the nitty gritty, like a 'Fight Club' with vampires and werewolves.
Old 09-07-04, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
The first one was okay, I just didn't like the fact that they didn't do more with the vamps and wolves in their feral states. Having them fight each other with guns really took away from the impact IMO.
Old 09-07-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Looking forward to the sequel, even though I found the first one to only be moderately entertaining. I haven't seen the re-cut version yet, I'm hoping that it is edited better and is paced correctly. It had potential, but was lost in the editing booth.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.