Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Penn & Teller Bull****: Hypnosis, 9/2/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-02-04, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Showtime, 9:00pm CDT:
There are some topics that are complete nonsense, and there are others, like Hypnosis, that combine an element of truth with a generous helping of bullshit. We'll go under the "spell" and show you just where the bullshit lies. The bottom line: you never give up control when under an hypnotic spell. But you will give up your money to smooth-talking hypnotists who claim they can enlarge your penis or achieve the ultimate orgasm. We hate to ruin your sex life, but that's bullshit!
Although they originally announced there would be 14 episodes this season (8, then a break, then 6 more), this is episode 13 but there isn't one scheduled for next week. Maybe this is it for the season.
Old 09-02-04, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's it for the season?!?! NOOOOOO!!
Old 09-02-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty flat episode to end the season on. Nothing like last year's season ender on Environmental Hysteria, one of their strongest and most controversial shows. Last season ended with a bang, this season with a whimper.

Anyway, Wendi was certainly exposed as a bullshit artist and sometimes a dangerous bullshit artist. But it just wasn't all that interesting.

No matter what anyone says, I can't imagine myself going along with the stage magician's show. I would've kicked my shoe/puppy across the room. And not just when it "pissed" on me.
Old 09-03-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This episode was nothing to write home about.
Old 09-03-04, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
This episode was nothing to write home about.
I loved this episode. It was better than Cats. I want to see it again and again.

Penn Gilette is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.