Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Alias question

Did Sydney ever complete grad. school? I am watching Season one on DVD and the bits of Syd having trouble from her prof. while intercutting with footage of her life in danger really crack me up.
She has to deal with life and death situations and on top of that the jerks that call themselves academics!
Old 09-06-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think in season 3 she goes back to grad school, but never graduated.
Old 09-06-04, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not that I'm aware of. I think there was a reference about how she wanted to start taking some classes again either last season or in season 2.

Spoiler:
Being off the grid, so to speak, for 2 years probably put a kink in her thesis writing efforts
Old 09-06-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
You'd be surprised at how long it takes some people to write a thesis. Many universities have "students" who have done everything except write a thesis to graduate who hang around and do little to accomplish their task for close to two years.

FWIW, I think Will got a raw deal.
Old 09-06-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Wasn't there a moment (the exact season is escaping me, I think Season 2) when she just tells Vaughan that she is graduating and he makes some kind of comment about how amazed he was that she ever find the time to graduate. It wasn't a big Sydney at graduation scene or anything, but I do believe that she mentioned that she finished.

By the way, her schoolwork does become less of an issue as the series goes.
Old 09-06-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
With the cancellation of Touching Evil I'm hoping he returns next season.

Syd needs a better personal life.
Old 09-06-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by clckworang
Wasn't there a moment (the exact season is escaping me, I think Season 2) when she just tells Vaughan that she is graduating and he makes some kind of comment about how amazed he was that she ever find the time to graduate. It wasn't a big Sydney at graduation scene or anything, but I do believe that she mentioned that she finished..
Yes, this is exactly what happened.
Old 09-07-04, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read on some spoiler site that Will is returning for a number of episodes this season!

This season is all about getting back to basics, supposedly.
Old 09-07-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by clckworang
Wasn't there a moment (the exact season is escaping me, I think Season 2) when she just tells Vaughan that she is graduating and he makes some kind of comment about how amazed he was that she ever find the time to graduate. It wasn't a big Sydney at graduation scene or anything, but I do believe that she mentioned that she finished.

By the way, her schoolwork does become less of an issue as the series goes.
I remember that as well.

[shameless plea]Please bring back Will![/shameless plea]
Old 09-07-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I sort of wish Sydney will get pissed off for a few episodes and get some good old fashion revenge for the people that screw with her life. None of this 'lets just kick them and leave them (and look like I am going to cry) stuff. She has a gun, use it. Someone annoys her, she blows their head off. She tracks down Stark and executes him. No mercy. Give her a pissed look and some tough-guy lines as she blows people away at least for a few episodes.
Old 09-07-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-09-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You'd be surprised at how long it takes some people to write a thesis. Many universities have "students" who have done everything except write a thesis to graduate who hang around and do little to accomplish their task for close to two years.
Bluto: "Seven years of college...down the drain..."

Man, do I love that photo of her in the cap and gown. She's so cute it makes my teeth hurt.
Old 09-11-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, I have another Alias question but no point in starting another thread. I just got my S3 boxset today and watched the first episode and realized a huge plothole that either no one thought about later on or I just missed all of the discussion. When Vaughn is talking to Sydney in Hong Kong, he tells her that he left the CIA after her death.
Spoiler:
So why would Lauren even be interested in him if he isnt part of the CIA? What good does it do her to be married to a French teacher...besides, shes in the NSC/NSA/whatever already. She couldnt have known he would come back all along
Old 09-12-04, 01:08 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ENDContra
Ok, I have another Alias question but no point in starting another thread. I just got my S3 boxset today and watched the first episode and realized a huge plothole that either no one thought about later on or I just missed all of the discussion. When Vaughn is talking to Sydney in Hong Kong, he tells her that he left the CIA after her death.
Spoiler:
So why would Lauren even be interested in him if he isnt part of the CIA? What good does it do her to be married to a French teacher...besides, shes in the NSC/NSA/whatever already. She couldnt have known he would come back all along
The third season premiere begins where we're left off in the heart-pounding second season finale. The trick is Sydney had a girl fight with double Francie (aka Allison) and then went into a coma. Later, she woke up on the street in Hong Kong. She called Lindsey for operation debriefing, then she was instructed to meet Vaughn in person. After their reunion, Sydney got noticed Vaughn's wedding ring, but Vaught told her that she had been missing for 2 years without further explanation of his marriage. That's the end of season two. In the development of season three plotlines, we are introduced the serial conspiracy and threat of another terroist organization - the Covenant (also a former presumably dead guest star in season one resurrected in this season). Everything in the universe of Alias has something to do with the Rambaldi artifact, so the dead comes back to life. Several new roles are also introduced including Lauren and Sydney's long-lost half-sister Nadia. More details will be exposed in later episodes. Actually, Lauren plays a major part in this season as well.