Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What's up with the Charlie Brown movies?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Snoopy Come Home from the UK and just loved seeing that movie again after all these years. The DVD transfer isn't the best, but for a 30 year old cartoon, I never expect too much, and it still looked good.

But I was curious to see if any other Charlie Brown movies were coming out in the UK or in the US anytime soon. I found this information online:
Next UK Peanuts DVD Announced - "Snoopy - The Musical"

The next UK Peanuts DVD from Firefly Entertainment will be released on September 13, 2004 - it contains the hour-long 1988 animated adaptation of Snoopy - The Musical. At £9.99, this latest DVD has a higher retail price than the previous Firefly UK DVD releases. It's available for preordering at most UK on-line stores, such as Amazon.co.uk.

Then the same page goes on to say this:
There are still no plans for a US release of any of the Peanuts theatrical movies at this time.

I found the information here:
http://web.mit.edu/smcguire/www/peanuts-animation.html

So why isn't Paramount trying to get these out faster and in the US? I am pining away to own the Race movie and Bon Voyage.
Old 09-02-04, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been waiting for 'Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown' for a long time now. And of course the original, 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown'.
Old 09-02-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah I'd love to see all the theatrical movies released, especially Race For Your Life Charlie Brown.
Old 09-02-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like I've been waiting for Bon Voyage Charlie Brown forever. The only reason that I can think of for them not being in a hurry to get these on dvd is that the demand hasn't been that high.
Old 09-02-04, 05:04 PM

A Boy Named Charlie Brown has been listen on amazon for years now but still not released. How could they release something like 'It's The Pied Piper' but not the other ones which are much better?
Old 09-02-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't say I'd rush out to get them, but it would be nice to have them available.

I wonder how well the previous specials have sold. It's been hard for me to get too excited about them because they've been so (in my opinion) overpriced that the only reasonable time to get them has been the recent boxset misprice or during post-holiday clearance sales. Forty-some minutes & usually only 1 of the shows is very good... It might be easier to shell out the cash for the feature-length movies. Even the films are probably short enough that they could include a lesser known special as a bonus.
Old 09-02-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Screw the movies, I want Flashbeagle.
Old 09-02-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You know, A Boy Named Charlie Brown was the first movie I'd seen in a theater when I was 4 back in 1969. I would love to have that along with Snoopy Come Home and Race For Your Life Charlie Brown.