Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars question.

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Star Wars question.

Old 09-07-04, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars question.

So, whats' this "Star Wars" I keep hearing about? Nearly every DVD site I visit, it's on some sort of banner. Is it like some big deal?
No really, It's less then 2 weeks now and I'm getting more and more excited. My mum works at Safeways on the DVD section, and a Fox rep turned up with some more advertising ( which will make it's way to me).
I was going to order it online but I didn't want it damaged in transit or turning up after the release day, so I think I'll go to the local HMV to buy and pay the extra money. Also I'm working an earlier shift that Monday so I'll watch it that night.
Not quite sure what I will watch first, properly the extras disc.
Just wondering what and how you will watching the films and what your expecting. (Please don't go all hyper, and say all that cr*p about lucas raping your childhood, there is need for that!)
Old 09-07-04, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lucas raped my childhood and pillaged my small village*

Only two weeks left? I would have never thought it was that soon. It's not like some other folks have discussed this topic in other threads. So it's pretty swell that you decided to start a thread about it.

Well I'm sure everyone is going to do what I did when I got mine. Toss in return of the jedi and see for yourself in perfect dvd quality the edit that was made. Some may like it, some may hate it, and some may not even care enough to do that. As for ordering online. It's a tough choice for folks. I mean this is going to be a major loss leader for stores to get you in the door so a lot of B&M's will have it dirt cheap. I'm not sure how soon the online stores will get it to you. I'm sure STL will be a good use for this set.

Now for one final question. Could this have gone in this thread:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=377414 ?

seems like a better choice for the whole dvd information of the trilogy.

*I kid, really. I kid. Lucas is a swell guy and I love the way the new trilogy looks on dvd. High quality transfer.