MTV asks for Animated Pilot of "Hef's Superbunnies"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-07-04, 09:37 AM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts

Article at CNN:

Hefner, Stan Lee team for 'Superbunnies'
Tuesday, September 7, 2004 Posted: 9:17 AM EDT (1317 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- A silk pajama-clad superhero fights crime with the aid of a superbuxom team of specially trained Playboy bunnies.

If that sounds like it must be a cross between the oeuvres of Stan Lee and Hugh Hefner, that's because it is.

MTV has ordered an animated pilot for "Hef's Superbunnies," a collaboration between cartooon veteran Lee's newly launched Pow! Entertainment and Playboy's Alta Loma Entertainment division. Hefner's name and likeness will be featured in the pilot, and he also might provide the voice of his cartoon alter ego.

Hefner said he sparked to the notion of being involved with an edgy, sexy animated series as soon as Lee, the mastermind behind such Marvel comic book legends as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, approached him with the "Superbunnies" concept.

"Stan and I go back a long ways, and he simply felt it was time for me to reveal my secret identity," Hefner said. "You all know me as the editor in chief and publisher of Playboy. But late at night when everyone assumes I'm in the grotto living the good life, I'm out there with the Superbunnies fighting evildoers."

Hefner described Lee as one of his "idols," even though he grew up reading "Superman" and other comics in the 1930s and '40s, before Lee and other writers and artists at Marvel Comics revolutionized the superhero form in the late 1950s and '60s.

"This project is going to be a lot of fun," Hefner assured. "It's going to be more than just an action show. It's going to be very satirical with a lot of cutting-edge aspects to it."
Old 09-07-04, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so is this going to be like Stripperella?